It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqis think the U.S. is in cahoots with the Islamic State, and it is hurting the war

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Meh.

The same group that deposed Ghaddaffi in Libya moved down to Somalia then up through Yemen, through Saudi Arabia, to Syria. The other part of that group went through Egypt and Turkey. The whole time they were supported by NATO/US/SAUDI/ISRAEL/TURKEY.

We can all believe what we want but unless we have eyes and ears everywhere on the ground we can either believe what we read in the news or try and figure out the situation ourselves.

I'm glad you take comfort in reading and believing mainstream media. Good on you bro.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

But see that's where your wrong, I do not believe everything the mainstream media says. I am well aware seriptious activity occurs and have no moral quandrie. However, having said that I also know stupid # occurs and that stupid # is a reasonable explaination for the majority of happenings and no deep dark omnipresent nefarious force required.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

So you are saying it is by mere coincidence that the groups supported by US/NATO in Libya decided to move over to Syria to depose Assad, and that the deposing of both leaders isn't in the interests of US/NATO?

And I suppose you are saying that the tactics employed by US/UK in Iran in 1953 and in Syria in 1957 wouldn't possibly be used nowadays to further western interests in the very same regions?

Wonderful! Let me go check outside for the rainbows, unicorns and flying pigs. (ok, so I do risk seeing a police chopper if I go outside right now)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

Is that a rainbow and unicorn world I am painting? Actually I think the world I am painting is a much scarier world then the one you paint, that indeed when flushing the toilet and # flys up and hits you that some nefarious force wasn't behind it, that when a group of school children are trapped in a raging fire no god turned a blind eye no evil force perpetrated it, and then when we speak of groups of people's all with different agendas the situations get even more complicated, they are not seamless and certainly not all pervasive. My world is a much scarier place than yours in my world people don't get what they deserve and you truly are alone.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeyy

ISIS has been around since the 90's, there was no break away faction. There are many factions in Syria, the key ones being the FSA, Al Nusra, ISIS and the Syrian armed forces. The FSA are the ones Obama armed and trained, but that didn't work out so well.

It's a convoluted mess, Assad's forces often turned a blind eye when it came to ISIS, as they were successfully dealing with the FSA. Despite being 'moderate' the FSA have also teamed up with Al Nusra to hold lines against ISIS.

Also, Obama didn't need to stage an uprising, it happened all by itself in multiple middle east countries, like Egypt and Libya. Syria has been in turmoil for a long time.

Don't forget the likes of Russia either, they've been entrenched with Syria for a long time, wielding their influence on the down low.

Oh and Iran, they took in a whole bunch of top Al Queda guys who went on to join ISIS when the US went in to Afghanistan, Iran let them stay as long as they didn't carry out terrorist attacks in Iran...

But yeah, Obama caused all this.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

If Syria was successfully dealing with the groups Russia would not be in syria attacking the groups except for isis.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

it can be difficult for a state like Syria to deal with these problems internally for the following reasons:

• A crumbling infrastructure and collapsing institutions (due to war) to continue producing weapons and soldiers to defend the homeland
  • The fact that the enemy is consistently replenishing its ranks with foreign fighters
  • An unlimited printing press by large foreign powers which keep the terrorist networks funded
  • The fact that many Iraqi citizens, ministers, commanders in the military and other political figures continue to complains about aid drops directly to the enemy by American and UK planes/helicopters

There are NO MODERATE REBELS IN SYRIA. Not really sure how many times people can believe the same lie for perpetuated by the Pentagon for the last 70 years. Latin America was victim of this between WW2 and the internet age. "our rebels are the good guys" is just easy to see not true anymore now with instant communication and video evidence of atrocities that was always suppressed before the internet age.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join