It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

need help to locate wireless connection icon WinXP SP3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Completely unable to locate my wireless connection icon to get my internet back on this pc.....

Think I got hacked ...not sure but woke up one morning and zero internet and no wireless icon.....any suggestions?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'd assume you already checked the control panel for it an options?

When I was working on the same problem with someone's computer(not an expert but end up fixing my own and others) found it's seems to be an issue with Win XP and an annoying one at that. After trying everything, including net searches, to locate it short of system restore and even to partitioning, the computer was accidentally shut down. When restarted the icon showed again as well as the wireless began working as normal.

I'm wondering, Was your computer shutdown improperly such unplugged, frozen or electrical outage?-without using the shutdown button? That may be the cause of the loss.
edit on 3-12-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
You need to upgrade. XP no longer has security support from Microsoft. Very easy to hack now. I installed Peppermint on my 2008 netbook and it's like a new computer.

But if you don't want to upgrade I think the wireless icon should be in your control panel. Good luck.

a reply to: Komodo

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

edit on 3-12-2015 by revswirl because: del post

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo
if you still have the wireless drivers saved , try reinstalling. Sounds like they got wiped for some reason
Look for unknown devices in Device Manager
Look for devices that have that old yaller ! on them
edit on 3-12-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I mean this with all peace and love but wtf are you still using XP?
Are you mental?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Normally as part of the connection theres a show it in the task bar sort of setting (been a while) so perhaps its just got unticked

top topics

join