It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think about my Sci-Fi Novel? ( link included)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
drive.google.com...

I have not finished yet, but what do you think so far?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: optimisitcplanet

Hi, it's okay but trying to get my head around 'telephone' 'driver's licence' and 'Dad driving' in the year 2970+.

My thoughts,

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Hmm, could use some editing by a friend. I have two issues with the story. 1. It's the year 3000, but everything is quite the same as 2015. 2. Sandra at 16 and Sandra at 25 are quite the same person.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing. I thought it was ok.

This stood out to me:

He was a new robot, specifically designed to do household chores. Ed could do it all, cook, clean and do the laundry so my family could use their time doing other things on their mind. I often felt sorry for the poor old robot,

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

You have definite writing talent.

This example seems more like a diary rather than a novel. I suspect you haven't read much sci-fi. Most people are limited to movie exposure to Sci-Fi.

IMO, really good science fiction, in book form, rarely translates into good movies. I suggest you read Sci-Fi novels. Especially those that weren't made into movies. Lots of them. At the least, they expand the imagination.

Keep writing though. You have talent....

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

This shows promise, but what you have so far (that I've seen) comes across as unnecessary backstory. While this quick bio is useful for you as the author to know better your character, it's not really useful for your audience. One thing to ask yourself is "Does the reader need to know this info? If so, do they need to know it right now?

Another thing, your story should open as close to the "inciting incident" as possible. Basically what you want to do is start "the moment everything changed" for your main character. I'm guessing the move to the moon/arriving on the moon is it?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Hey Guys, first of all thank you for your replies.
Im planning, to actually make this more like a diary, which is written when she as in old lady ( if you get what i mean). the moon is not the only major theme in the story. After she comes back from going to the moon, Sandra spends some time at home. After that she goes on a vacation via a underground railway. Underground Railways are a transport used in Sandras time, underground railways are built beneath the surface of the earth, and trains can run from country to country. Sandra goes on a trip to Romania. ( to meet her long lost friend Levi), then to New York and South America. When she gets home she finds that she is in love the Levi, so she tells him. Levi then sponsors her to come to Romania and they get married. She ends up having two kids. After that when she is about 60 and the kids have gone out of her home, Levi and Sandra retire in a French Country Side, working at vineyard producing wine. She then gets grandkids and spend her spare time giving her grandchildren good advice.

í plan to make the trips Sandra has to Europe, South America and new York as vivid as possible so people can imagine it very vividly

Thats a rough sketch of this diary/story of Sandra Davies

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I plan to describe a futuristic Romania, New York And South America

I certainly think this is going to come out as a nice story

edit on 1-12-2015 by optimisitcplanet because: unessary words

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Here's a tip that I find helpful. Put together a notebook to use as a story board. Section the notebook into chapters, you don't have to know how many chapters you're eventuallygoing to have, you can add more. Each chapter of the story should move the story further along, and introduce a new idea, or visit an idea from characters past that relates to their path in the narrative. Write down ideas for each chapter before you begin writing. This way, they'll be nice and organized for you when you want to put the story to paper, and you will also be able to create a flow for the novel.

top topics

join