It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American man forced into joblessness and homelessness because

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
My 20 year old son has been forced into joblessness and homelessness. I have tried all I can to help him. Here's the story. Any help or info would be appreciated more than I could ever state.

My son has never had an ID or DL. He had a birth certificate and SS card. He lost the SS card. His job he has had for over a year had requested he get a photo ID. He tried many different ways to get the paperwork needed to get his ID. He hasn't been in school for years and hasn't had need to visit a Dr in many years.
Apparently to get an ID you need a SS card. To get a SS card you need an ID. I gave him his old school photo ID and the hospital birth certificate. The one with his little newborn feet prints. He paid to get certified school records from high school. They will not accept any of these papers along with his birth certificate.
His job let him go because he could not prove his age. In turn he couldn't pay bills. He is homeless. On the streets. I am at a loss at what to do. He is a damn good person. Hard worker, not on any drugs or alcohol. How can this happen in this country?
The documents required to get an ID with a birth certificate are impossible to get without an ID!!!!!
Here we have a hard working American on the streets because he can't get an ID. I am so disgusted.

This is my first writing here give me a little break of it is not the best. I am desperate to help him. Any ideas are welcome.
edit on 1/12/2015 by SHABBYCAT because: Hit a wrong button.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Sounds like the title of a news article....saying something to entice interest/curiosity and also. Your post does not show for me. Rather this:

NOTICE: AboveTopSecret.com management is now enforcing new standards for the opening posts of threads.

Opening posts that contain minimal content, links with little or no explanation, YouTube videos with no commentary, images with little or no commentary, and similar nominal content may be removed without warning or explanation. If your topic is important to you, make sure you explain why, with links and supporting material so that our members may offer more relevant contributions, and ultimately, better threads. In fact, if you have less to say than this simple notice, then you probably do not have enough to start a new thread. Thank you for your assistance in helping to create great threads on ATS.

When you click this form-field, this message will disappear.
edit on 1-12-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
OP changed his post so my humor is now irrelevant.
edit on 1-12-2015 by Passerby1996 because: irrelevance

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SHABBYCAT

American man forced into joblessness and homelessness because... he got drunk as a skunk everyday and had a hangover so bad that he called in sick to work at least 3 times in one week. He also stole stuff out of the cooler and took it home to eat.
He also got arrested for DUI and had his car impounded and didn't have enough money to take the bus to work because he spent all his money on wine, weed and pills.

That description was of me as a young man, until I decided to get sober.

Care to tell us your story?
edit on 1-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Passerby1996
No, it's an error. And if you don't like the site, why have you joined it exactly?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

irrelevant humorous post.

edit on 1-12-2015 by Passerby1996 because: irrelevant

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm not sure where there are any signs of sarcasm...Frankly for someone to be serious saying that on this site wouldn't be shocking so be more explicit with your sarcasm.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

American man forced into joblessness and homelessness because... he got drunk as a skunk everyday and had a hangover so bad that he called in sick to work at least 3 times in one week. He also stole stuff out of the cooler and took it home to eat.
He also got arrested for DUI and had his car impounded and didn't have enough money to take the bus to work because he spent all his money on wine, weed and pills.

I made a mistake and hit a button and it posted before I wrote. I apologize. I have never had the nerve to author a post. I am just really trying to find a way to help my son.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Has he been arrested? Perhaps you can prove he is he to get the social security from a police record

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Has he been arrested? Perhaps you can prove he is he to get the social security from a police record

He has Never been arrested.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Well ... I'm not sure why someone would think this thread isn't some kind of error. And for some reason sarcastic remarks such as mine weren't expected in the first place.

Reading between the lines is important, friend. But fine ... from now on whenever I'm being sarcastic I'll whip out the giant neon sign I carry around that says "SARCASM" up in lights. Also, in posts, I'll make sure to make it blatantly obvious when I'm being sarcastic with a MASSIVE "Sarcasm" below my sarcastic remark. Oh ... I almost forgot:

Sarcasm

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SHABBYCAT

originally posted by: olaru12

I made a mistake and hit a button and it posted before I wrote. I apologize. I have never had the nerve to author a post. I am just really trying to find a way to help my son.

I understand; sorry if I came across snarky. Starting a thread can be intimidating....
Tell us about your son....

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This is in the "Rant" section .And the OP looks OK to me (for a Rant)

To the OP
Welcome to the new America. I am a good bit older than 20...I have lived my entire life in this country. I can trace a good chunk of my lineage to being Native American. However , at one time I had to prove my citizenship the exact same way. I forget the name of the "act" that brought this into being. I had worked (at that time) for this company for nearly 20 years . When I got a job there , not only did I have to prove citizenship (they do business with local , state , and federal governments) but I went through a "background history". And I was ex-military .Now , 20 years later , I had to prove it again

Our ridiculous government in action yet again....

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Hospital records

Church records

www.socialsecurity.gov...

None of that?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Sorry about making fun of your thread, friend. We don't get a lot of opportunities here to let out our humor.

I suggest looking around at the FAQ's available to make sure this doesn't happen again. If it's a glitch, try and post something on the help boards asking for assistance.

From what it looks like, you actually have something quite serious to say. Again, sorry about the lack of seriousness.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
No, it's an error. And if you don't like the site, why have you joined it exactly?

No , if you do not have anything of relevance to add to this thread , move along and let the mods handle it...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Hospital records

Church records

Can't get it without photo ID. Believe Me we tried. It's just insanity. I called SS office. They told me he is sol. So we quit trying to get the SS card. Started focusing on the ID. But Dang it's crazy. I just don't get it. I even have him this card his school gave me when he was in elementary. It's made incase your child gets kidnapped. It has all his info and a finger print. Still no dice.

None of that?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Use the BC to get a SS card. Oops, had that backward.- Use the BC to get a DL and use both to get the SS card. Keep and use his pay check stubs as proof of residence. He can use your address as his "permanent residence" and just say he recently moved. How did he get to 20 without a DL or some form of picture ID?

We can accept only certain documents as proof of identity. An acceptable document must be current (not expired) and show your name, identifying information (date of birth or age) and preferably a recent photograph. For example, as proof of identity Social Security must see your:

U.S. driver's license;
State-issued non-driver identification card; or
U.S. passport.
If you do not have one of these specific documents or you cannot get a replacement for one of them within 10 days, we will ask to see other documents, including:

Employee identification card;
School identification card;
Health insurance card (not a Medicare card); or
U.S. military identification card.

edit on 1-12-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

Getting a Texas DL seems to be pretty simple.

www.dps.texas.gov...

Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a State Bureau of Vital Statistics or equivalent agency from a U.S. state, U.S. territory, the District of Columbia or a Canadian province

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
I do as I please. Thank you. Good day.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join