It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Rejects Meeting With Erdogan At Paris Climate Conference

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Much earlier today (EST), on my Twitter feed, I read that Erdogan stated in Paris he is willing to step down if it can be proved that interests in Turkey are buying stolen Syrian oil from IS. He wants to see proof. Sputnik has quoted him as well in an article on their website.

RT

Sputnik

Don't freak because I included links from those websites!

I'm waiting to see what happens. Yesterday when I posted in one of these threads about my revulsion at the kind of duplicity being exposed (not that it's news to me) as in concerning oil being stolen from Syria by IS, trucked to Turkey to be sold on the black market and other countries doing it, too, I was thinking about Erdogan's mother. I have no idea who she is or if she is even alive. If she is alive and not corrupt, I was thinking she should have a stern talk with her son about this. If I was his mother I would be horrified and ashamed at what he or Turkish officials have been accused of covertly doing, not to mention the grandson. I could see in my mind her ripping into her son about this corruption and giving him the tongue-lashing of his life.

I don't blame Putin for refusing to speak with him in Paris.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telos

Putin snubs Erdogan in Paris as pilot's body returned to Russia

Moscow (AFP) - Russian President Vladimir Putin snubbed a meeting with Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan in France on Monday as the body of a pilot killed when Ankara downed one of Moscow's warplanes returned home.

Turkish authorities meanwhile again pledged not to apologise over last Tuesday's downing of the Russian jet on the Syrian border...

Putin Rejects Meeting With Erdogan At Paris Climate Conference

As it was suspected, Putin rejects meeting with Erdogan at the Paris Climate Conference. This is again another message from Putin that he expects more from his turkish counterpart regarding the incident with the down russian aircraft the and killing of one of the pilots.

Why should he vaste his time talking to a proxy?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

Much earlier today (EST), on my Twitter feed, I read that Erdogan stated in Paris he is willing to step down if it can be proved that interests in Turkey are buying stolen Syrian oil from IS. He wants to see proof. Sputnik has quoted him as well in an article on their website.

Even Sputnik does not say what you claim he said. You used (and possibly RT, I don't bother with them any more) used the phrase "Turkish interests." Erdogan did not use that phrase. Here is what Sputnik says he said:

In response, Erdogan denied that his country buys oil from Daesh, and called Putin's comments "slander."
"We buy from Russia, Iran, Azerbaijan, Qatar, and Nigeria. We won't accept such slanders," he told reporters in Paris.
He also added that he will resign from office if the allegations can be proven.

"The accusation that Turkey allegedly buys crude oil from the Islamic State is unacceptable, and to say it is amoral. You can't just say things, you need to present evidence," he said. "If documents exist — let's see them. If this fact is proven, I will not stay in my position."

sputniknews.com...

This may seem like a fine point, but the expression "Turkish interests" is actually broader than what is conveyed by the word "Turkey." Erdogan is referring to companies doing business with the official approval of the government; "Turkish interests" could extend to criminal gangs of Turkish nationals operating off-shore.

Erdogan lists the countries that Turkey obtains oil from; these include Iran and Azerbaijan. As a tanker roles across the border, how can anyone be certain that it's not from Iran or Azerbaijan if the driver has papers that say that it is? You might try to claim that this is a case of "plausible deniability," and you may be right... but you can't prove it. That''s what makes it plausible deniability.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Merinda

Why should he vaste his time talking to a proxy?

Erdogan is not a proxy, he is now a contender. Putin had to snub him to make it appear he is the one who needs to be appeased.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join