It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do people like Dane "Wigy" Wigington get away with pedling lies?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I think people like him are the lowest of the low. I mean, to peddle imaginary fears to vulnerable people for years with no sign of letting up just seems so despicable to me. he is probably the kind of guy who would run over his own mother for a profit.

He's probably sold his whole family "chembusters"

I mean, if it was an easy gig, i would say, opportunist. But clearly the "man" (i use that term lightly with him) works hard at it so he must be doing quite well peddling his lies

To be honest, i kind of respect the man in that regard. To waste your whole life lying to people and stealing their money takes a certain kind of callous dedication

My question is, are scammers like him investigated at all? i don't get how he hasn't been reported yet.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Just one of the millions who do it to many more millions on a daily basis. At the end of the day, if you are stupid enough to believe it, then you don't deserve to hold on to your hard earned cash in the first place.

Screw the stupid people.

YAY CAPITALISM!

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

No clue who this person is. Please provide some background info. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

No clue who this person is. Please provide some background info. Thanks.

he is one of the leading peddlers of the chemtrail myth. One of its chiefs. Not sure if is responsible for the lie in the first place, i dont think so.

I wont put any of his links here, i refuse to link to them but if you google his name, is is the geo engineering watch website.

he is a little snake

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
I think people like him are the lowest of the low. I mean, to peddle imaginary fears to vulnerable people for years with no sign of letting up just seems so despicable to me. he is probably the kind of guy who would run over his own mother for a profit.

There's an attraction for me in this. I am currently giving this some very in-depth thought, myself.

I want to at least provide a reasonably accurate...product. That's harder than I thought. But, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have it soon enough.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

An Orgone zero point energy device?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

There's an attraction for me in this. I am currently giving this some very in-depth thought, myself.

What? Running over your own mother for a profit?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure she'd be ok with it...for ENOUGH profit.

I'm thinking about peddling. You know..."A ____ and his ______ soon are parted", fill in the blanks.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Gullibility is profitable. It always has been. Look at religion.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I'm thinking about peddling. You know..."A ____ and his ______ soon are parted", fill in the blanks.

Ive often thought about it...but id feel too bad. And id be too scared of being arrested.

Oh yeah, and i couldnt think of a product....

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Ive often thought about it...but id feel too bad. And id be too scared of being arrested.

A long time ago, we had a fake product web site for "Rad Guard 2000", which was, essentially, a lead block you bolted over your incoming power line to "filter out radioactive electricity".

It started off as a tongue in cheek joke, but we got a lot of complaints that there was no way to purchase it, so we added a sale page that pretended to be an order page, every time you got to the part where you put in the credit card data it would tell you the card verification was offline and try again later. We counted the people who tried to buy it.

It was...non-trivial.

We didn't do it then. But, you know, the older I get, and the more cynical, and the more ready to dump Kern County and go home, I've decided "# it".

# it, it is. However, I have enough integrity to at least want to present a good song and dance for the mark's money. That's not as easy as I had thought it might be. I'm learning a lot about contrails.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

$269 for 4oz of probiotic with algae and coriander

www.bioray.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I had thought of vitamin C pills relabeled as chemtrail detoxification pills. They would be beneficial to all the basement dwellers, keeping them from catching a "chem cold" and all. An e-commerce web site with a vendor to label and drop ship the product would be easy. And knowing that you were making all those kids in their mom's basement a little healthier would go easy on your continence. Just market them on sites like Wigginton's and rake in the cash. Offer a free t-shirt with every 10 bottles. Then you would be offering more than Dane does on his site.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Wasn't Orgone theory discredited back in the 50's when William Reich tried to use his giant orgone gun to protect the planet from flying saucer invasion? That was right before they threw him in the nuthouse.

William Reich Orgone Gun Flying Saucer Invasion

edit on 2-12-2015 by GrandCourtJester because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Dane Wigington to me is just a symptom of a bigger problem. The only reason why we all know who he is, is because there are enough people who believe and follow him. Apparently there are a whole bunch of people who distrust anything to do with authority or government. Now couple this with a fundamental lack of scientific knowledge of something like contrails and you can fill the void with the kind of stuff Dane comes up with.

As long as that's the case, Dane doesn't evenhave to actually come up with any scientific corroboration for his claims. Apparently it's enough to make it sound scientific (pseudoscience) and keep holding out the promise that the final breakthrough that nobody can avoid or deny is just around the corner.

I'd like to conclude with some quotes from Van Wigington, Dane's brother. His statements really put things into perspective:

I wanted to clarify that Dane, my brother who I see commented that my Mom and I have disowned him, misrepresents things on a very regular basis. Actually, my Mom just had a visit with Dane and his two children in Redding last week. My Mom still tries to maintain contact with Dane so she can have at least some contact with her grandchildren. I had a long life of interaction with my brother, and when he initially moved away from here where I live over 20 years ago, I used to call him most times a couple times a week to maintain keep up with our relationship, and I did this all the way up until January of 2012.

Then on my last visit with my brother on his property, he came up with this bizarre accounting of my time spent with him. It was so crazy/unreal that in one of my last emails I wrote that " I was concerned about his mental state ", this being because of his changing attitude, ideas and beliefs in so many unreal things as seen on his website, and also in other aspects of his life.

Dane is incapable of facing the truth of just how wrong he is on so many things. Of course as all of you know very well, he is fighting against, geoengineering, harp, etc, etc, things that do not exist. He was asked recently in one of his interviews, how long will you stay in this battle, and he said until I breath my last breath or the spraying is stopped.

He cannot be reached or woken up by all of the sensible and very logical information that you all provide here. It is Dane who seeks no contact with those who do not ardently share his beliefs. You all are quite familiar with how he does not allow any contrary viewpoints to be put at his site and his Facebook. And yet, you all allow contrary viewpoints here (metabunk, ed), as long as sensible guidelines of discussion are followed. This to me speaks volumes about just who is really in denial.

Another thing to, Dane will do character assassinations on anyone, family, friends and others when he decides you are no longer part of his world and beliefs. You saw this with Michael Murphy, once as stated by him to me as one of his best friends. Also more recently you saw how he did the same with Guy Mcpherson because Guy would not go along with Dane turning his Northern Cal talk into a meeting about Chemtrails. So I think you all can understand better now, how could I have any kind of meaningful relationship with someone who does these things.

When asked whether Dane's thing with Chemtrails was a result of a personal tragedy, Van wrote this:

Dane moved to Redding in 2000, from Kingman AZ where he lived for about 5 years. I had told Dane for many years about the Redding area and that I liked it from back in the 80's when I worked near there. In Kingman Dane was noticing pinions on his land dying because of the dry conditions.

Dane moved to Redding because of this concern of his about having access to water, and wishing to live in a wetter area. Back then chemtrails/geoengineering was not even on his radar. When he built his large off grid home in Redding, he noticed the decreased solar output of his system on cloudy days, and when he went on the internet to learn more about this, that is when he came across the info about chemtrails.

There was no personal tragedy during that time, at least none that I know of, and I was in regular/close contact with him during that period. Dane throughout his life has been obsessive about certain things. His obsession with chemtrails is an example of this. As far as betrayal, Dane feels I know betrayed by various people in his life. He will see my comments here, and will of course feel in his misguided way of thinking, betrayed by this. Dane speaks as if " truth " is held in the highest regard by him. And yet, he does not wish certain truths being expressed as related to himself. For example, the truth about his past experience, like, he is not an alternative energy expert, as he is cited at times.

And finally, here's a description of how Dane came to be a chemtrails activist:

When Dane saw the movie Avatar, at the time he expressed to me that it was the most moving and important film he had ever watched. He identified very much with the Jake character who through the course of the movie takes up the side of the native Navi against the human invaders plunder and destruction.

Dane clearly I could tell in his expressions desired that type of real life role for himself. Now, Dane has created these various beliefs within his mind of a world being decimated in all sorts of ways by the evil repercussions of worldwide chemtrail operations.

He considers it the most dire threat facing humanity above all others, and often says in his writings, if it cannot be stopped then nothing else matters. He is now Jake, fighting relentlessly the good fight to save humanity. Unfortunately all he is really doing is bringing fear into the lives of many people about things that don't exist. Its a sad thing that he is wasting his life and energy on this.

Quotes from this thread: www.metabunk.org...

I think that's very telling. In his own mind, Dane is saving humanity. I guess deleting a few comments containing facts that contradict his view is allright , since he's fighting for the greater good... in his mind anyway. That's usually how that works in the minds of deluded people.
edit on 1220152 by payt69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Offer a free t-shirt with every 10 bottles. Then you would be offering more than Dane does on his site.

I had also considered making a real product out of our second spoof - Gray Away and BlueBeGone, the only 100% organic herbal all-natural alien repellent sprays. Guaranteed to prevent abduction or your money back.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Guaranteed to prevent abduction or your money back.

Can you really afford to take that sort of risk on a guarantee?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: GrandCourtJester
a reply to: Chadwickus

Wasn't Orgone theory discredited back in the 50's when William Reich tried to use his giant orgone gun to protect the planet from flying saucer invasion? That was right before they threw him in the nuthouse.

William Reich Orgone Gun Flying Saucer Invasion

There are some ardent followers of Reich here. They claim their orgone blasters keep them free from chemtrails, unless the spraying is REALLY heavy that day.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

A long time ago, we had a fake product web site for "Rad Guard 2000", which was, essentially, a lead block you bolted over your incoming power line to "filter out radioactive electricity".

It started off as a tongue in cheek joke, but we got a lot of complaints that there was no way to purchase it, so we added a sale page that pretended to be an order page, every time you got to the part where you put in the credit card data it would tell you the card verification was offline and try again later. We counted the people who tried to buy it.

It was...non-trivial.

We didn't do it then. But, you know, the older I get, and the more cynical, and the more ready to dump Kern County and go home, I've decided "# it".

# it, it is. However, I have enough integrity to at least want to present a good song and dance for the mark's money. That's not as easy as I had thought it might be. I'm learning a lot about contrails.

That is insane mate

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: payt69
Dane Wigington to me is just a symptom of a bigger problem. The only reason why we all know who he is, is because there are enough people who believe and follow him. Apparently there are a whole bunch of people who distrust anything to do with authority or government. Now couple this with a fundamental lack of scientific knowledge of something like contrails and you can fill the void with the kind of stuff Dane comes up with.

As long as that's the case, Dane doesn't evenhave to actually come up with any scientific corroboration for his claims. Apparently it's enough to make it sound scientific (pseudoscience) and keep holding out the promise that the final breakthrough that nobody can avoid or deny is just around the corner.

I'd like to conclude with some quotes from Van Wigington, Dane's brother. His statements really put things into perspective:

I wanted to clarify that Dane, my brother who I see commented that my Mom and I have disowned him, misrepresents things on a very regular basis. Actually, my Mom just had a visit with Dane and his two children in Redding last week. My Mom still tries to maintain contact with Dane so she can have at least some contact with her grandchildren. I had a long life of interaction with my brother, and when he initially moved away from here where I live over 20 years ago, I used to call him most times a couple times a week to maintain keep up with our relationship, and I did this all the way up until January of 2012.

Then on my last visit with my brother on his property, he came up with this bizarre accounting of my time spent with him. It was so crazy/unreal that in one of my last emails I wrote that " I was concerned about his mental state ", this being because of his changing attitude, ideas and beliefs in so many unreal things as seen on his website, and also in other aspects of his life.

Dane is incapable of facing the truth of just how wrong he is on so many things. Of course as all of you know very well, he is fighting against, geoengineering, harp, etc, etc, things that do not exist. He was asked recently in one of his interviews, how long will you stay in this battle, and he said until I breath my last breath or the spraying is stopped.

He cannot be reached or woken up by all of the sensible and very logical information that you all provide here. It is Dane who seeks no contact with those who do not ardently share his beliefs. You all are quite familiar with how he does not allow any contrary viewpoints to be put at his site and his Facebook. And yet, you all allow contrary viewpoints here (metabunk, ed), as long as sensible guidelines of discussion are followed. This to me speaks volumes about just who is really in denial.

Another thing to, Dane will do character assassinations on anyone, family, friends and others when he decides you are no longer part of his world and beliefs. You saw this with Michael Murphy, once as stated by him to me as one of his best friends. Also more recently you saw how he did the same with Guy Mcpherson because Guy would not go along with Dane turning his Northern Cal talk into a meeting about Chemtrails. So I think you all can understand better now, how could I have any kind of meaningful relationship with someone who does these things.

When asked whether Dane's thing with Chemtrails was a result of a personal tragedy, Van wrote this:

Dane moved to Redding in 2000, from Kingman AZ where he lived for about 5 years. I had told Dane for many years about the Redding area and that I liked it from back in the 80's when I worked near there. In Kingman Dane was noticing pinions on his land dying because of the dry conditions.

Dane moved to Redding because of this concern of his about having access to water, and wishing to live in a wetter area. Back then chemtrails/geoengineering was not even on his radar. When he built his large off grid home in Redding, he noticed the decreased solar output of his system on cloudy days, and when he went on the internet to learn more about this, that is when he came across the info about chemtrails.

There was no personal tragedy during that time, at least none that I know of, and I was in regular/close contact with him during that period. Dane throughout his life has been obsessive about certain things. His obsession with chemtrails is an example of this. As far as betrayal, Dane feels I know betrayed by various people in his life. He will see my comments here, and will of course feel in his misguided way of thinking, betrayed by this. Dane speaks as if " truth " is held in the highest regard by him. And yet, he does not wish certain truths being expressed as related to himself. For example, the truth about his past experience, like, he is not an alternative energy expert, as he is cited at times.

And finally, here's a description of how Dane came to be a chemtrails activist:

When Dane saw the movie Avatar, at the time he expressed to me that it was the most moving and important film he had ever watched. He identified very much with the Jake character who through the course of the movie takes up the side of the native Navi against the human invaders plunder and destruction.

Dane clearly I could tell in his expressions desired that type of real life role for himself. Now, Dane has created these various beliefs within his mind of a world being decimated in all sorts of ways by the evil repercussions of worldwide chemtrail operations.

He considers it the most dire threat facing humanity above all others, and often says in his writings, if it cannot be stopped then nothing else matters. He is now Jake, fighting relentlessly the good fight to save humanity. Unfortunately all he is really doing is bringing fear into the lives of many people about things that don't exist. Its a sad thing that he is wasting his life and energy on this.

Quotes from this thread: www.metabunk.org...

I think that's very telling. In his own mind, Dane is saving humanity. I guess deleting a few comments containing facts that contradict his view is allright , since he's fighting for the greater good... in his mind anyway. That's usually how that works in the minds of deluded people.

OK, assuming these are accounts are genuine (i dont doubt they are), that is, as yo say very telling and paints a very different image of the man than i had by watching his videos and perusing his website.

im not expert, but there seems to be shades of mental illness here?

I almost feel bad about what i wrote about him.

Thanks for posting those, very interesting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join