It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Largest Muslim Group Launches Anti-ISIS Campaign:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
World's Largest Islamic Organization Tells ISIS To Get Lost
A 50-million strong Sunni movement in Indonesia just launched a global anti-extremism campaign.

Each time the Islamic State, al Qaeda or another terrorist group commits violence in the name of Islam, a familiar refrain arises: What's the Muslim world doing about it?

In fact, anti-extremism efforts abound in the global Muslim community: Muslim leaders and scholars have denounced the Islamic State group, the U.K.'s Muslim Youth League has declared "ideological holy war" against extremism, and YouTube has even tried to recruit American Muslims to counter extremist content.

And in Indonesia, home of the world's largest Muslim population, a massive anti-extremism movement is underway.

Nahdlatul Ulama, or NU, is the largest independent Islamic organization in the world, with 50 million members. Part Sunni religious body, part political party and part charity, it was founded nearly 90 years ago, in 1926, as a response to another Sunni movement, Wahabbism.

Wahhabism is the ultra-conservative reform movement based in Saudi Arabia that advocates for puritanical laws from the time of Islam's origins. It rejects the modern notion of "religion as a purely private activity" and the separation of church and state. The Islamic State is highly committed to Wahhabi principles, using its religious textbooks and embracing its hardline tradition of killing unbelievers.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

I hope they can pull this off, note this is not some Johnnie come lately organization as it is said in the piece that they go back to 1926 , if so they have not been successful in combating Wahhabist matter of fact I only know of them through this article , but yes they do need to confront them in the Mosques, the Madrasas in media , the Wahabbist are well funded and have a jump start on the imagination of many young Muslims I hope they can be successful in combating their ideology.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
thank you, now I finally have a consistent answer to give people who demand these very questions.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Big whoop.

Sunnis launched an anti-shia campaign while the blood in muhammeds corpse was still warm and look how that turned out.

Muslims claiming other muslims are not real muslims is very muslim.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Big whoop.

Sunnis launched an anti-shia campaign while the blood in muhammeds corpse was still warm and look how that turned out.

Muslims claiming other muslims are not real muslims is very muslim.

The manufactured scum these Muslims are campaigning against are NOT Muslims.
edit on 3-12-2015 by Vector99 because: I called isis people

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Wahabi Saudi Arabians are not real muslims?

Sure.

Next you will claim the Vatican City is not truly Catholic.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
World's Largest Islamic Organization Tells ISIS To Get Lost
A 50-million strong Sunni movement in Indonesia just launched a global anti-extremism campaign.

Each time the Islamic State, al Qaeda or another terrorist group commits violence in the name of Islam, a familiar refrain arises: What's the Muslim world doing about it?

In fact, anti-extremism efforts abound in the global Muslim community: Muslim leaders and scholars have denounced the Islamic State group, the U.K.'s Muslim Youth League has declared "ideological holy war" against extremism, and YouTube has even tried to recruit American Muslims to counter extremist content.

And in Indonesia, home of the world's largest Muslim population, a massive anti-extremism movement is underway.

Nahdlatul Ulama, or NU, is the largest independent Islamic organization in the world, with 50 million members. Part Sunni religious body, part political party and part charity, it was founded nearly 90 years ago, in 1926, as a response to another Sunni movement, Wahabbism.

Wahhabism is the ultra-conservative reform movement based in Saudi Arabia that advocates for puritanical laws from the time of Islam's origins. It rejects the modern notion of "religion as a purely private activity" and the separation of church and state. The Islamic State is highly committed to Wahhabi principles, using its religious textbooks and embracing its hardline tradition of killing unbelievers.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

I hope they can pull this off, note this is not some Johnnie come lately organization as it is said in the piece that they go back to 1926 , if so they have not been successful in combating Wahhabist matter of fact I only know of them through this article , but yes they do need to confront them in the Mosques, the Madrasas in media , the Wahabbist are well funded and have a jump start on the imagination of many young Muslims I hope they can be successful in combating their ideology.

WELL #, FINALLY...

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Sure.

If you believe the Muslim religion tells people to kill infidels then sure they are Muslim. I doubt the religion actually says that though.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Sure.

If you believe the Muslim religion tells people to kill infidels then sure they are Muslim. I doubt the religion actually says that though.

If the Muslim religion is telling Muslims to kill infidels and its high up on the divinity checklist, they suck at it. Like they are really, really bad at it.

I think they have killed more of their own (Muslims) in the last 100 years than they will of infidels, not to mention there are 2 billion? And I think infidels have killed probably in the millions in the last half century (mostly Iraq Im guessing) while their numbers against infidels are probably lower.

Its nice to think every Muslim is a radical jihadi, and think everyone else are the 'good' or 'normal' ones, it gives the world an easy black and white narrative, makes the good guys and bad guys easily divided down the middle. Too bad it isn't true.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I am not going to debate the fact that within most if not all holy books there are cringe worthy passages and contradictions and anyone can find what they are looking for good or bad within those pages, that's just they way most holy books are, and I also know that I am not going to change anyone's mind on their religion, but I'd rather have these guys on our side instead of fighting those other guys alone.
edit on 3-12-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Interesting, but what exact actions are these people doing to bring down ISIS?

Are they infiltrating it and helping get it destroyed or merely waffling along with the usual banter?

The simplest solution is not to attend the Saudi Mosques that have been put wherever the Saudi's can get them in.

The best people to destroy this Wahhabism are the Sunni themselves and the sooner the better if Muslims are genuinely sincere on this and want to make reasonable changes acceptable to people in their communities and lead a safe and secure life.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

The further away Muslims are from Wahhabism, the more moderate they are.........

and since this is ATS, I'm sure we can liken actual Indonesian Muslims to be like cheesy - unbelievably polite and just all round awesomeness.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Indonesia. Not middle east muslims. I am glad they are speaking out but then the craziness stems from culture. Indonesian muslims are in general less mental. Good on them.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Sure.

I don't know man, how about we not deal in ambiguities as to smudge our sight? Let's shine some light so we all can see, that's fair wouldn't you say? You need not doubt things because it feels good, you need to doubt things because you have facts.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Sure.

I don't know man, how about we not deal in ambiguities as to smudge our sight? Let's shine some light so we all can see, that's fair wouldn't you say? You need not doubt things because it feels good, you need to doubt things because you have facts.

even without quoting what comes before or after these passages one with a little intelligence can easily work out that this is saying its OK to defend yourself once you have been invaded/attacked.

I don't see these passages commanding Muslims to kill infidels if that whats you were trying to 'shine some light on'.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

It is not about killing infidels, it's about killing whoever took what's theirs.
Like invaders.

Like Israel, but I guess that's another debate on who was there first.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Seriously dude, as if this religion doesn't hold these verses you are acting like they are teaching freaking mma judo self-defense classes get real. Here is some more for your viewing pleasure, btw all religions contain such rhetoric and its wrong when extremists use these doctrines to act out their fantasy's but to deny the existence is silly.

edit on 3-12-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Seriously dude, as if this religion doesn't hold these verses you are acting like they are teaching freaking mma judo self-defense classes get real.

I am Sorry that intelligence isn't one of your finer qualities.

You seriously don't understand what you posted do you or you having a laugh?

Its quite clear the passages translated in few different ways all clearly state its defensive

Here is some more for your viewing pleasure, btw all religions contain such rhetoric and its wrong when extremists use these doctrines to act out their fantasy's but to deny the existence is silly.

I know whats in most religious texts. I have read various interpretation of quite a few, there are minor changes in each but enough to better understand what the main message of each is trying to pass on.

I don't need youtube, some website or whatever other sources are used to promote division based on out of context interpretations.

Pulling one quote from one book shows me one thing, I don't really want say it is as it will just seem insulting to the many who do this over and over because they need to express their hate for something don't understand and don't want to understand as they have minds made up based on judging a book by its cover type of thinking.

Yes its wrong when extremists use these doctrines to influence, just as wrong as other extremists using them to tar all of Islam or what ever religion is being attacked.

No one is denying these passages exist, however some things are still silly.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Stop your apologist crap,"and kill them wherever you find them" that's pretty self explanatory, theses verses; this doctorine has a direct arrow to terrorism. We are talking about a religion that abuses women enmass removes people's heads for just punishment, I can go on and on. Sit from your nice western home and fight the good fight, however I make no apology for any religion nor should you. There is nothing "peaceful" about this, no not all Muslims are extremists and I never would make that claim but some are, and a staggering amount upwards of 28% have extremists views, and a lesser amount who are jihadist. If you think it so great than you would have no problem living in a Islamic caliphate? No but we both know that's not true. I do not hate these people, I do hate the (extremist)ideas and the incompatibility with our culture,let me ask you a question, how many Islamic extremists are acceptable in your world?

Further don't insult my intelligence or call me an extremists, that does not further your argument just makes you look weak.

Your quote-"Yes its wrong when extremists use these doctrines to influence, just as wrong as other extremists using them to tar all of Islam or what ever religion is being attacked. "

yea, ok buddy

edit on 3-12-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

you are guilty of following these quotes yourself. You (your country) was perceived as attacked and you justified hitting them wherever they were when you served in the armed forces. How many did you kill??? It was a time of war right?? Everything you quote was during a time of war, and if you read it all it explains exactly as such.
You know exactly what it says but your bias developed during time of war when you served only allows for you to try and spread only a hateful half truths and whole lies due to your anger and desire for revenge.

Why dont you just go do another tour and keep on fighting, thats what you want really anyways. It shows in much of your posts on Islam around here. Just go back and fight, it IS what you want and are constantly advocating for. Go, they will take you back.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
starting to see an uptick in American Muslims as well getting involved. They obviously have my full support and whats even better is they are also questioning the president on why the hell he isnt recognizing our common enemy, radical islam. This weird rhetoric and stance from the president is about to get really odd if American Muslims start calling him out too and he still doesnt recognize radical islam as the enemy. I got a feeling Muslim Americans are starting to feel insulted that the president is treating them like some sort of protected class of Americans.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join