It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marine jailed in Philippines for killing transgender woman

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

originally posted by: Metallicus
It should be a crime to not disclose that information and really for your own sake you should tell people if you are pretending to be a woman because this reaction won't be uncommon when high emotions are involved.

I'm sure that men "pretending to be women" probably exists somewhere? I also think the notion that all transgender people are "pretending" is likely to rub some folks the wrong way.

If people choose to be offended then that is their problem and I am too old to pretend I care what is politically correct these days.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Oh, so age prevents you from having manners or even having any desire to understand things you're too stuck in your ways and thinking to consider?

You must be reeeeally old then? Older than me anyway. I'm 61 and don't use mental atrophy as an excuse to not care if I offend anyone.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

You are right of course.

I don't need an excuse not to care I just don't.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

If I discovered someone was a man and not a woman and they didn't disclose that information then I would probably be in jail too. It sounds like voluntary manslaughter to me. The guy didn't plan to kill this person, but acted out of extreme anger when it was discovered that this person was not what they pretended to be.

It should be a crime to not disclose that information and really for your own sake you should tell people if you are pretending to be a woman because this reaction won't be uncommon when high emotions are involved.

ETA: I would never be in that situation because I am not promiscuous, but I can't imagine the rage I would have if this had happened to me.

Heres the thing though. As a US marine arent they supossed to set a example? A true marine would had said I am sorry i am not that way,kindly left and went about his business. Sheesh. This guy gives marines a bad name.

And also. dude should had known that It dont make you gay IF you are attracted to a feminine looking body even if they have a penis. Now IF the Marine wanted it up the butt that would be different. Sheesh. If it was me id a finished and left. its not the hookers fault. I swear some people are so wasteful.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

He was being raped by another man... I say innocent.

This is why someone parading around as a sex they are not, should have to register as such.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Some people like to be choked when they have sex it's possible the victim asked to be chocked as he was having sex and the Marine took it to far and killed him.

Just because he is a marine doesn't mean he doesn't like to have sex with a lady boys. He more than likely knew the oral care giver was a man now he is trying to back peddle but the damage is done.

Good that he is facing charges.

edit on 1-12-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

He more than likely knew the oral care giver was a man now he is trying to back peddle but the damage is done.

There is absolutely no evidence of this whatsoever nor do I think it is likely based upon the emotional reaction displayed by the Marine. I would vote to acquit this man if I were on the jury.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Athetos

He more than likely knew the oral care giver was a man now he is trying to back peddle but the damage is done.

There is absolutely no evidence of this whatsoever nor do I think it is likely based upon the emotional reaction displayed by the Marine. I would vote to acquit this man if I were on the jury.

The dead body disagrees i am sure. And Thisemarine wont be tried in America i wager. And really youd vote to aquit because the marine is a marine right and apparently TG people are not humans deserving fair representation under the law? Im sure the military investigated this and would not had allowwed charges if there was nothing to it.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Infinitis

This is why someone parading around as a sex they are not, should have to register as such.

Cant rape the willing. Im sure witnesses would say he was fine with her before this happenned.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija
Oh, so age prevents you from having manners or even having any desire to understand things you're too stuck in your ways and thinking to consider?

You must be reeeeally old then? Older than me anyway. I'm 61 and don't use mental atrophy as an excuse to not care if I offend anyone.

I'm near 70 BTW --- and straight.

So much for age excuses.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I agree. Younger me wouldn't have cared either.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

And really youd vote to aquit because the marine is a marine right and apparently TG people are not humans deserving fair representation under the law?

I would vote to acquit because I consider it rape and I would have done the same thing in that situation.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

I agree. Younger me wouldn't have cared either.

What exactly is it you won't care about?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

While I would be personally appalled to find out it was a man giving me oral instead of a woman (though this begs the question of how he couldn't tell in the first place) - I would hardly think I need to defend myself, let alone kill the person.

Six to twelve years is far too lenient - and not just in terms of his crime. It is sending a message to all Filipinos - Americans can kill you with little penalty. As pointed out in your OP, there is a huge debate going on right now about the presence of American military in the Philippines. I happen to be an American living in the Philippines right now (I'm not military - I'm here with my wife, our child, and my wife's family) - and with the upcoming Presidential election, politics is a topic around the dinner table.

While some Filipinos may like the idea of American military personnel leaving the country, it would be disastrous. For one thing, what would stop the Chinese from more aggressively pursuing their claim on the Spratly Islands? I hardly think the Chinese cower in fear of Philippine naval might.

I believe he should have his day in court, but should Pemberton be found guilty of the charges, then they must be accepted and he should serve the normal sentence for murder. The Philippine justice system needs to make it clear to its people that although American military personnel are on the islands, they are there in a supportive role and under the jurisdiction of Philippine law - and that crimes committed will not be tolerated or handled with a lenience not afforded to others.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

And really youd vote to aquit because the marine is a marine right and apparently TG people are not humans deserving fair representation under the law?

I would vote to acquit because I consider it rape and I would have done the same thing in that situation.

Really? You'd have killed a person for giving you head if it was a man? While it may be reprehensible to find out it was a man doing the deed, it's not like your life was in danger. If anything, Pemberton was raping the victim's throat. Note: not being a raging homophobe does not mean you like homosexuality.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Infinitis

Innocent for Killing an Innocent Person?

seriously... i can't even

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Anyone hunting for head in Brazil, Thailand or the Philipines should be aware of transgenders.

I believe he knew all along and simply panicked after ejaculating. Didn't want his fellow marines to think he was gay.

Coward

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You could argue it all you want, but if you willingly allow someone to preform a sexual act on you then it isn't.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Infinitis

Cant rape the willing. Im sure witnesses would say he was fine with her before this happenned.

I was going to say the exact same thing. Since when do people not verify gender before getting freaky anyway? There HAD to be some groping going on at some point, I'd assume o.O If you come across something you dislike about a person, generally a simple "Yeah, I'm not feeling it anymore. Ciao." would suffice. Not killing them. Weak-minded, pansy-assed little losers stoop to murder. No real, honorable human -- man OR woman -- commits murder because they reject their partner at the last second because of a change of mind or revelation they dislike.
edit on 12/2/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/2/2015 by Nyiah because: Lack of aword made it soundlike a very different stance. Fixed & clarified.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It's kinda rape. It's not the normal definition of it, but it's disgusting behavior. So if you don't know someone is HIV positive and let them give you some service is it not on the HIV positive person to tell you?

It's hard to drum up any real comparisons, but people that are transgender or transexual or whatever need to understand that there are a TON of people that wouldn't have sex with them if they were aware, and just because someone passes doesn't mean they are consenting to sleeping with the gender being shown.

It doesn't excuse murder, but I totally get that someone duped into sleeping with a person of the same gender (or opposite gender, I'd be pissed if I was gay too) would flip out. if I'm sitting there enjoying some servicing and I see a penis pop out I'm probably breaking someone's nose.

Transgendered people and all the other things need to be aware that not everyone is OK with having sex with them. Being 100% passable, even down to the tiddly bits is not the same as being a woman. It's just not. A clone may be a perfect 100% copy, but it's not the same. Sleeping with your girlfriends twin sister isn't OK if you are AWARE she's the twin.

This whole thing is ridiculous. Transgender or transexual people have a moral duty to inform sexual partners BEFORE anything happens. They're not bad, and comparing it to an STD sounds terrible, but there's no other comparison that springs to mind as readily. I'm actually really hoping this moral obligation becomes law. No, I shouldn't have to ask if a potential sexual partner is transgender, if they're identifying as a woman and look like a woman but AREN'T a natural woman and are aware (and they all are) some straight men would choose to not sleep with them, they are essentially raping the man they sleep with.

I give them respect, I don't hate them, but I expect to be respected too. False advertising is false advertising. If your vagina is made out of your former penis, I don't want to have sex with you. That's a personal choice, and it should be respected just the same as respecting a man or woman to undergo surgery. These people are VERY aware that the majority wouldn't want to sleep with them.

The whole premise that if someone can't tell it's fine is ridiculous. Is it fine when people are victims of any other scam? I will call you whatever you want to be called, but don't trick normal men into sleeping with you when you've got a penis or a vagina made from one. We always talk about men being tricked, but women are going to be just as disgusted if they're lied to.

Respect us and our feelings, and maybe you'll get more respect in return.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join