It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado woman turns wedding dresses into angel gowns (infant burial gowns)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

EVERGREEN, Colo. - A Colorado grandmother is honoring young lives lost too soon.

Sandi Fasano, of Evergreen, brings infant burial gowns to hospitals, free of charge. She makes the angel gowns from recycled wedding dresses.

It may sound like a morbid task, but turning wedding dresses into tiny gowns fills a need in the community -- a need no one talks about.

"The last thing a family needs to do is go to a toy store and find doll clothes," said Fasano. "There really isn't any other option but to provide these free of charge."

7 News and video

This woman is an absolute angel herself. She does not accept cash donations, only materials to make the baby items.

The baby girls get a beautiful gown made of satin and lace, with little bows and flowers made from ribbon

The little boy babies get a little satin shirt and pants with a colorful vest

And the little babies who are too premature and delicate to be dressed get a bunting

She does not accept cash donations, but donations of wedding gowns, lace, flannel and other supplies are accepted.
Front range Angel Gowns

They are also looking for volunteers to help with this project.
edit on 30-11-2015 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2015 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
What a wonderful service she is providing more power to her

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
What a very nice selfless gesture. Brought tears to my eyes when I had first heard this story, as no parents should have to have a loss of a child, but at the same time am happy she is bringing comfort to the families.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
That is amazing of her. It must be a very hard job emotionally.
Wish i could shake her hand.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

whatever thats creepy make it out of anthing why wedding gowns sounds creepy man

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Yeah...totally understand the intention behind repurposing wedding dresses but I have to agree it's little creepy.

I had a similar experience while looking up examples for a wedding speech. As the best man, I had no clue how to write one so I was searching for samples but quickly realized anything related to wedding is way too personal and can't be repurposed easily.
edit on 7-9-2016 by johnsonb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I guess I don't see how it's creepy? Wedding gowns are made with lovely materials and represent in a broad sense innocence. Nice lady.

top topics

join