It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man in the white Van .....vs..... Truck camper ???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

You're responding to a single post by one person who is vastly overstating the case. He's "free" to say whatever he wants. I've done it many dozens of times (I wanted to say 'hundreds,' but that may be exaggerating) and never once has any "police cruiser" stopped by and told me I had to move.

Whatever small disneyland community are you from? If they let you alone its because they knew you and or it was a long time ago. Pre 911?

I spent years outdoors under overpasses, alongside the tracks, sleeping in and out of vehicles on the side of roads,behind abandoned buildings, in parks, national parks and national forests. I am a master at hiding in plain sight.

Once you establish a rep with the police they get tired of waking you up and pretty much leave you alone, unless they're training rookies.

I've been witness to 'clean up' programs where roving bands of city workers protected by police and or amtrak security, roust homeless camps, driving people out , destroying their encampments and meager belongings.

They use dogs, batons, tractors and city peons to take everything and throw it in landfill. They tow vehicles, don't leave it unattended, issue citations people can't afford to pay, criminalizing them for petty crimes so they have to hide or be arrested for failure to appears.

Yah, its the land of the free. only nothings free anymore, woah, ho, ho…

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: grainofsand

Maybe, you are an Island state, its own form of protection. Kind of removes you like us, the twin Moats of the Pacific and Atlantic.

Thing is I'm watching the terror playbook run there just like it did here in the states, page for page. Once you been thru that you recognize it being used elsewhere. And I could be wrong, too (removes hat) but consider this. The war on terror is about conquest and protecting the conquerors not only from blowback in the form of warring back, but protecting the state form its own citizens in case they rise up against unjust wars.

Thats about increased surveillance, increased police activity, limiting freedom of movement, and making everyone suspicious of each other. Here that translates to "See something, say something". In a frenzy of--- turn in your neighbors, there is an ever-increasing cry for security and people calling in reports to police of suspicious guy sleeping in a camper out front.

It is a gradual shift, but slippery slope.

Get ready for increased terror level alerts, more cops everywhere, less liberties, and handwringing peoples crying for more stiffer sentences for lesser crimes.

Something must be done!
I can only hope your vision of the future does not come true here in the UK.
My gut instinct is that it will not because our police budgets have been slashed and they are ignoring bull# 'crimes' already so they can concentrate on real issues.

My police area has already announced they will not chase fuel station 'drive off's' unless there is a clear case of fraud such as hiding license plates. They say go through the civil court not them.
I also have to remind myself that pot is illegal as personal possession and/or a handful of plants they will ignore.

Where I live, the largest police area in England with rural landscapes and only 3 major cities, the police are vastly outnumbered. It is a tourist area, but police numbers are based on resident population, so in the Winter we have one cop for every thousand citizens, but in the Summer it is one cop for every 5000 citizens. Less than one it ten cops have a Tazer, the rest just batons.

Nobody is scared of the police here, and the last thing our cops are interested in is people sleeping in vehicles on public roads. As I said earlier, it is perfectly legal to sleep in a car/van/tractor even in the UK, but I guarantee if the government suddenly made it illegal then the local plod would ignore it as they ignore pot smoking, because they are so underfunded and understaffed...and need to keep the communities on their side because if it proper kicked off they would be unable to control us.
I like that.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I like that.

Sounds cool. Maybe I'll move there. Oh, can't afford to.

Edit: thanks for shining a light on your hood. Comparing that to our state it sounds more like you guys are living like the constitution here says we are supposed to. The police state is over here.

Hope it stays that way for you, despite the building war on "terror". Thats not going away you know. Neither is the refugee problem, for now.

edit on 2-12-2015 by intrptr because: edit:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You speak English, just come over on a tourist visa with enough funds to stay alive for a month or so, you'll find cash in hand work easily if you ask around then you'll be good to go.
If you are white you will probably get away with it for years without suspicion, and if you have a service to offer such as a construction trade or whatever you'll get away with it forever as self-employed.
Her Majesties Revenue & Customs won't give a # if you declare income and pay your taxes lol.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: NowWhat

originally posted by: lavatrance

:

Also, 24 hr wal-marts. just park your van there and get a good nights sleep, no one will ever know...

24 hr wal-marts, gulp, In Australia you cannot park in a shopping centre for more than 4 hours otherwise the local council will give you a $150 parking fine. ...... but then again, most shopping centres are owned by Frank Lowly a J...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join