It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a white man.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I am a white man. I will not apologize for being being born white or for being male. I am not responsible for your station in life. I am not responsible for the past enslavement of anyone. I am not responsible for the past/present/future oppression of anyone. I am not responsible for the actions of other white men in the same way that I am not responsible for the actions of non-white/non-male folks. I am not the reason you are poor. I am not the reason you feel victimized.

I am not privileged because I am white
I am not rich because I am white
I am not racist because I am white
etc

I grew up very poor. My parents both worked very hard to provide for me and my siblings. There were many weeks where bread milk and sugar was breakfast, a can of chicken noodle soup or top ramen was lunch, and deer meat was dinner. I wore only hand me downs until age 12 bc walmart clothes were for better off families. I didn't go to college when I graduated because my parents couldn't afford it, just like they couldn't afford dentist/doctors appointments. I ended up going in my mid 20's bc I was willing to live off beans and rice as the majority of my diet and not waste money on things like cable, nice shoes/clothes, etc. I have personally been assaulted and harassed by police for "looking suspicious" when in reality I just looked poor. I have missed job opportunities bc the other applicant was black, even though he spoke fluent ebonics and had his pants sagging almost to his knees. I have missed job opportunities to women who couldn't be bothered to get out of their pajamas for the interview.

I have had black people and women tell me all about how I am privileged before hopping in their brand new vehicles that mommy and daddy bought them. I have never owned a vehicle that was newer than 15 years old bc my parents didn't have good credit. I have always had to work hard and save my money for things bc without credit I can't earn credit and without earning credit I cant get loans or credit cards.

I am not a victim and I am glad that I had the chance to overcome my hardships and improve myself, instead of sitting around saying it is the white mans fault. I am living a life that I have earned. I was homeless for a while in my youth but clawed my way out of that hell. Other homeless people talked about how nobody wanted to hire them bc they were homeless. I helped get a few of them jobs but they couldn't handle coming to work everyday or even working when they did show up. They would tell you they lost that job bc they were black though, the fact that they were loser crackheads had nothing to do with it.

There are many white folk out there that are as "privileged" as I have been. You are not working at burger king bc of white oppression. You are working at burger king bc you were born poor and said "F*** it, good enough".

I am not your problem
I am not your enemy
Grow the hell up

For all those white people out there spewing all of this bias PC bull mierda; shut your overly privileged, ignorant mouths. You know nothing. Give away all your money, get your credit set to 0, give away your vehicle, your parent paid education, etc and see how far you make it on your "privilege".

The rich/ruling class are your enemy, not me. It is rich vs poor, not black vs white.
edit on 1-12-2015 by theyknowwhoyouare because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You may be broke and all, but if someone invented time travel today you are one of the only few that could go to any period and be ok.

Jk

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
You may be broke and all, but if someone invented time travel today you are one of the only few that could go to any period and be ok.

Jk

Nope sorry, I was born 3/4 Irish heritage.

thanks for the laugh though

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

"I have missed job opportunities bc the other applicant was black, even though he spoke fluent ebonics and had his pants sagging almost to his knees. "

I am a white male. I am also half native American however most people would call me white. That to me sounds racist. Of course very easy to say from a white culture that was brought up believing they were fighting off savages that were encroaching on their land. I come from a poor family and I had to llpay for college myself. So in short I understand you circumstances but why I don't think you understand is that the way you are talking is the definition of racist. Your whole rant was based off of someone's race and how you didn't get as much because you are white. So you are saying you deserve more because you are white? How about I deserve more because the white man stole my land? Not fair right..
edit on 1-12-2015 by Zerodoublehero because: Nrg

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Make no mistake it is rich vs poor. It is only getting worse. Each day the wealth gap grows. People cannot climb out of bad situations anymore. The youth cannot work their way up when they have older people compeating for the same service sector employment.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well said.

Our stations in life have nothing to do with race ... or at least they shouldn't. It's true that white people have tended to be the "enslavers" of every other race on Earth, but does this automatically make future generations responsible for the mistakes of the past? Future generations can and obviously should learn from our past mistakes, but are we responsible?

Times have changed. So do people along with it.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
As a joke and for fun, and maybe because it's true. I mean the ridiculousness that we are "guilty".

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

"I have missed job opportunities bc the other applicant was black, even though he spoke fluent ebonics and had his pants sagging almost to his knees. "

I am a white male. I am also half native American however most people would call me white. That to me sounds racist. Of course very easy to say from a white culture that was brought up believing they were fighting off savages that were encroaching on their land. I come from a poor family and I had to llpay for college myself. So in short I understand you circumstances but why I don't think you understand is that the way you are talking is the definition of racist. Your whole rant was based off of someone's race and how you didn't get as much because you are white. So you are saying you deserve more because you are white? How about I deserve more because the white man stole my land? Not fair right..

I don't care how it sounds. The point is that my "privilege" is getting passed over for jobs bc I am white, even though the only other individual being interviewed looked and acted like a little gang banger that was obviously going to be a crap employee.

I love how pointing out racism is racist lol

You obviously didn't read what was written bc the entirety of this rant was me pointing out that white people have it every bit as hard as black people.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
"The sins of the father..." and all that rot...

Though, as usual, the bible is mixed on it's 'teachings'':

Do the sons bear the sins of the fathers or not?

Exodus 20:5, Deuteronomy 5:9 and Deuteronomy 24:16, Ezekiel 18:20

Yes, they do.

(Exodus 20:5)--"You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,"

Deuteronomy 5:9)--"You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, and on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,"

(Exodus 34:6-7)--"Then the Lord passed by in front of him and proclaimed, "The Lord, the Lord God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth; 7who keeps lovingkindness for thousands, who forgives iniquity, transgression and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, visiting the iniquity of fathers on the children and on the grandchildren to the third and fourth generations."

(1 Cor. 15:22)--"For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all shall be made alive."

No, they don't.

(Deuteronomy 24:16)--"Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin."

(Ezekiel 18:20)--"The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father’s iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son’s iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself."

Exodus 20:5 is, of course, among the ten commandments. The Ten Commandments are arranged in covenant form. The Suzerain-Vassal treaty pattern of the ancient near east is followed in the Ten Commandments. This arrangement included an introduction of who was making the covenant (Exodus 20:2), what the covenant maker had done (20:2), laws (20:3-17), rewards (20:6, 12), and punishments (20:5, 7).

Covenantally, when a father misleads his family, the effects of that misleading are often felt for generations. This is because the father is being covenantally unfaithful, and God has stipulated that there are punishments to breaking the covenant with God. That is the case with these verses that deal with the sins visited upon the children. If a father rejects the covenant of God and takes his family into sin and rejects God, the children will suffer the consequences--often for several generations. Whether or not this is fair is not the issue. Sin is in the world. Consequences of sin affected many generations.

carm.org...

As it where in layman's terms - we behave, speak and think as we've observed our caretakers do. Or - Monkey see - monkey do.

We are all responsible!! Karma baby.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Passerby1996

It is NOT true that white people are the "enslavers" of other races.

According to the UN THERE ARE MORE SLAVES IN THE WORLD TODAY than during all of American history when slavery was legal. The vast majority of modern day slaves are in muslim cultures in AFRICA AND ASIA.

The arabian slave trade started well before america even existed and never stopped.

Even during america's slave era most slaves were bought from arabs and africans who enslaved them and auctioned them off. Only 7% of southerners owned slaves during the height of slavery.

Many poor irish were treated as slaves but labeled as endntured servants during coloniel america.
edit on

The word slave comes from Slavic people who were enslaved by muslims, mostly white women as sex slaves for harems.

1-12-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
And of course slavery existed all over the world for as long as history has been recorded.

It was finally ended by white westerners in most civilized parts of the world.
edit on 1-12-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

So you're saying white people have NEVER enslaved another human being before?

And what's the U.N.'s definition of "slavery" in our modern day age? I'm not denying at all it happens today, but I doubt that most of the "slaves" they're talking about are nearly as abused as those hundreds of years ago. Sure, some are treated just a poorly. But times change. So when I hear you saying there's more slaves than there ever has been, I just have to shake my head.

Please prove me wrong. This is a very serious issue and I want slavery to stop for good, but you're making it out as if NOTHING has changed since the old days of the African slave trade.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Are you implying their is a good or "kinder, gentler" form of slavery?

Type a "modern slavery" or "contemporary slavery" in any search engine and educate yourself.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Listen to the song I posted. Why should we, the modern whites, be blamed for something we did not do. I had no slaves. I did not lynch anyone. And yet I am to be guilty of being white?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Passerby1996
Well said.

Our stations in life have nothing to do with race ... or at least they shouldn't. It's true that white people have tended to be the "enslavers" of every other race on Earth, but does this automatically make future generations responsible for the mistakes of the past? Future generations can and obviously should learn from our past mistakes, but are we responsible?

Times have changed. So do people along with it.

I learned recently that I had ancestors that were enslaved by Moorish invaders (black folk). All of humanity has been on both sides of this issue, however, the past is the past and we shouldn't be living there or we can't move forward.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare
HEY!

what makes a man, is it the power in his hands?
is it his quest for glory?
Give it all you've got, to fight to the top.
so we can know your story.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
The power we feel to kill with our hands. I have a great song, Male Supremacy. It's nothing outrageous

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

A manny, manny man.

Live it, live it!

What makes a man, is it the woman in his arms, Just 'cause she has big titties?

Or is it the way he fights everyday? No, it's prob'ly the titties.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
I'll post some great lyrics.

"I live to war it's in my blood if I want it I take
the men I've killed the children slaves
and all the woman I've raped
between my legs I've got what it takes to be called a man
fighting, feasting, #ing all I can
moonlight on horseback till death we will ride
northern winds pushing us towards suicide
Mars god of war masturbating in rage
wild libido I've freed from its cage

Male Supremacy

I eat the brains from my enemy's head
I proudly wear their scalps
I burn their towns to the ground to me the prisoners bow
muscle, sweat, long hair and dirt leather, fur and chains
my uniform torn and worn covered with blood stains
testosterone mates with adrenaline
bearing a son of insane aggression
woman will never know or understand
the power men feel to kill with their hands

After the war I come home weak and sore
I fall into your arms
we lie by the fire
you feed my desire with me safe and warm
outside the wind blows cold
inside the embers glow shelter from the storm

Years been away I fought night and day
for my land and my king
woman it's true
I do battle for you, you my everything
when on the fur I make love to her
how her body sings"

Male Supremacy by Carnivore (1985)
edit on 1-12-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

Apologies I had forgotten it was slightly explicit.
edit on 1-12-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

I hope it's not about dongs.

edit: no vid?
edit on 1-12-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join