It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blacks Don't Protest Black on Black Crimes.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Often I have to sit through reading nonsense ill-informed statements and even whole threads that Blacklives don't matter when it's taken by other Blacks, yet in virtually every notable case away from missing cameras of your major media, they gathered, they huddled they prayed they cried, they tried to make sense of it all, yet most people who joined in such rant never pick-up a newspaper or read a blog listened to a vlog by Black voices, they swallow everything hook line and sinker regurgitated by the likes of FOX, they will repeat that lie here with little or no challenge, because honestly most others never saw it either, but I am letting you know this have never been true.

“NO MORE BLOODSHED!” – STOP THE VIOLENCE “PEACE WALK”

According to national data, the second most dangerous neighborhood in America is in Southeast Houston near Scott St. and Wilmington (www.neighborhoodscout.com). Just last week a young man was robbed and murdered for his cell phone and cash in the very area. Christians, Muslims, Latinos and all who desire “Peace in the streets” have united with family’s of victims of inner-city violence to send a strong message…NO MORE BLOODSHED! This will be our fourth and, God willing, most impactful Peace Walk. Don’t just sit back in complain about the problem. Come out and be a part of the solution.

There is a War on “2 Fronts” in the Black community. We are fighting a myriad of injustices leveled against us by law enforcement, the criminal justice system, etc. However, the worst injustice stems from the fratricidal (internal) conflict in our own community that leads to Black on Black violence and murder. If you judge our city based on the first 7 minutes of local nightly news reports, it is apparently becoming a war zone. Muslim activist Deric Muhammad and Christian Pastor E.A. Deckard have come together to call on people of good will to unite like never before to “Reclaim Our Communities.” Enough is Enough!!
allrealradio.com...

Not seen in your major mainstream media outlets.

A member of the Save Our Streets organization rings the bell for each of the victims who died due to gun violence in Brooklyn. Photo by Taisha Henry.

Dozens of people gathered in Crown Heights, Brooklyn and chanted “I watch your son, you watch mine.” “Enough is enough.” They held signs that read, “Youth Matter, Black Lives Matter.”

They rallied, they marched, they held vigil yesterday in memory of Carey Gabay and the 94 Brooklyn victims of gun violence. Carey Gamble served as an attorney in Governor Cuomo’s administration, and was killed by a stray bullet during a West Indian Day celebration on Sept. 17th.
pavementpieces.com...
www.dnainfo.com...

Chicagoans are protesting the murder of Tyshawn Lee
gokicker.com...

Brooklyn Crown Hts My old Neighbor hood.
So no more crap about Blacklives only matters when a "White" kills a Black..

edit on 4-12-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Why is there only 1 color in all those pictures?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Good thread.

Can you honestly say there is no difference between these and the organized "Black lives Matter" events?

Both in numbers of marches, and the targets of these marches? I see a virulent hate in one and an honest...I'm not sure what the word is to describe the other.... a outcry for it to end.

One an honest community response...the other not so honest.

To be honest, you make me question your political motives and honesty by targeting Fox.....

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Good thread.

Can you honestly say there is no difference between these and the organized "Black lives Matter" events?

Both in numbers of marches, and the targets of these marches? I see a virulent hate in one and an honest...I'm not sure what the word is to describe the other.... a outcry for it to end.

One an honest community response...the other not so honest.

To be honest, you make me question your political motives and honesty by targeting Fox.....

Because they are the main TV culprits that say such stuffings which is picked up and reused by some of their viewers, but hey other mainstream socalled liberal outlets leave out such protest marches pray-ins also.
As far as BLM they are a national organization and while I do not subscribe to some of their tactics they are far from the terrorist organization some media out let portray them to be.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Hmm, I've never thought of them as terrorist.

An over-used term, don't you think? Of course, I also don't think being a conservative is worth being labelled a terrorist either.

I ask again, do you not see a difference between the two demonstrations and the intent of each?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Poppcocked

Because these marches take place where majority Black folks lives and they are trying to get the attention of their neighbors, if they hit main st USA I have a feeling a lot of people would frown on them for blocking traffic.
Trust me it had been said in another thread.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Hmm, I've never thought of them as terrorist.

An over-used term, don't you think? Of course, I also don't think being a conservative is worth being labelled a terrorist either.

I ask again, do you not see a difference between the two demonstrations and the intent of each?

Nwttrucker you may not but they have been so described in media.
This was made by fox also.
Oh your question are they different, BLM is focused on Police mistreatment, these maybe Ad hoc groups supported by BLM.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

OK. Then could you explain to me why BLM is a 'national organization' and the others are not?

It would seem to me that, at the least, both would merit the same if not higher level of concern than Police mistreatment.(No, I'm not marginalizing police mistreatment. Personally, I tend to avoid dealing with police at every opportunity...
)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Geo-demographics and vested interests.

Do you ask why Tea Party rallies or Trump events are monochromatic?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Geo-demographics and vested interests.

Do you ask why Tea Party rallies or Trump events are monochromatic?

Ahem....they are not monochromatic...stop the rhetoric , you know better. But I agree, it "sounds good" but false nonetheless.
Peace.

edit on 4-12-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

Now , back on topic. There are groups that are trying to make a difference in neighborhoods all over America. And , no there are folks in attendance from all races. You are right , the problem is in high-crime neighborhoods.
edit on 4-12-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

OK. Then could you explain to me why BLM is a 'national organization' and the others are not?

It would seem to me that, at the least, both would merit the same if not higher level of concern than Police mistreatment.(No, I'm not marginalizing police mistreatment. Personally, I tend to avoid dealing with police at every opportunity...
)

Because they approach from an in your face tactic, and are obnoxious (squeaky wheels gets the grease) which garners attention, however I am not opposed to in your face tactics, that's a very American tradition, but sometimes they do alienate potential allies and if some members make stuff up, then they all look less than credible which will gleefully be exploited by their opponents.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Often I have to sit through reading nonsense ill-informed statements and even whole threads that Blacklives don't matter when it's taken by other Blacks, yet in virtually every notable case away from missing cameras of your major media, they gathered, they huddled they prayed they cried, they tried to make sense of it all, yet most people who joined in such rant never pick-up a newspaper or read a blog listened to a vlog by Black voices, they swallow everything hook line and sinker regurgitated by the likes of FOX, they will repeat that lie here with little or no challenge, because honestly most others never saw it either, but I am letting you know this have never been true.

According to national data, the second most dangerous neighborhood in America is in Southeast Houston near Scott St. and Wilmington (www.neighborhoodscout.com). Just last week a young man was robbed and murdered for his cell phone and cash in the very area. Christians, Muslims, Latinos and all who desire “Peace in the streets” have united with family’s of victims of inner-city violence to send a strong message…NO MORE BLOODSHED! This will be our fourth and, God willing, most impactful Peace Walk. Don’t just sit back in complain about the problem. Come out and be a part of the solution.

There is a War on “2 Fronts” in the Black community. We are fighting a myriad of injustices leveled against us by law enforcement, the criminal justice system, etc. However, the worst injustice stems from the fratricidal (internal) conflict in our own community that leads to Black on Black violence and murder. If you judge our city based on the first 7 minutes of local nightly news reports, it is apparently becoming a war zone. Muslim activist Deric Muhammad and Christian Pastor E.A. Deckard have come together to call on people of good will to unite like never before to “Reclaim Our Communities.” Enough is Enough!!
allrealradio.com...

A member of the Save Our Streets organization rings the bell for each of the victims who died due to gun violence in Brooklyn. Photo by Taisha Henry.

Dozens of people gathered in Crown Heights, Brooklyn and chanted “I watch your son, you watch mine.” “Enough is enough.” They held signs that read, “Youth Matter, Black Lives Matter.”

They rallied, they marched, they held vigil yesterday in memory of Carey Gabay and the 94 Brooklyn victims of gun violence. Carey Gamble served as an attorney in Governor Cuomo’s administration, and was killed by a stray bullet during a West Indian Day celebration on Sept. 17th.
pavementpieces.com...
www.dnainfo.com...

gokicker.com...

We (blacks) do protest black on black crime... just with not nearly the same fervor and outrage. I've never argued that there are no protest.

Often times, the protests for black on black crime are right after a particularly egregious case such as the Tyshawn Lee murder or Amari Brown. However, the protests are usually short lived.

Black on black crime does not fit the narrative of a white boogeyman just wantonly gunning down blacks. There is nothing political to be gained. Truly examining the issue does nothing but expose the complete and utter failure of the so-called black political class who are nothing but lapdogs for Democrat white progressive elites and their policies.

The sad thing about Black Lives Matter is that it really should be renamed Black Thug Lives Matter. Every one of the cases involves thugs:

Trayvon Martin - Thug.

Mike Brown - Thug.

Freddie Gray - Thug.

Laquan McDonald - Thug.

Walter Scott - Thug.

Samuel Dubose - Thug.

Eric Garner - Thug.

This is not to say that there are not some issues with each of these individuals deaths. However, to see the level of protests over basically the deaths of these individuals because it was white on black while basically ignoring the more substantial issue of daily black on black violence just shows a level of hypocrisy that cannot be ignored.

Had BLM started over say Haida Pendelton, the 15 year who sang at Obama's inauguration who was gunned down barely a mile from his house (one thug shooting at another thug situation), then maybe I'd have more respect. Yes, there were some protests, news articles, and the like but it died out quickly.

Instead, we get BLM formed from the Mike Brown shooting in which the entire narrative turned out to be a straight up fabrication. However, it supported a narrative of a rogue white cop shooting an alledge innocent black guy just minding his own business. Basically, every case afterwards also involves someone who basically is a dreg of society, yet we are protesting like some black medical doctor was pulled over and killed by a cop.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Some people don't seem to understand the concept of "media narratives". There are preconceived notions in every society, and news outlets promote stories that reinforce those preconceived notions. Stories that go against these preconceived notions don't get nearly as much coverage, simply because not enough people in that society agree with them. Example: The narrative that "war is necessary". They'll promote stories that reinforce this notion while ignoring most stories that promote anti-war & reconciliation themes.

I had a debate w/a Tea Party friend back in 2010 about this. He was furious that the media kept depicting the original, Libertarian-esque Tea Party as racists & idiots. He told me about some of the Tea Party rallies & groups that he'd attended, and how nearly everyone was articulate & focused. But when the reporters came around, they kept ignoring the sensible attendees while actively searching for the 1 or 2 idiots who would give them a bad image. He said it got so bad that several times they would ask the reporters to leave because of the biased coverage.

Then he started railing against minority protests & the Occupy Wall St. protests that were going on at the time. He kept pointing out examples of all of the clips he'd seen of minorities and Occupy protesters being idiots, which he used to brand all of us.

I interrupted him by saying something like this: "What makes you think they only did that with you guys? They do that with us so often that it's become a running joke with many minority comedians. They ignore the people like me in order to find someone who fits their preconceived bias. Then they promote that clip in order to discredit our entire movement or cause, just as they're doing with you." For a second, he looked like he understood... then he went right back to railing against us. LOL Narratives are hard to overcome.

Great question! So why didn't other people come out to protest w/them?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Spider879

allrealradio.com...

pavementpieces.com...
www.dnainfo.com...

gokicker.com...

We (blacks) do protest black on black crime... just with not nearly the same fervor and outrage. I've never argued that there are no protest.

Often times, the protests for black on black crime are right after a particularly egregious case such as the Tyshawn Lee murder or Amari Brown. However, the protests are usually short lived.

Black on black crime does not fit the narrative of a white boogeyman just wantonly gunning down blacks. There is nothing political to be gained. Truly examining the issue does nothing but expose the complete and utter failure of the so-called black political class who are nothing but lapdogs for Democrat white progressive elites and their policies.

The sad thing about Black Lives Matter is that it really should be renamed Black Thug Lives Matter. Every one of the cases involves thugs:

Trayvon Martin - Thug.

Mike Brown - Thug.

Freddie Gray - Thug.

Laquan McDonald - Thug.

Walter Scott - Thug.

Samuel Dubose - Thug.

Eric Garner - Thug.

This is not to say that there are not some issues with each of these individuals deaths. However, to see the level of protests over basically the deaths of these individuals because it was white on black while basically ignoring the more substantial issue of daily black on black violence just shows a level of hypocrisy that cannot be ignored.

Had BLM started over say Haida Pendelton, the 15 year who sang at Obama's inauguration who was gunned down barely a mile from his house (one thug shooting at another thug situation), then maybe I'd have more respect. Yes, there were some protests, news articles, and the like but it died out quickly.

Instead, we get BLM formed from the Mike Brown shooting in which the entire narrative turned out to be a straight up fabrication. However, it supported a narrative of a rogue white cop shooting an alledge innocent black guy just minding his own business. Basically, every case afterwards also involves someone who basically is a dreg of society, yet we are protesting like some black medical doctor was pulled over and killed by a cop.

Tamir Rice not a thug..phew!!
Walter Scot..thug?? for what running or because he thought he was getting bust for paternity non payments
Samuel Dubose thug?? for missing licence plate and cops lied about it.
Look iam not going to go down the line vouching for the good behavior all those who got killed, and for me Black cops are involved in such killings and Cops are rouge as they are trigger happy and extremely risk averse for they also kill unarmed white folks like earlier this yr in Arizona and some weeks ago in Pennsylvania but due to stereotyping they most often than not kill blacks deserving or not , call it Black vs Blue thing if you want, but this isn't about killer cops, this is about looking inwards and dispel the oft quoted lie that we could give a goodgaddamn, and white Democratic elites?? ...well I have yet to see a regressive white or black speak on any issue concerning blacks without denigrating us.

Oh btw notice the term thug is not thrown around willy nilly for killer cops.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Enlightenedservant I too have had conversations with such folks as they yell about media bias yet cannot walk in another mans shoes and see it coming from the side that seemingly support their cause.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
In every one of the cases, the victims were either directly responsible for their own demise to some degree. The crimes or alleged crimes in which they were arrested for are not why they died. They died because they escalated a situation by resisting arrest.

Walter Scott was not killed for child support payments. He was killed because he fought with the officer and at one point had control of the officer's weapon. Samuel Dubose attempted to flee while the officer was a the car window likely making the officer think his life was endanger as the car started moving while he was still partially in it. Tamir Rice was not a thug, but his playing with a realistic toy gun in a public park is what precipitated his shooting.

At no point am I arguing though that any of them deserved to die, but to ignore the overall situations that led up to these tragic deaths is intellectually dishonest. I am also not arguing that the police are infallible OR did not use excessive force. Nor am I arguing that some police aren't corrupt.

As a middle aged black man, the least of my worries is being arrested and killed by a white cop. What I am arguing is that BLM is misguided considering all of the other issues that affect the black community currently.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
People killed by police and people killed by their community members are different issues and shouldn't be compared.

To me, the notion of "black on black" crime is quite meaningless. The color of the skin, in nearly every case, has nothing to do with the events that occur. It comes down to criminal vs. criminal, criminal vs. Law-abiding innocent, etc. It's the same with police vs. Black people. Rather, it's cop vs. Criminal, cop vs. Innocent, etc. But people and pundits strain so hard to make it about race that they end up becoming racist themselves, and miss out on the nuance and vast differences that occur on an individual case by case basis, in favor of some forced ideological perspective.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Tamir Rice was not a thug, but his playing with a realistic toy gun in a public park is what precipitated his shooting.

In seconds after the cops arrived on the scene.

They died because they escalated a situation by resisting arrest.

Or the cops took zero risk to themselves and open up.

Walter Scott was not killed for child support payments. He was killed because he fought with the officer and at one point had control of the officer's weapon.

Not from any reports I read, and even so unloading in the man's back?? but Ok.
BLM is in my view shed light and hold a feet to the fire on a long on going problem with police bad behavior in Black communities, going back decades before there was recording devises, if folks rarely believe the complaints black folks are making today back then they would just laugh you out of their office..BLM need not focus on everything others can focus else where such as education and community building.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
People killed by police and people killed by their community members are different issues and shouldn't be compared.

To me, the notion of "black on black" crime is quite meaningless. The color of the skin, in nearly every case, has nothing to do with the events that occur. It comes down to criminal vs. criminal, criminal vs. Law-abiding innocent, etc. It's the same with police vs. Black people. Rather, it's cop vs. Criminal, cop vs. Innocent, etc. But people and pundits strain so hard to make it about race that they end up becoming racist themselves, and miss out on the nuance and vast differences that occur on an individual case by case basis, in favor of some forced ideological perspective.

True but that's another misdirection, the min you talk about police misconduct in AA communities, they get you side track with stats on Black on black crime hoping one will forget.
One will never talk about white on white crime..but??? that just how the game is played.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

This strategy of fighting for equality by alienating or focusing on groups of people causes more harm than good.

For the most part there are no issue in America that doesn't effect people of both black and white color.

The problem with the BLM movement and its ineffectiveness to fix the real issue is because it alienated an issue with police brutality to only black people when that is not truly the case.

However, because the Media likes to exploit the White on Black violence they have effectively derailed focus from the true issues:

1. Law enforcement has internal issues,hiring issues, and policy issues with dealing with the public.

2. The public has issues with how to act accordingly when a police officer points a gun at them.

Since the BLM movement made this into a racism issue neither issue 1 or 2 above will be addressed nor discussed. Instead the cycle will continue but with more Political Correct lingo and jargon.

You want support of the people and equality then don't alienate yourself.
edit on 211231America/ChicagoFri, 04 Dec 2015 10:21:48 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join