It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American man forced into joblessness and homelessness because

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Something similar happened to my little bro. My parents were arguing and my bros birth certificate doesn't match his social security card. One has a middle name and one doesn't. So when he went to renew his license the woman decided he didn't have a middle name.

No biggie right? Until you realize my gramps , my Dad, my bro , and my nephew all have the same name. NOW he has to legally change his name because from some stroke of irony he and my dads birth year are reverse. So there's no way to distingish who he is on paper. He can't even check his own credit.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

Something similar happened to my little bro. My parents were arguing and my bros birth certificate doesn't match his social security card. One has a middle name and one doesn't. So when he went to renew his license the woman decided he didn't have a middle name.

No biggie right? Until you realize my gramps , my Dad, my bro , and my nephew all have the same name. NOW he has to legally change his name because from some stroke of irony he and my dads birth year are reverse. So there's no way to distingish who he is on paper. He can't even check his own credit.

That is about the mess I will make if I let them put the name on my birth certificate on my license.

It will essentially be useless as an ID. I will either have to get a legal name change from my married name, back to my maiden name, or apply for a name change for every bank card, credit card, professional license, and any other legal document I possess.

If I have to do a legal name change, I am going to change my name to Amerika Isha Nomoree.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I think you need a lawyer too. From what I understand the MD MVA caused this problem for my bro and take no responsibility. I wish you lots of luck and suggest you make friends with whoever can help you with this.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
On the subject of my son being able to stay with me. Firstly he is now staying with a friend. Thank God. I offered him my car. I do not live in public housing. I live in a house with a roommate. We had agreed upon our arrangement, no drama. I cannot ask to bring another person in our house. It's hard to explain but it is out of respect I don't even bring it up. I can only imagine how off this sounds. Not knowing me nor my family. It's all too long of a story and I won't even attempt to put it out here. I have always done what some say is too much for my kids. My son is not perfect. He has his issues like we all do. But the ID issue is not happening because he did anything wrong. But he came by yesterday and told me his friend is letting him couch surf. He is going to take any cash work he can get at the moment and I hope he gets everything straight. I will drive him anywhere he needs and have him in for lunch or dinner as he needs. I love him. He will get it back together. One of his problems is he ignored this issue too long while things were good. Now it's that much harder to get it done. And we have called and read every word on the website for IDs and SS cards. It's not like I just wrote this because I wanted someone to do the work for us. We have been round and round with this. I got him a bunch of numbers to call to try to get help. I am hopeful.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join