It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santorini’s Pizza & Sandwich Shop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Story Notes: This story has been published elsewhere on the web.
I am the author - it is mine.

STT News - East Blight, NJ - In the small New Jersey neighborhood of East Blight, Luigi Santorini has been making pizza the same way his father and grandfather taught him nearly two decades ago. But for those who accidentally stumble upon the old eatery, the surprise is what’s inside at Santorini’s Pizza & Sandwich Shop.

Luigi had this to say about his pizza making traditions, “Papa was a hands-on kind of guy. He believed in making sure that his pizza was done his way.”

That much goes without saying as Luigi, the third generation of family pizza chef, tends each pie from beginning to end. “I watch the boys make the *expletive* crust and add the *expletive* toppings. After that, it’s all about making sure that the *expletive* pie is done but not over-done. I can feel the *expletive* crust as it reaches the right temperature and the cheese is melted without *expletive* scorching.”

Helping out with the business is cousin Ray Baggaccino, who tends to menu items like toasted gyros and strombolis. He too had a few words to share as we were sampling some of the cuisine. “Some people come in here and say, ‘Hey Ray! What da *expletive* you doing in the *expletive* oven?’ And I say, what da *expletive* does it look like I’m doing you *expletive* schmuck!”

The shop is located in the lower section of East Blight and is about the only business that remains in this once bustling borough. “We don’t get too many *expletive* newcomers here.” Luigi explained. “You see a new face, it’s because they are trying to find someplace *expletive* safe where they don’t have to dodge the *expletive* gunfire outside.”

Just before wrapping up our visit, Officer Sean Gillicutty of the local PD stopped in to order some lunch, and asked how long it would take because there was a gang war scheduled for that afternoon a few blocks away. Ray looked at the wall clock and then replied, “What da *expletive* do you mean 'how long'? Do I work for you, you *expletive* mick?”

Life goes on here just as it has for countless years. And the pizza is pretty good, too!

Film at 11...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

As a New Jersey resident, I approve.

Only thing I would change is Italians usually use Italian curses instead of schmuck.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

As a New Jersey resident, I approve.
Only thing I would change is Italians usually use Italian curses instead of schmuck.

My ex-son-in-law is from NJ as well. He helped me put this little thing together about 5 years ago... before he ran off with a college chic from Florida...and my little girl got everything.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I'm also in NJ and half Italian. If the place is real, I want the address. I can go for a pie or 2 and leave a message:

"ATSers eat here" - Trueman.
edit on 1-12-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

If I ever find it, I'll let ya know!

new topics

top topics

join