It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqis think the U.S. is in cahoots with the Islamic State, and it is hurting the war

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

BAIJI, Iraq — On the front lines of the battle against the Islamic State, suspicion of the United States runs deep. Iraqi fighters say they have all seen the videos purportedly showing U.S. helicopters airdropping weapons to the militants, and many claim they have friends and relatives who have witnessed similar instances of collusion.

“It is not in doubt,” said Mustafa Saadi, who says his friend saw U.S. helicopters delivering bottled water to Islamic State positions. He is a commander in one of the Shiite militias that last month helped push the militants out of the oil refinery near Baiji in northern Iraq alongside the Iraqi army.

The Islamic State is “almost finished,” he said. “They are weak. If only America would stop supporting them, we could defeat them in days.”

Iraqis think the U.S. is in cahoots with the Islamic State, and it is hurting the war

Well we have all been speculating, based mostly on the repeated history of the CIA and previous White House administrations actions in foreign policy, that daesh has been receiving some kind of support from a larger power to maintain its momentum. Every week there are new allegations. The Iraqi's have been saying it since last year, and clearly someone finally is starting to listen if American media is actually humoring the allegations and discussing it in a report.

However, the pentagon simply accuses of Iran being behind this propaganda as a way to gain influence over Iraqi politics. There is plenty of research publicly available for anyone wanting to draw their own conclusions. It should be interesting to see how White House press will respond to these allegations, since they will probably brought up in the morning now that Washington post is actually entertaining the thought, and thousands of angry readers will be sharing it out tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

It should be interesting to see how White House press will respond to these allegations, since they will probably brought up in the morning now that Washington post is actually entertaining the thought, and thousands of angry readers will be sharing it out tomorrow.

Sadly those are just eye witness accounts, and the official response to be expected would mostly likely go along the lines of:

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

But really, if this people say so than I have no reason to not agree with them since it only agrees to what we already know about US involvement.

Heck, it's a fact that ISIS are using US made arms...if you trace how that ended up with ISIS was either through the US trained rebels and or the USA dropping of arms in ISIS infested areas.

edit on 2-12-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Is this what Obama meant when I overheard him say....and I quote.."..OH crap....Michelle.....They're on to us...."....

he he.

edit on 2-12-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 2-12-2015 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
OP -

Is there any particular reason you left out an entire paragraph from the middle of what you posted?

Ordinary people also have seen the videos, heard the stories and reached the same conclusion — one that might seem absurd to Americans but is widely believed among Iraqis — that the United States is supporting the Islamic State for a variety of pernicious reasons that have to do with asserting U.S. control over Iraq, the wider Middle East and, perhaps, its oil.

edit on 2-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

The truth of this is beyond obvious.

If I was an Iraqi I would not hesitate to believe this to be true, I am pretty sure that the benevolence of America's intentions went out the window when we began dropping depleted uranium and enriched uranium.

As an American, I can categorically state that my countries psychopathic government has been hijacked by pure evil, evil that has used our military to create an empire, funded our "enemies" and systematically destroyed the country from within.

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amWednesday3 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
I just opened up with the most relevant little chunk pertaining directly to the headline and throwed in some of my mild analysis.. The rest is for everyone else to read and research. I am just getting it out there early. Now that you mention it though...

you just helped me piece something thats been on my mind I had forgotten about.
When the Chinese secured many of the oil contracts after the removal of Iraq's former ruler you bet I was upset, so no doubt should have been the energy industry here and the Pentagon generals. After all to sacrifice so much and not reap the bulk of the benefits is a very upsetting thing to those who lost family and friends, as if in vain.

I now present two plausible scenarios to help me explain it

A:] We was like 'shiiiitt forget that man we aint going to do all that work and sacrifice and then let the Communists get it all' . And then a plan was hatched to experiment with a way to smuggle the oil out through Turkey, kind of like what is now being documented day by day now.

-or-

B:] China was in on it the whole time, and is why they are remaining quiet now. I dont hear much coming out of China about any of their interests being harassed or threatened, save for the Chinese national that was recently executed (or not). If daesh is stealing oil, and Chinese secured many of the projects, I would think maybe something would be in range.

Very fishy here, this can of worms smells like.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I don't understand why any Iraqi would talk with the US or trust them at all.

2-4 million Iraqi's death since the war after 9-11, and another million with sanctions before that, most of the country in ruins and so on...

And yes the US gov/military shouldn't be trusted at all by any country that is if they are a little smart.

edit on 2-12-2015 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

That little cartoon is about as succinct as one needs to be in describing the current events of the middle east.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Succinct?

Hmm no...

Let me lay the scenario out. The US were in Iraq, well and truly embedded. They pull out and then they create ISIS to go back in?

Yeah, no.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

that is the prevailing logic and its interesting that folks do not understand how silly that sounds how impractical that is. However, it plays to a world view that greater powers are always involved so if i am to believe a dark nefarious and ever persuasive force is guiding the world, than in the reverse a all powerful and good force is working from within. Silver linings, many agendas are met by this world view however upon closer inspection choices are not made in such a way, and often times you find yourself in a position of leadership wondering what is the right choice vs the good choice, you may have a train track where 5 people are trapped but if you pull the lever, on the opposite track one person will die, so what do you do? Moral quagmires; the thing is those in positions of power can never be right, and because of that its easy for us to sit here and hate them and say how much better we would have done.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Succinct?

Hmm no...

Let me lay the scenario out. The US were in Iraq, well and truly embedded. They pull out and then they create ISIS to go back in?

Yeah, no.

Well, to be fair, those leaflets where dropped in Syria, not Iraq - Syria is where the US was not embedded but was desperate to get into and bomb, remove Assad and install their own puppet regime' - we all remember Senator Kerry coming onto the propaganda platforms asking the global community to free the crap out of Assad because Assad just used *cough* chemical weapons against his own people *cough*.

And although I acknowledge, as per the other thread, that ISIS was created before that clusterflux, in my opinion, the US and other western interests saw an opportunity to enhance ISIS because they both wanted Assad out, so, you know, the enemy of my enemy is my friend etc.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Let me help you understand the scenario a little bit more by pointing you to a man who was in the first Iraq war and his perspective.

It may help you see the bigger picture! This also ties into the succinct part of the cartoon... the Israeli hand turning the american crank

Edit to add

A great thread form good old ATS about greater Isreal, note the questions the OP presents

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amWednesday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

But at the same time, Assad let ISIS do its thing against the likes of the FSA, because the enemy of my enemy is my friend..

I get a bit exasperated over the ridiculously narrow view so many have when they say US created ISIS.

The real situation is so much more convoluted...as you know.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
BETTER:

Iraqis think the OBAMA is in cahoots with the Islamic State, and it is hurting the war

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

But at the same time, Assad let ISIS do its thing against the likes of the FSA, because the enemy of my enemy is my friend..

I get a bit exasperated over the ridiculously narrow view so many have when they say US created ISIS.

The real situation is so much more convoluted...as you know.

I too get a bit exasperated, but for different reasons. I get exasperated when so many of my fellow citizens believe a single story put out by the pentagon and the government. How can so many people believe the statements of habitual liars?

Clearly we committed military aggression against Iraq, under fraud. 14 years later that is so very apparent, yet some people still believe we were acting from noble intentions.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Succinct?

Hmm no...

Yeah, no.

I thought the consensus was that Obama inadvertently created ISIS. Obama was hell bent on Syria and taking out Pro Russian leader Assad.

Obama armed and staged an uprising in Syria to seize control, Using this new found equipment and support, some of the Militia broke away to become ISIS. The rest is history.

Where else did ISIS come from?

Whether this was the plan or an accident that's up for debate

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
good thing the Iraqi army abandoning and running away by the thousands in defense of their own country, didn't have anything to do with it.....it's all Americas fault...riiiiight.....can we change "deny ignorance"....to "embrace the stupid"

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

ISIS was created in Iraq to facilitate destabilisation of Syria.....

Nice try at denial but ultimately a fail.

edit on 2-12-2015 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

The rain falls so that we can exist, the planet is positioned in such a way to facilitate our lives. You know with this line of thinking we might as well say the big bang was all for us. Also everyone gets what they deserve, is that the reality you live in? That's not the reality I live in, cool story though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join