It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another story fabricated by Black Lives Matter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Evil_Santa

You'll never hear me say that racism is restricted to one race or another, in fact, I state quite often that we are all racist to greater or lesser degrees, and some of us work to restrict the impact of that racism on others, and some don't.

Clear perpetrators and victims AFTER last Monday ... before that, the shooters were being presented as a group of poor white boys just out for a stroll minding their own business when a BLM mob descended on them merely for being White.

It's a matter of perception ... that's the point. Just because you don't perceive racism, doesn't mean that it's absent, and conversely, just because I perceive it, doesn't mean it exists.

But actions speak louder than words.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: scorpio84

1. On the contrary ...

Preventing Black Crime (30th Anniversary Conference)

About Us
The National Conference on Preventing Crime in the Black Community grew out of a partnership between Florida Office of the Attorney General and the Florida Consortium of Urban Leagues Affiliates in 1986 to address Black-on-Black crime. This partnership was the predecessor of the Black-on-Black and Youth Crime Prevention and Intervention grant programs administered today by Florida’s seven Urban League Affiliates and Derrick Brooks Charities

and speaking of the National Urban League ...

The National Urban League is a historic civil rights organization dedicated to economic empowerment in order to elevate the standard of living in historically underserved urban communities. Founded in 1910 and headquartered in New York City, the National Urban League spearheads the efforts of its local affiliates through the development of programs, public policy research and advocacy. Today, the National Urban League has 95 affiliates serving 300 communities, in 35 states and the District of Columbia, providing direct services that impact and improve the lives of more than 2 million people nationwide.

Etc.

2 . I'm saying the shoe doesn't fit ... but you're only expressing your opinion about BLM with no backup. There's nothing "victim based" about raising awareness of critical social issues. Care to take a whack at proving that there are no vigilante actions directed at Black Americans? How about proving that Law Enforcement doesn't target Blacks, or that there aren't case after case of unarmed Black men being shot by police? I'll be glad to review your evidence.

3 . Now you're listing what you consider the "failures" of the Black community not just BLM.

Is White crime is at zero? Are there no White on White shootings? Are Drug and alcohol addiction absent in White communities or less prevalent than in Black ones., etc. etc. ?

4 . Who are you to say what constitutes the need for a movement? Not to mention that's not the basis of the movement, merely the instigation or initiation. Why does BLM threaten you? How does it affect your daily life?

5 . As far as your last question, perhaps you could ask Laquan McDonald ... except for the sixteen bullets put into his body of course.
edit on 2-12-2015 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Never said i don't perceive racism, in fact if you read my previous reply, i'm from Minnesota and have been subjected to racism, as well as seen it. I left a job after a couple of days because my first day on the job, while going out to lunch, someone thought that being outside the office was good enough to drop a joke where the punchline was the n-word.

The Yale baby lab did a great job at showing that racism shows up even in babies, that there's a natural preference for one's own skin color. I agree with you that racism still exists everywhere. Yet, still look at things that are presented as:

"Someone, somewhere, heard something - that sounded racist"

Ambigious incidents are a useful tool for gaining support, and one BLM supporter knew this, attempted to use it to build support for the movement and was busted. That doesn't mean everything else that's been reported has been falsified by supporters, nor does it mean that nothing else has been falsified by supporters.

People (regardless of skin color) can be liars and will lie in self interest.
edit on 2-12-2015 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Evil_Santa

Everybody lies?

Yes. I can't disagree with that.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

This type of stupid is not uncommon. Just a few months ago a Jewish student did a similar thing at her college but you don't see people jumping down the throats of all Jews.

dailycaller.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Secondly...

One pathetic little runt does not represent, nor set the boundaries for any collective group of people...

No star.

Kewl, I'll keep that in mind the next time "One pathetic little runt" does something like shoot up a church in Charleston SC or something.

It's OK to be a bleeding heart liberal Chuckers, but be sure you are consistent.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Yea more fake outrage about more fake outrage, im so happy we get to see more outrage at someone saying something dumb.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

We find yet another case of a fake outrage[/url] manufactured by the BLM movement in an attempt to fuel their own hatred and garner sympathy.

I wish it were that simple. I see it as finding yet another case of fake racism and threats of violence manufactured by the PTB behind the BLM in an attempt to fuel their own power and divide and conquer. Why? Because they know it works so well... even if/when the lie is found out, we'll just hate the face in front... and completely ignore the faces behind.

Divide and conquer. Works every time.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Yea more fake outrage about more fake outrage, im so happy we get to see more outrage at someone saying something dumb.

No doubt, we should hide these kinds of stories since they make some people uncomfortable.

It's disgusting how the news puts this kind of story out. facts and all, blah!

I for one, am just glad that most here were able to contain their obvious outrage. Kudos to the few.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The rhetoric of American right-wing politics is that we are "post-racial" which, by and large, is a big tub of crap.

While I think that most Americans do live their lives in a vastly post-racial way, I agree with your point, because every night on any news station there will be something that discusses race in one way or another.

There is a "White Lives Matter" movement ... it's called American society.

And then you negate your credibility with this.

If you haven't, why don't you go read a bit on what the movement actually stands for, rather than going with media reports?

You may be surprised.

But the problem lies in the reality that organizations claim a lot of things, but it's their actions that matter. While much of, if not most, of the BLM movement is peaceful and asserts their position on issues lawfully and effectively, the reality is that it really does only take a few bad apples to ruin it for the group.

The Tea Party and libertarians are good examples of a similar case of stereotyping via ignorance, but the reality is that a few bad apples certainly do ruin it for the many.

The problem is when said organizations don't come out emphatically against the bad apples--if they want better PR, post a blacklist (no pun intended) of negative people and actions that have been done in their name on their homepage for everyone to see. If they know that there is a bad PR problem, do what you can to fix it. But instead, you see things like this on their homepage:

It's inflammatory, implies that all deaths at the hands of LEOs is murder, and cites no source for the claimed statistic. Anyone who has critical-thinking skills understands the tactic being used there--and it's not just BLM, but since that's the subject of this thread, it is the example.

All my point concerns is that any group can claim anything that they want to, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a different goal existing behind the curtain, or that the tactics used to achieve an honorable goal can't be dishonorable in themselves. So, while I agree that stereotyping/generalizing a group by just a few individuals is a bad policy, so is generalizing a group based only on stated goals without seeing the whole picture for what it is.

The truth is that the BLM movement or individuals claiming to be a part of the group has/have used (and apparently is/are using) questionable tactics in order to get their point across, and it's okay to point those instances out in order to get a broader picture of the organization, but it absolutely is unfair to use only those instances as a way to judge the group as a whole.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

There is no way that any person can look at a day's news stories in this country at any point in the two decades and claim that we are, as a culture, "post-racial" i.e. that we are mostly free of racist issues. It is and has been a part of our politics, news cycles, etc. I won't debate that with you, because it seems obvious.

The fact that you disagree with my statement doesn't "negate my credibility." Whether you agree that American society is and has been organized around a specific racial hierarchy, you simply cannot debate sheer numbers ... the majority race in this country is and has been White, White people are (and have been) in control of governments, industry, the legal system, etc. There is disparity in orders of magnitude between Whites and every other racial group in America. '

You note that BLM is mostly peaceful and productive; we agree on that.

I've seen the arguments about internal policing of political and social groups before ... and while it has validity, this argument is very inequitably applied.

No, there's no way to determine what "hidden agenda" any individual, group, government, religion, or Bridge club might be hiding, because, after all, they're hiding it.

If I were like you, trying to assign credibility, you'd have lost it after you admit the BLM movement at large is peaceful and productive, and then you cite the movement (or the weasel-worded phrase "or individuals claiming to be part of the group") for questionable tactics. I, on the other hand, realize we simply have a difference of opinion on the matter, and that you're employing a rhetorical device. LOL.

Sure, it's okay to "point things out" but you know as well as I do that's not what generally happens around here in regard to BLM, although I absolutely agree with your final statement.

TL;DR - You make some good points; we do have a difference of opinion.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: scorpio84

Keep up the good work.

What is the deal with the BLM movement anyways? Can anyone here imagine if there was a white lives matter movement? I imagine it would be seen with the same disgust as a white pride parade (though, black pride parades are just fine, aren't they, America?) Who kills the most blacks? If you guessed "other black people," you would be absolutely correct. Racism exists. Black people have been killed by white people.
Yes, the police overstep their bounds sometimes - I'm a white male and I got harassed by police even though I was near my university - so claims of racism are not always true.

The point of the BLM movement has nothing to do with other lives NOT mattering. We all know that all lives really matter.

The BLM movement is due to, historically, Black lives not mattering in comparison. There is definitely an issue with police discrimination towards blacks.

This doesn't mean that black cops don't kill whites, etc. This doesn't mean that Blacks don't kill whites, that just isn't true.

Don't let some idiots that associate themselves with the BLM movement discredit the legitimacy of the movement itself.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm sure you already keep it in mind when people make Freemason threads. Eh?

I'm not a liberal either.
And I am consistent. I hope.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
#BlackLiesMatter

Shame.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: scorpio84

Hardly a word gets said about Blacks killing Whites? Really? It comes up in EVERY SINGLE CONVERSATION ABOUT RACE HERE.

Black on Black crime is a recognized issue and different parts of the Black community are addressing it.

@the first comment: You're right, we bring it up, here on ATS, in the dark corner of the internet. How many people regularly frequent this forum (or the topics in it?) I'd venture to guess it's maybe 200, hardly a significant audience. What's at issue isn't us bringing it up, I think it's more the lack of the media bringing it up. By the numbers, there are literally 4x as many Black on white murders as White on Black, somehow ,despite the fact that Whites make up 5 times the population of Blacks as a whole. How is that not recognized as a serious issue in the mainstream. My other topic specifically addresses that disgusting disparity. Whites, plain and simple, are directly victimized more often by Blacks than the other way around, despite a massive population "advantage" But I'm sure none of those are hate crimes, or very few. . . . But that in itself is another topic for another day.

@your second comment: Maybe I don't see it because I no longer live in a majority black city like I once did, but I don't see "enough" of this preaching of non violence. Put simply and I mean no offense, but leaders in the African American community seem like they are very reluctant to call out the gang and criminal culture that has manifested itself in the Black community at large. It's always the poverty, access to guns, poor schools, etc and while those are issues that need addressing (I don't deny that) those things should not be an excuse for the types of crime seen in those communities.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

BLM are their own worst enemies!

-First they set businesses on fire.
-Threatened police and some have killed police officers in the name of BLM
-They've been caught intimidating white bystanders.
-They disrupted Bernie Sanders address and bullied themselves on stage and took over the microphone.
-They wanted to exclude white people from protesting along with them.
-They ignore the high rate of black on black violence in their own neighborhoods
-Now they're calling in false threats

Their first mistake was to label their protest as Black Lives Matter instead of All Lives Matter. Other races have also been subject to police brutality and have been unarmed when killed by police. Sure, there may be more blacks who have been killed unjustly by police. However, when they label their protest for the public to focus only on blacks who have lost their lives by police they're segregating themselves!

There's strength in numbers, but when they seclude a majority of the public, and act out with violence and false accusations, they're shooting themselves in the foot.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
You know what I really don't understand?

How a university educated person can not be aware of how quickly current law enforcement can track digital communications...

Talk about not getting what you paid for...

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Damn and Kayla-Simone was at the top of my list as names if I had a girl, I guess not now...

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The National Conference on Preventing Crime in the Black Community

I didn't say they were non-existent. I looked into it and found this (based on their stated attendance from 2014). Now, the figures aren't exact, but it is close (population comes from 2010 census). If you assume that all the attendees in 2014 were black and divide that by the number of blacks in Jacksonville (location of venue), you get an amazing half of 1% attendance - just in Jacksonville. I never argued that all blacks are playing the blame game - just like not all black people would agree with the BLM movement.

When you have a major event that attracts half of one percent of your community, then congrads- you've shown the exception, not the rule.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that whites commit crimes, too - but the whole notion of blacks being unfairly targeted is a bit far-fetched.

Care to take a whack at proving that there are no vigilante actions directed at Black Americans?

Not really, because it wouldn't disprove my claim. I'm also not in the position to know if an individual in Buttcreek, Alabama is deciding to mount a one-man offensive against BLM (no offense, Alabamans). Targeting blacks? Maybe you need to realize that law enforcement is simple targeting Americans.

case after case of unarmed Black men being shot by police?

Since I'm not going to spend my time going over the case files of how every many (about 100 this year I think) unarmed blacks have been killed - maybe you have a few names in mind. Unarmed does not mean not a threat.

Is White crime is at zero? Are there no White on White shootings? Are Drug and alcohol addiction absent in White communities or less prevalent than in Black ones., etc. etc. ?

Of course not - but what is less prevalent is broken homes, premature death, dropping out of school, etc. Argue this all you want, but here's a fact that you can find based on simple observation...better yet, which of these cities is doing better:

Detroit, MI (over 82% black)
or

Virgina Beach, VA (about 68% white)?

Ah, that's right...Detroit is in the can, has the highest violent crime rate in America. Ever been to an all-black neighborhood? I doubt it, because if you had, you wouldn't be able to defend it. Now, I've been to seem shabby all-white areas, too..basically an all black neighborhood and a trailer park full of hicks will have about the same amount of manners and cleanliness. There's one difference, though. Rednecks aren't starting a movement to blame others for their shortcomings.

Who are you to say what constitutes the need for a movement?

I will criticize anything and anyone I damn well please. I was not aware there is a particular certificate needed for criticizing things. BLM is public - they are open to scrutiny. So, who am I? I'm an American is all that matters.

Why does BLM threaten you? How does it affect your daily life?

It doesn't. My life wouldn't even be threated if the US got nuked considering I currently live on the other side of the planet. However, I don't limit the scope of my "giving a crap" to just myself. What BLM threatens to do is undermine everything we've gained in race relations.

Now, I'll give you something to think (or not) about:

This whole thing about unarmed blacks being killed is nothing new - it's just what is hot for the media to report right now. This has sparked an outrage among blacks that for some reason wasn't there before. I have not seen white/black animosity like this since the 1990s, post-Rodney King and now, just as then, it is driven by MSM. Why do blacks think the whites hold them down? Simple - they are told so on the news (if not explicitly, then implicitly). You may hear a black man say he didn't get a job b/c he was black, but sometimes there are other factors - such as going in unshaven or with a torn shirt. Maybe there was a jelly stain on the pants. Possibly he smelled of booze. Now, I was going to make a point about them not caring about education, but upon seeing a stat, I think that was just personal experience and I want to avoid committing an ecological fallacy. Still, I'll be fair and give the hi gh school drop out rate. That just goes more to prove my overall theory of blacks not being held down.

This BLM movement is the next step towards a race war (still not sure that would actually happen). It is pointless, directs blame where it doesn't belong, and creates as much hate as (if not more than) what it claims to be against.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I'm not sure if you would be interested or not, but perhaps we could get a debate organized in the debate forum? I would argue that the supposed bias against blacks is largely fabricated and you could argue the opposite?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join