It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CO Shooter Gets Same Public Defender As James Holmes, Imagine That.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Signals

Why is it weird that a public defender who's experienced in defending capital crime cases gets tasked with another capital crime case? Do you understand how the public defender's office is set up? Do you understand how the district attorney's office is set up?

I'm gonna go with "no, literally no clue."

As for your active shooter drill, so what? You do understand that first responders train continuously to...respond, right? I mean I know tv shows like to portray it as sitting around watching tv and taking naps unless there's an active call to respond to but that's not quite accurate.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

And since it's already illegal for insane people to have guns, it doesn't make sense to me that a "gun grab" would benefit from making all the shooters out to be insane. That doesn't justify any new laws.

That is correct, but they keep trying anyway. There will be more executive actions, the administration is clear on that.

What do you make of Obama's recommendation on good Thanksgiving Day topics, Josh Earnest announced this early last week. The topic to discuss with our families? Gun control.

Then, the next day, this shooting happens....

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

How many events must I list where there was a drill prior to the event (or during) for this to be coincidence?

Let's see, 9/11, 7/7, OKC, Paris, Aurora, Sandy Hook, Boston Bombing, this event...

And no, I've never worked in a prosecutors office, but I do have some type of clue how things work.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: Belgianbloke

Once more that "deer in the headlight" look of a mass murderer......

It's just the thousand yard stare which is typical of anyone going through/committing some kind of trauma.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Glad you mentioned OKC. It's the most questionable of them all. A Noble Lie should be required watching.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
What do you make of Obama's recommendation on good Thanksgiving Day topics, Josh Earnest announced this early last week. The topic to discuss with our families? Gun control.

Actually, Earnest's comment was:

“If we are going to have a serious discussion in this country about national security, let’s talk about some things Congress can do, and one obvious thing Congress can do is pass a law that prevents someone who is one the terror watch list from being able to buy a weapon,” he continued. “I’m not sure why that’s controversial. I’m not sure why it hasn’t been done.”
Source

That's just politics.

Now, if you consider a law preventing someone who is on the terror watch list from being able to buy a weapon, as a bad thing, then I understand your frustration. But even though I support the the right to own firearms, I also support common since restrictions and regulations of firearm ownership.

But I don't make anything of Earnest's comments. Obama has been pushing for a solution to gun violence his whole presidency. This is nothing new. Neither is it uncommon.

Then, the next day, this shooting happens....

Look, you have your conspiracy theory and you're welcome to it. I'm going to bow out of this thread and leave you to it. I appreciate you explaining it to me, but have no desire to argue or defend my own position.

Carry on.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

How many events must I list where there was a drill prior to the event (or during) for this to be coincidence?

Let's see, 9/11, 7/7, OKC, Paris, Aurora, Sandy Hook, Boston Bombing, this event...

And no, I've never worked in a prosecutors office, but I do have some type of clue how things work.

And how many times must I point out that training is happening 24/7, year in and year out, all over not only the US but the entire world. About a month, six weeks ago, I finished up taking part in a three week long multi-agency exercise. No mass casualty event has happened. No school shooting. No terror attack here.

But according to ATS, all of those things, and more, should have happened by now.

And no, no you don't.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Oh christ. Come off it man. Actually they had ANOTHER real active shooter situation in that area before this one.
Wouldnt a drill after the first one make some sense? And i do not even by that there was one. Source please.

Perhaps deranged people who kill strangers all look the same in court because they are all deranged? Gee, who would have thunk?

And same public defender. So what? Once again you are making a point that actually makes perfect sense.

How many lawyers in CO to defend mass shooters are thete do you think?

No..its all fake guys. Gun control. Coming for you. RAWR!

Orchestrated events this small are unnecesarry. This country is full of nuts.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Daniel King (the attorney) is the chief trial deputy for Colorado's Public Defender office. It seems natural to me that he'd be the one to take these high-profile cases. He'll probably go for an insanity plea. And since it's already illegal for insane people to have guns, it doesn't make sense to me that a "gun grab" would benefit from making all the shooters out to be insane. That doesn't justify any new laws.

Copied for the TRUTH. Daniel King will also have the experience the Holmes trial gave him to mount a defense for this latest case. This is still America, we still provide legal representation to those who can't afford it, even the nutbags who shoot up a place. Ask yourself this, do you think the public defender's office wants another high-profile case they are almost certainly going to lose? If you were to go to the same town in CO and shoot up the place you'll also probably end up with the same public defender. IF - IF there were a conspiracy in any of these shootings, it certainly wouldn't be at the public defender's office.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Now, if you consider a law preventing someone who is on the terror watch list from being able to buy a weapon, as a bad thing, then I understand your frustration. But even though I support the the right to own firearms, I also support common since restrictions and regulations of firearm ownership.

How does one get on the terrorist "watch" list? This is an important question considering the definition for 'terrorist' is an ongoing ever-changing debate. Think about it.

Do they frequent controversial conspiracy websites? Do they make "unusual" or "suspicious" comments?

Do they occasionally rant on Facebook and make an off-the-cuff remark about the president?

Do they hold membership in a club or organization that the administration deems to have "violent" opinions?

We have foreign terrorists and then we have something called domestic terrorism, and that term is constantly being evaluated and argued about. If our president with his use of the pen and phone decides to implement yet another Executive Order declaring something domestic terrorism, you might just happen to be SOL.

(Guard your 2A as if it were gold.)

edit on 1-12-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

OK, now all you have to do is list all of the thousands of drills which occurred all over the country from 9/1/01 through today to see how ridiculous the theory is. At the local MLB ballpark, there are drills and training for all types of events during the offseason. Almost weekly. Someday, maybe something happens there for real. I guess that's going to automatically be a planned event also...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

I see what you did there, but we are not counting non-events, it doesn't make any sense.

Those events listed DID happen, and they all had drills going on prior or even DAY OF (like 9/11).

That is the connection, and it's startling.

I digress, though. You don't find it the least bit odd both Colorado shooters have the same public defender?

edit on 1-12-2015 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

a reply to: usernameconspiracy

I see what you did there, but we are not counting non-events, it doesn't make any sense.

The drills that happen every week ARE events, not "non-events". It makes absolute sense to look at how many drills are conducted over time.

That's where conspiracy theories usually fail... By "not counting" something. These drills happen ALL THE TIME. It's not strange or coincidental that one happened around the same time. There's always a drill going on somewhere.

Just because I got the mail on the same day I wrecked the car doesn't mean there's a correlation. I get the mail ALL the time. If I'm going to wreck the car, it just might coincide with a day I get the mail.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

If you were to get hit 2 days in a row by the same car (while checking the mail, LoL), then you may become suspicious. Just as all these events correlate to drills.

From your earlier post -

Look, you have your conspiracy theory and you're welcome to it. I'm going to bow out of this thread and leave you to it. I appreciate you explaining it to me, but have no desire to argue or defend my own position

Glad you're still here though

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Husband was on the watch list for flying because of the number and type of vaccinations he's had for his job and because he signs his name two different ways (that makes it using an "alias" as opposed to having a name like Robert that can be Bob and Robert).

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah the no-fly list seems sketchy, with no real obligation to hasten the process of regaining permission to fly.

There are many ways to chip away at our freedom. I believe these type of staged events are meant to usher in more executive orders.

It will be interesting to see more details about Dear, psychotropic use, school, work, etc.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I know right..why would the assign a public defender that has experience in similar cases to do his job.

Do you also find it a conspiracy when the same surgeon transplants an organ into different people from the same geographic location?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I find it startling that you're startled by one attorney with experience in capital crimes...gasp!....handling multiple capital crime cases.

That's sort of his niche. Just like the DA's office has prosecutors who work primarily capital crimes cases. Because they have the experience needed to do so.

And please, if you're just going to ignore whatever events don't line up with your idea, why bother discussing it at all? Hundreds upon thousands of training events have happened without anything real happening shortly afterward. Sitting there saying "yea but this literal handful of times it DID happen so we're going to ignore the overwhelming number of times nothing happened because conspiracy."

You're seeing what you want to see. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408
Does that make you wonder if "they" will try to connect
the legal MJ & these crazy crimes with shooters?

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

What a coincidence, huh?

It's so in your face these days it's unbelievable. They had to seal the records to make sure to get the story straight, I reckon.

Sure is.

We have a manufactured 'motive' by way of heavily-edited, misleading videos that originated with far more unnamed people than known ones.

It's not unreasonable to wonder what else has been manufactured.

As I noted in another thread, Dear had an entire separate online life while living off the grid without electricity as a recluse:

He seemed to have a separate life online. An online personals ad seeking women in North Carolina interested in bondage and sadomasochistic sex showed a picture that appeared to be Mr. Dear and used an online pseudonym associated with him. The same user also appeared to have turned to online message boards to seek companions in the Asheville area with whom he could smoke marijuana.

On Cannabis.com, the writer said in December 2005: “AIDS, hurricanes, we are in the end times. Accept the LORD JESUS while you can.”

Link

Investigators claim they have knowledge of two forums he participated in leaving blatant clues as to how 'crazy, hypocritical, right-wing Christian' he is, and then his motive is tied to 'right-wing' propaganda. AND...then Obama jumps in with both feet to score political points, again.

How/where did he have access to the internet when he was a recluse living without electricity? Investigators managed to immediately find him online, but do they have that answer?

I raise my eyebrow.

Good looking out.

And something I suspected since it's in Colorado. Anyone notice the blatant attempt to start linking this to "marijuana". Anyone sense a possible reason of insanity from marijuana plea attempt...
edit on 1-12-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join