It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blacks Don't Protest Black on Black Crimes.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I tend to agree that they made some tactical errors and self inflected wounds, hopefully they will see beyond their mistakes, I don't care who you are no man is an island no man walks alone. a lesson some of their leadership forgot from their civil rights predecessors.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
People don't talk about white on white crime because statistically it is not nearly as significant of an issue relative to their population numbers. Black on black crime is reaching genocidal levels imho. When kids in certain neighborhoods have higher chances of being killed than front line infantry soldiers in an active war zone, there is a serious issue that needs to be addressed.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Exactly.

What I see occurring today among the Black community and its MSM leadership is an ineffective and counter productive strategy to overcome racism.

BLM is an example of this. Instead of making people unite on an issue that effects all of us, they have caused for tension to rise and for our division to divert us from fixing the real issues.

This could have been a perfect issue for both black and whites to come together on and united to progress towards the defeat of racism.

edit on 531231America/ChicagoFri, 04 Dec 2015 10:53:55 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: Edumakated

Tamir Rice was not a thug, but his playing with a realistic toy gun in a public park is what precipitated his shooting.

In seconds after the cops arrived on the scene.

They died because they escalated a situation by resisting arrest.

Or the cops took zero risk to themselves and open up.

Walter Scott was not killed for child support payments. He was killed because he fought with the officer and at one point had control of the officer's weapon.

Not from any reports I read, and even so unloading in the man's back?? but Ok.
BLM is in my view shed light and hold a feet to the fire on a long on going problem with police bad behavior in Black communities, going back decades before there was recording devises, if folks rarely believe the complaints black folks are making today back then they would just laugh you out of their office..BLM need not focus on everything others can focus else where such as education and community building.

Again, you are not thinking logically. Had Walter Scott not ran and not fought with the officer he would be alive. Did the officer have to shoot him in the back? A court will determine if the officer's actions are justified. However, at the end of the day, had he simply not ran and fought he would be alive.

Tamir was shot seconds after the cop arrived. Did the cop react too fast? Not my decision to make. But logically, had Tamir not been playing with a realistic toy gun, he would be alive. PERIOD.

These are tragic incidents in which the victims are just as complicit in their own demise.

In none of these cases are cops waking up in the morning saying, "It's a good day to go kill a nigga". What is happening is that the victims put themselves in a situation which gets escalated and a cop is being forced to make life and death decisions in seconds. In most cases, it is not going to end well for the civilian whether you are black or white.

edit on 4-12-2015 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
People don't talk about white on white crime because statistically it is not nearly as significant of an issue relative to their population numbers. Black on black crime is reaching genocidal levels imho. When kids in certain neighborhoods have higher chances of being killed than front line infantry soldiers in an active war zone, there is a serious issue that needs to be addressed.

K lets not talk about it as LesMisanthrope said.

People killed by police and people killed by their community members are different issues and shouldn't be compared.

To me, the notion of "black on black" crime is quite meaningless. The color of the skin, in nearly every case, has nothing to do with the events that occur. It comes down to criminal vs. criminal, criminal vs. Law-abiding innocent, etc. It's the same with police vs. Black people. Rather, it's cop vs. Criminal, cop vs. Innocent, etc. But people and pundits strain so hard to make it about race that they end up becoming racist themselves, and miss out on the nuance and vast differences that occur on an individual case by case basis, in favor of some forced ideological perspective.

That said, crime is a thing in working class AA communities but the numbers are not that far behind in other communities weather raw numbers or stats, in other thread I railed against gun proliferation legal or otherwise for the damage being done , for me it ain't abstract it's real.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Exactly.

What I see occurring today among the Black community and its MSM leadership is an ineffective and counter productive strategy to overcome racism.

BLM is an example of this. Instead of making people unite on an issue that effects all of us, they have caused for tension to rise and for our division to divert us from fixing the real issues.

This could have been a perfect issue for both black and whites to come together on and united to progress towards the defeat of racism.

While BLM is part of the Black community the Black community is not BLM, important distinctions, and very much allies is needed, there was never a struggle where we did not need each other.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

While BLM is part of the Black community the Black community is not BLM, important distinctions, .

Absolutely that is why I added the " MSM leadership" label.

and very much allies is needed, there was never a struggle where we did not need each other

Exactly, but the representation of the Black Community by the MSM is doing everything in its power from what I can see to keep us separated.

The interesting thing is , that I remember back in the 80's the MSM was all about showing black against white violence on the news. All the mugshots and robbing were of African Americans on the TV. Now the cards have turned?

Were Black people only the ones committing crime against white people back then and now only white on black violence exists? Or perhaps the MSM has another angle to keep exploiting a one side perspective at the cost of keeping us separated?

Who is really winning with this strategy of victimization and villainization among races?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

While BLM is part of the Black community the Black community is not BLM, important distinctions, .

Absolutely that is why I added the " MSM leadership" label.

and very much allies is needed, there was never a struggle where we did not need each other

Exactly, but the representation of the Black Community by the MSM is doing everything in its power from what I can see to keep us separated.

The interesting thing is , that I remember back in the 80's the MSM was all about showing black against white violence on the news. All the mugshots and robbing were of African Americans on the TV. Now the cards have turned?

Were Black people only the ones committing crime against white people back then and now only white on black violence exists? Or perhaps the MSM has another angle to keep exploiting a one side perspective at the cost of keeping us separated?

Who is really winning with this strategy of victimization and villainization among races?

Yes I remember that era too, remember cops??

edit on 4-12-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Poppcocked

Why is there only 1 color in all those pictures?

Let's play where's the white folks instead of where's Waldo.
There are several in the first picture.
Circle all 3 and win a gold star!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

True but that's another misdirection, the min you talk about police misconduct in AA communities, they get you side track with stats on Black on black crime hoping one will forget.

One will never talk about white on white crime..but??? that just how the game is played.

Yes it goes both ways.

The whole notion of categorizing crime on the basis of skin color or race groups is superfluous. Skin color is never a determining factor in murder, and when it is, the amount of cases in a year can be counted on one or two hands, and are dealt with severely by the law. Essentially, there is no such things as "black on black" or "white on white" crime. The statistics merely describe the skin color of the offenders; and if we are to use these to make a case regarding the crime rate of one race or another, then we might as well make the same case regarding bald people, tall people, overweight people, freckled people, etc. Except none of these, just like skin color, are determining factors in the crimes committed.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

LOL, I forgot about COPS.

I think we need to start a new #FTMSM movement to get us all united.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Why are we all supposed to ignore the obvious racism being spread by BLM? They outright called for racial segregation at universities! They have attacked white people who are simply minding their own business, specifically because they are white. These people are RACISTS.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Why are we all supposed to ignore the obvious racism being spread by BLM? They outright called for racial segregation at universities! They have attacked white people who are simply minding their own business, specifically because they are white. These people are RACISTS.

This thread is not necessarily about BLM , and the critique of them have already been made by myself and others in this thread, scroll up and back , the O.P is about the often repeated lie here and in other media that Black folks don't care when black folks kill other black folks which is a lie!!

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
In none of these cases are cops waking up in the morning saying, "It's a good day to go kill a nigga".

Sadly, I have to challenge you on that point, actually: The Horrible, Bigoted Texts Traded Among San Francisco Police Officers

And this is in one of the most liberal places in the country... who knows what you would find elsewhere?

Don't believe for one second that racist cops don't exist anywhere on the planet.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Before I recommend listening to Black media if one wanted to get a feel for what the conversation about Blk/Blk crime is about in the community, I forgot about this Spike lee interview from about 2 yrs back, if you don't want to sit through the whole 35 min vid the relevant part for this post began at time 26:24 .
edit on 11-12-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join