It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Janet is hiring

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Fun story for today. AECOM, the contractor that operates the Janet 737s to Area 51, Plant 42, and other areas, is advertising for First Officers. You have to have logged time in 737s, preferably the 737NG, and at least 1,000 hours in turbine powered aircraft.

Janet airline is the name of a small fleet of passenger aircraft that serve the famous Area 51, the U.S. Air Force top-secret base in the Nevada desert, along with some key military airbases used for research and development, including the Naval Air Weapons Station China Lake, Air Force Plant 42 in Palmdale CA and Tonopah Test Range, Nevada.

JANET, that unofficially stands for “Just Another Non Existent Terminal”, is a shuttle service operated by AECOM, a private defense contractor, from a terminal at Las Vegas’ McCarran International Airport, with a small fleet of Boeing 737-600 jets, sporting the peculiar overall white with red cheatline livery, along with two Beechcraft 1900s and three Beechcraft 200Cs painted white with less noticeable blue trim stripes.

Well, our friend and journalist Ian D’Costa has just discovered that the secret airline is hiring.

theaviationist.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Sign me up. We know where to report for work each day too.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Interesting wonder what they would pay.. Also advancement on such a small operation must be some kinda slow..

I am To old, and even if I were younger that would be my last choice or a choice until I found a job with a large air carrier. At least it would appear they are parking the 737-200s and getting some newer equipment. The 737-700 was actually one of my favorite 737s; mucho power.. 800 and 900 were a tad bit harder to land being so long ...

I would bet you are just paid a monthly salary, for if you get paid by the traditional minute...that would suck on such short haul flights...It would make South West look like a super long haul carrier.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I doubt you get to leave the plane at A51 or any other sensitive areas, and you'd probably never see more than runways, hangars and control towers. Oh and desert, lots of desert.

Also, I also highly doubt you'd overhear anything by the employees flying on the plane, compartmentalization and all.
edit on 1-12-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

When we were at TTR, we saw two Janet flights land, and then park and stay there all day. They were still there when we left, sitting by one of the buildings. You might not get to wander around the base, but you definitely have the opportunity to see something going on while you're there.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I doubt you get to leave the plane at A51 or any other sensitive areas, and you'd probably never see more than runways, hangars and control towers. Oh and desert, lots of desert.

Also, I also highly doubt you'd overhear anything by the employees flying on the plane, compartmentalization and all.

Exactly, just another runway ! The paperwork is probably delivered to the cockpit so when you arrive other than the walk around preflight inspection you are pretty much stuck where ever they park to deplane the passengers.

Other than the 20 or 30 minute flight time the job would suck... But, better than no job at all, I suppose ?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

They frequently land and stay in place for hours, depending on where they are, and the time of day. At Plant 42 they stayed for 45 minutes to an hour, while at TTR they were there 4-5 hours at the time we left, and there was no sign of them leaving when we departed the area. It's more than just flying in and out of places.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They frequently land and stay in place for hours, depending on where they are, and the time of day. At Plant 42 they stayed for 45 minutes to an hour, while at TTR they were there 4-5 hours at the time we left, and there was no sign of them leaving when we departed the area. It's more than just flying in and out of places.

Hummm good to know I just figured it was a out and in kinda job. Must have a real lounge and everything for the crews.. good news... thanks for the reply..

Edit to add : Might have a pool table and even a ping pong table so one can earn a little extra cash on the lay-overs... !
edit on 1-12-2015 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

The first two flights into TTR landed, parked, and were airborne in like 20-30 minutes. Then the third landed and stayed, followed a little while later by the fourth that stayed. They were parked near a building that had to be a lounge/terminal area, because they all went to there when they landed. It looked like a pretty nice setup from the outside.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

AECOM, the contractor that operates the Janet 737s to Area 51, Plant 42, and other areas, is advertising for First Officers.

I wonder if the government ever puts that contract up for competitive bid? I'm sure it's always sole-sourced though. It would probably be too tough for any other aviation contractor to meet the security requirements...

-dex

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

It's changed hands at least three times that I remember. EG&G has had it, now AECOM, and one other company that I can't remember off the top of my head.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I highly doubt they would let anyone who is a member on ATS fly a plane into A51

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
I highly doubt they would let anyone who is a member on ATS fly a plane into A51

I don't know about that , isn't ATS a gov't front? Coincidence that ATS is advertising Janet jobs, I think not. This just confirms it.

edit on 441231America/ChicagoTue, 01 Dec 2015 18:44:29 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
AECOM was the company selected to Build the "one world trade center " right ?

Interesting..

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Its actually highly likely that a member of ATS has been to Area 51.
A certain no longer active member on here was working out of Creech AFB on drones last I heard, and worked or is still working on classified programs. In fact the last conversation I had with them on here was about Area 51 and the construction work going on at the time. Don't assume anything.

LEE.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Are they ramping up for something at TTR and Groom hence the reason to hire more pilots? I've noticed an increase in Janet flights lately. They've been flying a lot later than usual.. Just noticed a Beech 1900 Janet going from Palmdale to Las Vegas at 12:30am. I don't recall the last time i've seen them fly this late.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MAVERICKANDGOOSE

The bomber. They're going to be flying out of Groom for awhile still, until the official rollout, and testing will be over TTR for awhile.

Then there's the KC-46 that has to certify on any black project that has IFR capability.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

The bomber. They're going to be flying out of Groom for awhile still, until the official rollout, and testing will be over TTR for awhile.

Then there's the KC-46 that has to certify on any black project that has IFR capability.

That makes sense. Thanks for the quick reply dude.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I'm keeping odd hours lately so you caught me still awake.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Are there black projects that aren't IFR capable?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join