It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Accused of Slapping Teen Relative for Not Wearing Muslim Headscarf

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Youssif Zaghwani Omar was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of felony child abuse after Columbia, Missouri, police said he became irate seeing his 14-year-old relative at Hickman High School without her hijab — a traditional Muslim headscarf — the previous day.

He then grabbed her “very violently by the hair,” pulled her down a flight of stairs, allegedly slapped her face and pulled her into his car by her hair, police said.

A now-disabled video on Omar’s Facebook page shows him giving an academic presentation in Hawaii during which he describes himself as teaching foreign languages at the University of Missouri, Columbia, where he’s an “assistant professor.”

This guy sounds like a class act.

Apparently this guy will beat his female relatives if they don't submit to his religious ideals. I think this headscarf is just another way that women are oppressed by Middle Eastern Muslim men.

I hope he spends some time in jail where he can be dressed up like a woman and forced to wear female clothes against his will. Maybe he will learn to keep his hands off of women.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Religious extremism against family members is nothing new:

Christian kills daughter for converting to Islam

Both acts were disgusting, but what made you choose to single out the Muslim?

Anyways, the relative in your OP has no business near that child, or any other children for that matter until he learns to realize that not everyone is going to follow the same beliefs as him.
edit on 30-11-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Notice how when its a Muslim doing this it becomes a newsworthy story.

Last year one of my male cousins got into a argument with another female relative and in the heat of the argument totally lost his head and slapped her so hard she fell over. Not the most popular guy in the family now as you might expect.

I am sure most families can recall a incident where something has happened like this or know of a family where it has happened.

Jeez just think of all those "white trash" wife beaters....

This is only a story because its about a Muslim which really does tell you all you need to know. Sure this guy is a Muslim who is going around beating his female relatives because of his crazy ideas just like Frizl was a white man who abused his relatives because of his crazy ways.

I hate articles like this because they are not really about a man abusing his female relatives but rather they are about bashing Muslims.

This article is not about the horrors of domestic abuse as it should be rather its about how nasty those "evil" Muslims are isnt it OP?
edit on 30-11-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Apparently OP has never been to a Catholic school.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Poor Yousiff, he probably thought it was normal for him to beat up a female, a niece at that.

We should all give him a safe space and accommodate his cultural differences. Stop oppressing Yousiff. Don't deny him his culture.

I demand that all of Columbia MO undergo mandatory sensitivity training.

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Well, it didn't take long for the PC and double standard folks to jump on this. Women are second class citizens in both faiths. So this is just as news worthy as any other religious nut doing it. Christian crazies have been reported here countless times. Islam shouldn't get overlooked because it's PC to do so. S&F OP.

edit on 11/30/2015 by Klassified because: grammar

edit on 11/30/2015 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Youssif Zaghwani Omar was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of felony child abuse after Columbia, Missouri, police said he became irate seeing his 14-year-old relative at Hickman High School without her hijab — a traditional Muslim headscarf — the previous day.

He then grabbed her “very violently by the hair,” pulled her down a flight of stairs, allegedly slapped her face and pulled her into his car by her hair, police said.

A now-disabled video on Omar’s Facebook page shows him giving an academic presentation in Hawaii during which he describes himself as teaching foreign languages at the University of Missouri, Columbia, where he’s an “assistant professor.”

This guy sounds like a class act.

Apparently this guy will beat his female relatives if they don't submit to his religious ideals. I think this headscarf is just another way that women are oppressed by Middle Eastern Muslim men.

I hope he spends some time in jail where he can be dressed up like a woman and forced to wear female clothes against his will. Maybe he will learn to keep his hands off of women.

I think its a good start. The women that are still being oppressed by their husbands in this fashion need an eye opener and realize these men shouldn't be able to beat on them. I'm all for them freely practicing their religion, but some parts to it seem very barbaric IMO.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

In essence, a man hit a woman...

Deplorable for sure but "news" worthy?

Theres a clear agenda.

The US needs a constant enemy to justify the hundreds of billions spent on the war-for-profit industry ie the Military Industrial Complex. They need an excuse to diminish our rights and to spy on the American people.

With the fall of the Berlin wall and the break up of the USSR, the "Red" scare has been replaced by the "Brown" scare.

And its working, regardless of the fact that these groups (Al-CIAeda, ISUS etc.) are extensions of Western intelligence.

False flags are easily staged. And you know what, its working.

People are peeping around corners and the hate mongering is at an all time high.

Sad and disappointing that the masses are so easily manipulated.

edit on 30-11-2015 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Well, at least she wasn't beheaded or stoned to death.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one

The fact is that women are oppressed in the Middle East and Islam helps perpetuate this problem. I am surprised anyone would want to defend this practice and I further believe we should shine a light on this systemic abuse of women that is too often ignored.

edit on 2015/11/30 by Metallicus because: Fixed SP

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

was the fight your male cousins had with the other female relative due to a religious rule that she wear some rag on her head to hide her beauty in a attempt to force modesty?

there is a big difference, here in the states we still have some rights.

in four years if the girl really wanted she could take her parents to court over being forced to cover her face, let alone her uncle who kicked her a@@ for not wearing one.

you know i'm not sure but i'm willing to bet that she could do it now if she wanted.

edit on 30-11-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
i was slapped by a nun in elementary school because i didn't have my hair pulled back properly. this was a catholic school. just sayin..

not that i agree with what this guy did, but muslims aren't the only ones doing stupid.
edit on 30-11-2015 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

there are plenty of accounts of little boys raped by priests.

what's your real motivation for this thread, op.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

you and your folks should have filed charges against her. or at the very least gone to the school and raised some holy hell.

edit on 30-11-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Systemic abuse and degradation of women by Middle Eastern Muslims.

I made that clear in my OP.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Systemic abuse and degradation of women by Middle Eastern Muslims.

I made that clear in my OP.

Don't get sucked in M. If a Christian man had done this, everyone would be all over it, likely including me. I hate to admit it, but the double standard exists right here on ATS.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

OH!

big of you.

silly me, i thought you were fueling the flames, my bad.

carry on, i'm sure you'll find many examples of intolerance. sad, you've decided to select one group of people to admonish.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

i think everyone should be "all over it" because it was done by a man to a women. i see no reason to bring religion in at all.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
'because he is a muslim this thread should not be posted.' - some people on this forum.
Whats next? Denying this stuff happens? Islam must be the best thing for women it seems, as no one may critise it!
And lets not change the subject immediately (literally the first reply) shall we. The PC of some people nowadays...

I hope the fella loses his position as he clearly is incompatible with modern values and should - under no conditions- be allowed to teach (and influence) youngsters.
edit on 30-11-2015 by DeusImperator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Klassified

i think everyone should be "all over it" because it was done by a man to a women. i see no reason to bring religion in at all.

except for the fact that it was religiously motivated?

Lets just ignore the 14 year old girl that was beat up and dragged by her hair into a car.
edit on 30-11-2015 by DeusImperator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I suppose I'm not educated enough on Islam and it's practices to have an opinion on that directly, and so I do not HOWEVER; I find it so sad that people feel they have the right to enforce things like this in a violent manner.

I'm speaking on any religion here, any religion that requires any garment to be worn, or any practice to be followed.... If it is broken, in my opinion that is between the worshiper and the God(s).... Why any mortal human would think that they have the right or the authority to harm another being over something like that.....

-Alee.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join