It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz says there is no ‘war on women’ because we don’t have a condom shortage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: olaru12

Abortion is NOT and Should NEVER be considered birth control.

Abortion should ONLY be used for rape/health for mother and child issues and NOT as a standard procedure.

Dont want to get pregnant ? Use a condom, go on the pill or just keep your legs closed.

Exactly my stance as well

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
I find it frankly offensive that women believe that males who are also the biological parents of the offspring have no say in it what so ever.....

Aw... did I say something politically incorrect that offended you? I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to offend your sensibilities!

(Jeez! It's true that everyone is looking for something to be offended about!)

Anyway, women's reproductive health care, like her own personal choice of birth control, has nothing to do with men. I'm sorry if that offends you, but that's just the truth. Men really don't and shouldn't have any more say in what birth control a woman chooses, than she has in how often he masturbates. Some things are personal.

I hope you get over being offended soon.

except that a woman that gets pregnant where im involved, also means its MY CHILD as well

Do I not have a say?

Is that what youre saying? What about my rights as a father?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Everyone knows how helpful condoms can be to women who experience irregular or no menstrual periods, cramps, acne, PMS, endometriosis and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, which are all conditions commonly treated with BC pills. Source

I found this one just for you
:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Abortion is NOT and Should NEVER be considered birth control.

Abortion should ONLY be used for rape/health for mother and child issues and NOT as a standard procedure.

Dont want to get pregnant ? Use a condom, go on the pill or just keep your legs closed.

Exactly my stance as well

I may disagree with Cruz on a lot of things but he has a point.

There are many many many types of contraception avalible.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

How does that work with miscarriages then?

apples and oranges, miscarriage isnt a choice

Newsflash: Every major product you buy is a money maker for someone.

By that logic then, slavery and child trafficking is ok then? I guess we shouldnt have any line on whats right and wrong then? Keep in mind I am pro choice, but I believe the father should have a say in that, where hes available, this is does not involve JUST the woman

Death and misery of others? Who exactly is miserable here and who is dying?

Its not exactly a shoe or a potato they are aborting is it?

Microbes on mars = Life

Fetus = not life

Logic = fail
edit on 12/1/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

link   

except that a woman that gets pregnant where im involved, also means its MY CHILD as well

Do I not have a say?

Dude. Calm down. I didn't say anything about ANY of that. This thread is about what Ted said about condoms. Not abortions, not father's rights and not you. Don't take things so personally. Jeez!

Thanks, AM! That's hilarious! LOL!
edit on 12/1/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I know you're not talkin' to me here - but
imo,

if a man and woman are going to have sex, it should be discussed UP FRONT of the activity as to what is the birth control method being used. Condom? Pill? Diaphragm? Suppositories? Morning-after pills? Rhythm? Luck? The only fail-safe way to avoid pregnancy is if one or both are sterilized (vasectomy or hysterectomy), or the woman is post-menopausal. As in, no periods for at least three years. ALL OTHER METHODS have a chance of failure.

"What if we become pregnant?" is the question that MUST be asked. Make a decision together, BEFORE taking the risk.
edit on 12/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Do I not have a say?

Dude. Calm down. I didn't say anything about ANY of that. This thread is about what Ted said about condoms. Not abortions, not father's rights and not you. Don't take things so personally. Jeez!

Thanks, AM! That's hilarious! LOL!

im perfectly calm, thank you, no need to project

Pot meet kettle
but i agree lets not derail into abortion theology
edit on 12/1/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Guess I derailed the OP's thread
(sorry, olaru) - but as long as we're talking about Cruz's nincompoopiness, we ought to look at the whole picture, not just one asinine remark he's made; oughtn't we?

The guy is dangerous. His most extreme followers and supporters are dangerous (as in, armed and dangerous, or powerful and dangerous). Deranged and dangerous.
edit on 12/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I know you're not talkin' to me here - but
imo,

if a man and woman are going to have sex, it should be discussed UP FRONT of the activity as to what is the birth control method being used. Condom? Pill? Diaphragm? Suppositories? Morning-after pills? Rhythm? Luck? The only fail-safe way to avoid pregnancy is if one or both are sterilized (vasectomy or hysterectomy), or the woman is post-menopausal. As in, no periods for at least three years. ALL OTHER METHODS have a chance of failure.

"What if we become pregnant?" is the question that MUST be asked. Make a decision together, BEFORE taking the risk.

totally agree with this sentiment , star indeed!

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

How does that work with miscarriages then?

As I understand it, exactly the same. At least that's what I was told back in like '80 or '81, when I was told I could not have kids. I've wondered if the body could self-regulate so to speak after a spontaneous abortion, but I don't think it's been studied. The most recent studies (that I've seen) have focused on abortion specifically, as opposed to spontaneous abortion. There is also a presumption that women lie about having abortions so self-reporting cannot be trusted... which is also the basis for those who discount every study showing a link.

Newsflash: Every major product you buy is a money maker for someone.

Thank you... I had absolutely no idea. Silly me.

Death and misery of others? Who exactly is miserable here and who is dying?

Um... the women with breast cancer? Their families and other loved ones? Perhaps I'm assuming too much, since I've never had breast cancer, nor have I lost someone to breast cancer, but it does seem to me that women with breast cancer suffer, as do their families -- especially when they die.

But if you have other information, please enlighten me

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t
apples and oranges, miscarriage isnt a choice

So then the body can tell the difference?

By that logic then, slavery and child trafficking is ok then? I guess we shouldnt have any line on whats right and wrong then?

Red herring.

Its not exactly a shoe or a potato they are aborting is it?

You do know that a potato is living thing right?

Microbes on mars = Life

Fetus = not life

Logic = fail

I never said any of those things so this is a strawman.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Um... the women with breast cancer? Their families and other loved ones? Perhaps I'm assuming too much, since I've never had breast cancer, nor have I lost someone to breast cancer, but it does seem to me that women with breast cancer suffer, as do their families -- especially when they die.

But if you have other information, please enlighten me

Which women with breast cancer? Can you provide a definitive link between getting an abortion and getting breast cancer, because I'm having trouble understanding why we are talking about it in the first place.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Well given some people over the pond think you can't get pregnant by being raped so all a woman needs to do is just say no..no..no instead of yes..yes..yes and she'll be fine

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

we have women in this country sitting in jail because they miscarried

BS. I'm sure you mean "attempted self administered abortion".

And yes your right, abortion laws take rights away from men. I think you want any irresponsible women to be able to change their mind and have an abortion after committing to starting a family with a man.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I think what it boils down to is that the GOP and Cruz thinks the "right to Life" stance will get them votes; Their Conservative base is strong but the newer younger voters are much more liberal.

The voting demographic is getting decidedly younger; thus a stupid strategy on the Republican side.

I still maintain it's Jebs turn...He makes "right to life" noises, but roe v. wade will stand. And the Right will wonder whaaa?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: benwyatt

And yes your right, abortion laws take rights away from men. I think you want any irresponsible women to be able to change their mind and have an abortion after committing to starting a family with a man.

Wow. What a giant mental leap that was.

So all pregnancies are the result of two people planning on starting a family?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: benwyatt
a reply to: dawnstar
BS. I'm sure you mean "attempted self administered abortion".

Arrested for Having a Miscarriage - 7 Appalling Instances Where Pregnent Women were Criminalized

The hell is this?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

The whole "war on women" is going to fail. It's cheap ammo from the democrat arsenal. Just look at Hillary's treatment of women and you'll see a "war on women".

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Which women with breast cancer?

Well, I would assume all of them suffer... but again, perhaps I presume too much. Perhaps you can provide a definitive link to those women with breast cancer who do NOT suffer?

Can you provide a definitive link between getting an abortion and getting breast cancer...

Nope.... just countless studies showing a link. But, of course, you could easily find those yourself if you were so inclined.

...because I'm having trouble understanding why we are talking about it in the first place.

Because you responded to a post I made to the OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join