It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Accused of Slapping Teen Relative for Not Wearing Muslim Headscarf

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

This is more of a cultural thing where Middle Eastern men abuse women and treat them as second class citizens. Islam is often their excuse, but this might not apply to all Muslims.

I was clear in my OP and subsequent posts to say Middle Eastern Muslims, because it is their degradation of women specifically that disgusts me.

This should outrage anyone who is a father, a husband or even human.
edit on 2015/11/30 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Klassified

i think everyone should be "all over it" because it was done by a man to a women. i see no reason to bring religion in at all.

On the first part of your statement, we can agree. But any religions that are misogynist in their teachings need to be ridiculed. We are in the 21rst century. Religious teachings that oppress women need to be publicly exposed for what they are. Even if it isn't PC to do so.
edit on 11/30/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/30/2015 by Klassified because: oops.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Well if that is the case, then those who participate in that type of culture- to me- are sick. Perhaps it's so foreign of a concept to me because I wasn't raised with that mindset or in that type of society.

I'm a mother... I only have a son, but if I had a daughter, and anyone ever put their hands on her.... Especially another family member......But I suppose that would never happen because my family doesn't participate in that kind of cultural experience.
Hopefully that young woman is able and willing to press assault charges. I realize she is a minor so if she can't I hope that SOMEONE in her family has the decency to stand up for her and help her with the court process.

-Alee

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

i 100% agree!

"I was clear in my OP and subsequent posts to say Middle Eastern Muslims, because it is their degradation of women specifically that disgusts me."

i guess it's the "specifically" part that disgusts me.

ALL degradation is horrible in all forms, religious or otherwise.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
umm... I once babysat for a girl that had two girls. her husband was out of the picture, never new him. I grew concerned over the treatment that the little boy was giving out to the girl and spoke to the mother about it...
turns out that the boy was in counseling and well, the mother confided in me that not only did he have a habit of taking a belt to the girl occasionally when he saw her doing something he thought was wrong, but also his mother....
just like daddy did.

one of the famous preachers maybe robertson, not sure, awhile back received a letter or text from someone asking for advice. seems like his wife was being a tad bit obstinate about some things and he just couldn't control her. the preachers advice was that maybe they should move to a country where physically disciplining the wife wasn't illegal....

well, my friend's husband ended up paying a nice price for breaking the laws concerning spousal and child abuse, a nice little jail term and a divorce.
and well, thanks to the long battle that our mothers and fathers fought in times gone by, it's illegal to abuse a child, or a wife. and well, if this guy wanted the freedom to beat the heck out of his niece over a headscarf, guess he and the rest of his family shouldn't have moved here.

but, I have a feeling that if we seem superior to the islamic world in any way it's more because we are ruled by a constitution and laws that are aimed more at protecting people's liberties and freedoms instead of dictators and monarchies the were created by western powers in an attempt to undermine those horrible communists of years gone by. if it was up to the religions women would still be degraded to second class citizens unable to own anything, having our paychecks made out to our husbands who are still able to rule the house as if they were the king of the castle.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

The fact is that women are oppressed in the Middle East and Islam helps perpetuate this problem. I am surprised anyone would want to defend this practice and I further believe we should shine a light on this systemic abuse of women that is too often ignored.

Seeing that they are pouring into Western countries either as refugees

or more likely immigrants.... They had better take on board *that women

in the west are not second class citizens and there is a law against

abusing them in any manner.

Women may be family even extended family but they are not their

personal possessions to exercise control over, that women too have

'human rights' and the law in western countries will protect them.

That is the custom men have had ingrained in them from birth that women

are second class/servants/slaves (lol..that's a word that will resonate with

many here on ATS) and they are going to have to realise they cant bring

that custom with them!

edit on 30-11-2015 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

We should all give him a safe space and accommodate his cultural differences. Stop oppressing Yousiff. Don't deny him his culture.

Anyone should be given the freedom, respect and space to practice their religion and live their culture. That's not equatable to be given free reign to break the law, you're injecting absurdity into an open shut case.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

i think everyone should be "all over it" because it was done by a man to a women. i see no reason to bring religion in at all.

Difference being a man doing it in western countries know they are

doing wrong... and that it has consequences.

Men brought up in the eastern culture believe *it is their right*

edit on 30-11-2015 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

This is more of a cultural thing where Middle Eastern men abuse women and treat them as second class citizens. Islam is often their excuse, but this might not apply to all Muslims.

Or even strictly Muslims at all, whether from the ME, UK, US or Africa.

Is It OK For A Christian Husband to Gently Beat His Wife?

I forwarded the following suggestion to the community:

“…sometimes in marriage the grave and solemn responsibility to politely tell the wife to be quiet and stay in her place falls upon every husband.

Being fickle and temperamental, women do not always respond to gentle words so at times a swift, backhanded slap across the face must be applied to them. This usually gets their attention and sets order straight.”

Now, I expressed the seriousness of such a situation and indicated that when cause arises, where a man must put an uppity feminist acting wife in her place, that the actions should be loving, kind and swift; much like the wrath of God when he warns you to stop sinning.

Unfortunately, some liberals out there got the wrong idea and suggested that I promoted some form of sot-ridden domestic abuse, one even having the audacity to suggest I’m ‘a drunk barbarian hick masquerading under the guise of educated morality’.

There is nothing drunk or barbaric about God’s law.

Christian Wire

ETA: Added link.
edit on 11/30/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This whole story stinks there are more unanswered questions than answers.

Rather that derail the thread go here to see why www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

there are plenty of accounts of little boys raped by priests.

Whilst that is shocking! and never right it is historical abuse

that was never believed or a blind eye turned to it. It has now

been acknowledged and hopefully stopped.

But it is still going on in areas which are mainly Muslim look up

the *Dancing boys of Afghanistan*!

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
I have never read in the Bible that it is ok for any Christian gently beat your wife. If it is in the OT it was for the Jews in Israel not Christian's today.

the Bible is written for us but not everything written is to us.

It is like reading a letter addressed to John Smith that he won the lottery. Then you Able Citizen try and go collect the lottery. The notification was not for you so it can't be applied and you can't collect it.

edit on 30-11-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

Religious extremism against family members is nothing new:

Christian kills daughter for converting to Islam

Both acts were disgusting, but what made you choose to single out the Muslim?

Anyways, the relative in your OP has no business near that child, or any other children for that matter until he learns to realize that not everyone is going to follow the same beliefs as him.

Shame. This guy could have just waited and her fellow Muslims would have done the job for him.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

a reply to: knoxie

what's your real motivation for this thread, op.

Systemic abuse and degradation of women by Middle Eastern Muslims.

I made that clear in my OP.

Don't get sucked in M. If a Christian man had done this, everyone would be all over it, likely including me. I hate to admit it, but the double standard exists right here on ATS.

you just noticed....................

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

a reply to: real_one

The fact is that women are oppressed in the Middle East and Islam helps perpetuate this problem.

How exactly does "islam help perpetuate" this? Where in the Qur'an does it say you should beat your relatives if they don't wear a scarf?

Why do you always claim things without knowledge? That, btw, is strictly forbidden in islam - i.e claiming something without first completely verifying its truthfullnes.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

a reply to: real_one

edit on 11/30/2015 by whatnext21 because: Changed my mind

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Klassified

what's your real motivation for this thread, op.

Systemic abuse and degradation of women by Middle Eastern Muslims.

I made that clear in my OP.

Don't get sucked in M. If a Christian man had done this, everyone would be all over it, likely including me. I hate to admit it, but the double standard exists right here on ATS.

you just noticed....................

I've noticed it more since this Muslim thing has been made larger than life by the media, and it needs to be called for what it is. I'm not going to beat one up, and ignore the other. Islam is not a "special snowflake".

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Bloody coward he is...slapping a 14 year old girl over that also?.
He will get ten fold in prison.
Lets not pretend it doesn't happen in every faith because it does.
Morons...they should let their kids grow up and then decide If they want to be in their special club....but no they will not do that because If allowed to grow up without being forced into their religion they would not choose any religion.
Can people not see religion is horrid towards women it gives cowards like this guy the excuse to hit and treat women badly.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

i didn't read one post that defended this mans actions.

simply pointing out that muslims aren't the only ones who degrade women. i think that's a slap in the face to any women who has received abuse.

it's wrong period! and, i'm all for shining the light on the abuse, I'd just prefer we focus on ALL abuse.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Lets not forget the many bettered men by women also! (I must have a face women love to batter).
All abuse is wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join