It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Hezekiah's Seal Discovered in Jerusalem.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Look at our money. It has latin and English, a Pyramid with an eye, all kinds of strange stuff. Imagine someone finding one of our coins 2,000 years from now. Doesn't seem that strange to me.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

It also bears a resemblance to the golden snitch from Quidditch in the Harry Potter series .
a monarch always wanted to connect himself with the Sun and ultimate power.
edit on 3-12-2015 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
a reply to: Byrd

Look at our money. It has latin and English, a Pyramid with an eye, all kinds of strange stuff. Imagine someone finding one of our coins 2,000 years from now. Doesn't seem that strange to me.

The part that I edited out of my reply was that the area had been under Egyptian and Phoenician control - but I was in too much of a hurry to look up the dates. I'd wanted to remark on a possible timeline of the area... but couldn't remember the dates.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It makes sense that the symbol would bear the marks of Zoroastrianism, it's long been thought Judaism in it's monotheistic form was a combination of ancient Egyptian and Zoroastrian beliefs. It makes geographic sense as Judea would be in between both areas and a point of trade between the two cultures.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
a reply to: dashen

Why is there the symbol of an Ankh on his seal?? also a sundisc?

... egyptian?

Because life (Ankh) comes from the sun (Ra)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Winged Sun

Hebrew
From ca. the 8th century BC, the winged solar disk appears on Hebrew seals connected to the royal house of the Kingdom of Judah. Many of these are seals and jar handles from Hezekiah's reign, together with the inscription l'melekh ("belonging to the king").[1] Typically, Hezekiah's royal seals feature two downward-pointing wings and six rays emanating from the central sun disk, and some are flanked on either side with the Egyptian ankh ("key of life") symbol.[1] Prior to this, there are examples from the seals of servants of king Ahaz and of king Uzziah.[2]

Compare also Malachi 4:2, referring to a winged "Sun of righteousness",

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Winged Sun

Hebrew
From ca. the 8th century BC, the winged solar disk appears on Hebrew seals connected to the royal house of the Kingdom of Judah. Many of these are seals and jar handles from Hezekiah's reign, together with the inscription l'melekh ("belonging to the king").[1] Typically, Hezekiah's royal seals feature two downward-pointing wings and six rays emanating from the central sun disk, and some are flanked on either side with the Egyptian ankh ("key of life") symbol.[1] Prior to this, there are examples from the seals of servants of king Ahaz and of king Uzziah.[2]

Compare also Malachi 4:2, referring to a winged "Sun of righteousness",

A 1000 stars and flags for this article and this post......

Thx. You

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
KIng David real...how cool......
you know what he did when out shepherding when the lions and bears came in?????
Scripture says he grabbed the poor muthers by the jaws and ripped em in half ( I'm paraphrasing )...like it was nothing

It doesn't say anything about King David being real - which as far as anyone knows he wasn't. Well, he's as real as King Arthur or Robin Hood.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
except King Arthur and Robin Hood didnt have any living great great grand children running around leaving seals, buildings and treaties with ancient civilizations laying around.
Perhaps Ramses was a fictional character too?
Plato?
you?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: VelvetSplash

I dont see David as a fictional character.

Why would a culture base its identity and messianic future on a guy that was so heavily flawed(no beating around the bush, he made some stupid moves) most of his life?

Where else do cultures include embarrassing details such as murder to nail his underling's wife, or letting your son get away with raping his sister, causing a rift in his family to the point of attempted regicide?

Much easier to say everything was grand, he had god on his side the entire time and "boy those were the days!" stuff that Egypt Rome, Greece, Persia, Assyria, etc. style?

(post by stormbringer1701 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: VelvetSplash

I dont see David as a fictional character.

Why would a culture base its identity and messianic future on a guy that was so heavily flawed(no beating around the bush, he made some stupid moves) most of his life?

Where else do cultures include embarrassing details such as murder to nail his underling's wife, or letting your son get away with raping his sister, causing a rift in his family to the point of attempted regicide?

Much easier to say everything was grand, he had god on his side the entire time and "boy those were the days!" stuff that Egypt Rome, Greece, Persia, Assyria, etc. style?

Try to remember, that the Bible is not a history book, parts of it are a religio-political propaganda text used to lay claim to the land of Israel. Which has been edited numerous times by numerous writers, whose motives have never been clear. The general consensus from Academia is that David did exist, but he was a minor chieftain, who the Jews later use to establish a precedent, from which to gain an advantage over land ownership.
i.e. The great king David ruled Israel, I am one of his descendants, therefore I should rule Israel.

We have a guy in the UK called Arthur Uther Pendragon,
en.wikipedia.org...
Who was originally John Timothy Rothwell, who since changing his name and claiming to be King Arthur reincarnated has become a minor celebrity and now uses his own invented heritage as a reasoning to get up to all sorts of land claiming mischief. He is about as credible as the stories attributed to Biblical David

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

David is a part of the Torah, there has been almost no measurable editing in the last few thousand years.

We all can agree that some words change(Talking OT here) but the discrepancies aren't whole changes to the narrative, but rather small descriptions that amount to nothing as far a Dogma, or overall narrative across extant writings.

I see your point on Arthur, but thats only a handful of writers at the time of Geoffrey of Monmouth, not counting any others after the 12th C that were likely copy cats based on the popularity of Jeff's book. Arthurian trends in England arent as strong as David, sort of an Uncle Sam figure.

edit on 1242015 by Butterfinger because: Geoffrey of Monmouth spelling change

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Every archaeological discovery in Israel contradicts every part of your post.
deny ignorance. or not ,your choice

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

Every archaeological discovery in Israel contradicts every part of your post.
deny ignorance. or not ,your choice

Well then, you seem to be blissfully unaware of the lack of archaeological evidence supporting the reign of King David
Perhaps you can list the archaeological support for the biblical narrative in this example
lol

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Is that the winged planet Nibiru?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oannes
Is that the winged planet Nibiru?

No, because Nibiru is fictional

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

It can't be anything but a rock with scratches until it's been peer reviewed, until a great collection of minds look at a rock, the inscription and then pass their magical collective assumption it's not a rock anymore.

Seriously I would think the ank and sun disk has something to do with the fact Israel had been conquered or at least a vassal state to another empire

It can't be stone, pretty hard to press a signet ring into stone. It should be able to be carbon dated, the clay.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
a reply to: dashen

Why is there the symbol of an Ankh on his seal?? also a sundisc?

... egyptian?

Because the Israelites were Sun worshippers. They were priests of Horus and Hathor. The winged disc is called SALMU in ugaritic IIRC. (Search for the paper SALMU the sun disc.) the word SALMU is a cognate of Solomon and Salem(Jerusalem). They had the nehushtan which is a sun god symbol also.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: zardust

As a native Hebrew speaker I can say for certain that your claims are totally incorrect.
Jerusalem was named by King David before Solomon's birth. Before David Conquered the city from the Jebusites it was named Jebus(Yevoos). Secondly Solomon's name in Hebrew is Shlomo. He had many other names such as Koheleth, Yedidya, etc.
edit on 5-12-2015 by dashen because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2015 by dashen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join