It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A queer finding: gender isn’t binary

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yup just breaking it down to a simple expression of sex. 23 pairs.

Are there any other sexual organs beside the male(penis) and female(vagina)?

a reply to: Greven

edit on 1-12-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2015 by Athetos because: Added question.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Awe how sweet you added more befor I could even post my reply.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos

Is XX always female, or can it also be male?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Seems to be a male or am I wrong? So it's a rare variation that still results in a male.

I got a firm grasp of the wiki myself. I think we are agreeing but could be wrong.

So to you would this person be male or no?
They would be male too me as they have a penis and testicle although the chromosomes might have the effect of a little unit so to speak.

edit on 1-12-2015 by Athetos because: Added another question

edit on 1-12-2015 by Athetos because: Added my view

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
No, Gender is not Binary, the West are the ones who created a two Gender Binary system, as i have stated numerous times Multiple Genders have existed throughout various cultures and were not only recognized but celebrated and seen as Special and Gifted. not "Mental Defects" or ""Illness"

www.nature.com...

You are, of course, correct.

The "two spirited" person who is label M2F Trans
in our culture is viewed as a goddesss in many
of the native and/or insidiousness cultures.

In our culture the "two spirited" are subject to
ridicule by stupid people. These crude people
live their lives as if they were on Jerry Springer.

Why should anyone be the subjection of someone
elses contemptuous and dismissive language or
rude behavior?

Yet it happens everyday in the country because
we are nation of stupid people who like to act
like children---no, worse than children. We are
a nation of juvenile delinquents who take pride
in being rude, crude and generally obnoxious.

And we vote for men just like us for President.
The bigger the phobia the more votes.

Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz is the latest presidential candidate trying to downplay the role anti-abortion rhetoric may have played in motivating the Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado Springs Friday afternoon. When a reporter asked him at an Iowa campaign stop Sunday evening about suspect Robert Lewis Dear saying he was motivated by “no more baby parts,” Cruz countered that he’s also been reported to be a “transgendered [sic] leftist activist.”
Cruz explained, “We know that he was a man registered to vote as a woman.”

What a joke. Call DEAR "transgender" without evidence and you can win the argument. I thought we were past that.... no, not if we need to defend our faith from other people who would call MR DEAR a Christian Terrorist, then we call him something else NO ONE IN OUR CIRCLE LIKES... why? to put distance between us, and this crazy person. We don't want people thinking his is a Christian Terrorist... quick find a way to discredit them... Throw out the label Transgender it works nicely for the intended purpose. Geeez these people !!!

More FUD for the Fuddies.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos
Yes. Similarly, XY can be female.

Therefore, XX isn't always female nor is XY always male.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Ok thanks for elevating my knowledge on how the Two genders can be expressed. Nothing like learning something new.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Maybe this will help?

This says nothing of a person's gender identity or how it is expressed.

ETA: From the article "Sex Redefined" from the International Weekly Journal of Science - Nature
edit on 12/1/2015 by Freija because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: Athetos

Is XX always female, or can it also be male?

Nature will give anyone a penis, that alone does not make a man. It might make a boy, but being a man requires effort and character on the part of that boy. If that boy wants to be a woman, then who are we to say "No, sorry, you are man by nature." Actually, the male and female role of society are just that, society... not nature.

The oldest tree in the United Kingdom — possible among the oldest in all of Europe — has surprised experts by showing signs of a sex change from pollen-releasing male tree to berry-producing female.

The 5,000-year-old tree in Scotland known as the "Fortingall Yew" and identified for centuries as male has suddenly sprouted berries, which only female yews produce, on one of its branches, the Royal Botanic Garden in Edinburgh reported,

"I was very surprised to see a few berries on what was clearly otherwise a male tree," said Dr. Max Coleman, a science communicator at the botanical gardens.

www.techtimes.com...

If the oldest tree in the UK can switch sex
after 5000 years, then why can a human being
make the same choice and be respected for it?

Why some my find it very uncomfortable,
the fact is gender is, by nature, a spectrum
and it can change with time, as proven by
this 5000 year old tree.

edit on 1-12-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

One curious thing about XY females is that while, they (almost?) never have natural children, they could have a functioning womb, and then could actually become pregnant with implanted embryos.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Very curious that the defects seem to result in sterility. Good to know that they can still have children through medical pratices.

Upon review the OP I seen no link. Just curious but is this about how gays/lesbians or other fit into society or is it more along the lines of what greven is talking about as in genetics.

having a serious genetic defect is one thing but being born a boy or girl assuming regular chromosome make up is this about wanting to be transgender.

would just like some clarification from the OP
Get us all on the same page

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka

What do you say, ATS, is gender binary, or not?

Only Yes or No will accepted as an answer =)

Gender is not binary. But beyond that, I didn't care before the study and I will continue to not care after the study.

Be whatever you want to be.

I'm going to be a mean, cranky, old man.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

All this does is show two sexes and genetic defects not additional genders.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Freija

natural hermaphodites ARE the third expression. Its more common than you would think,but thanks to the obsession of people to be one or the other Doctors routinely decide on a gender instead of telling the parents you have a intersexed child to avoid lawsuits.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

No, Gender is not Binary, the West are the ones who created a two Gender Binary systemcreated a two Gender Binary system

Really ? I thought evolution did that .Just damn . You have destroyed all my scientific knowledge with one small post..

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Analyse the DNA
Measure tissue hormone levels

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Sarcasm fail.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Darth_Prime

No, Gender is not Binary, the West are the ones who created a two Gender Binary systemcreated a two Gender Binary system

Really ? I thought evolution did that .Just damn . You have destroyed all my scientific knowledge with one small post..

Question then. If evolution is perfect what about the intersexed hermaphorites? Woudnt if it was a Evolutionary imperative there would not be any of those?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

The discussion had turned to XX XY and the information was relevant to that discussion. The linked article also goes into conditions like CAIS (complete androgen insensitive syndrome) and CAH (congenital adrenal hyperplasia) and other DSDs (differences/disorders of sexual development) and really do not delve in any degree into the psychological and emotional perceptions of being one gender or the other.

Both this information and that in the OP speak to physical differences/similarities between the SEXES. A person's GENDER is between the ears, not between the legs. If you've been shown that there are biological or physiological spectrums of male and female, why is it so hard to consider that gender, being a man or woman is not also capable of being a spectrum?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Gothmog

Sarcasm fail.

And how...and why did you say it was sarcasm ? And you answer with one line ? 2 words ?
Evolution DID create a binary system. If not , everyone would have the same natural "functionality" Essentially there would not be 2 different sexes and we wouldnt be here on this thread. Can there be something in our biology that can change the way one or the other feels ? Absolutely

Now , with that being said (here comes my famous line)
Game over , you are all out of tokens. Sorry , try again..

edit on 1-12-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join