It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the World so Screwed Up?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Will this ever end ?

At the risk of oversimplification, I would like to propose that there is one pattern that characterizes most, if not all, of these disturbing problems: They all stem from a dualistic orientation.

What I mean by this phrase is a mindset that envisions a world of you versus me, us versus them, self versus other. A dualistic orientation is one that focuses on our differences instead of our similarities, promotes arbitrary divisions at the expense of social cohesion, neglects our interdependence by nurturing our sense of independence, and fashions a deeply polarized world where if you are not with us (or like us) then you are against us (and therefore, we are against you).

www.everydaysociologyblog.com...

This rant comes
Looking at this forum .. and the potential of a peace forum platform .. intelligent people .. yet even here we can't agree on one single thing

that quote be the change you want to see .. how do things remain same or worse ..

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Politics and religion.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Because we are merely just a primitive life form who have just recently gained a niche for intelligence, or 'higher consciousness'... The species Homo Sapien, still has a long way to go, before we will be able to claim true enlightenment.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up imaginary reasons to kill one another.

Stephen King edited
seriously .. closet monsters designed to keep dividing us .. When will this crap stop lol

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Why is the World so Screwed Up

Politicians, banks, lawyers, oil, extreme wealth, extreme poverty, religion, dynastic bloodlines, CFR, Trilateral commission, The Military / Industrial complex, military might being used to enforce corporate oligarchies policies of destroying sovereign nations infrastructure and long-held social structures for oil & gas reserves resulting in killing innocent civilians, Monsanto, , Hollyweird and relentless propaganda disseminating the policy of keeping citizens pitted against each other in as many different labels and categories as possible.

Just off the top of my head.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

yes

this is the era of self-transcendence ..

In their different ways, psychoanalysis and behaviourism had dehumanized our understanding of ourselves and what it means to be human. In the middle of the century which had brought us Nazism, Communism, mechanized warfare, systematic genocide and Mutually Assured Destruction, psychology was unintentionally providing a scientific “justification” for such horrors.

to

Many people are under the impression that the hierarchy of needs stops there. Not so. For while studying people who operate at the level of self-actualization, Maslow noticed that many of them frequently have, and deliberately seek, some other kind of experience. Something extraordinary.

Maslow termed these peak experiences. They are profound, life-altering moments of love, understanding, happiness, bliss. They are moments in which one feels radically more whole, more completely alive, more aware of truth, beauty, goodness, and so on.

tnx for reply .. it's frustrating to not see this accelerating or even worse when we go backwards ( like above going back to fighting about politics and religion) ouch

edit on 30-11-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

This is the key link to your answer you are looking for .

edit on 30-11-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I was thinking the other day how BTS is a sign of the times, I use to turn here to relax and enjoy reading less intense things than appeared on the main board.

In the last say year almost every post is religion, or a rant. or something miserable in general chit chat.

Never was like that, was really quite enjoyable to hang out here.
Now not so much.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
original version of the first video above: Volans (lightworkers)

youtu.be...

The most beautiful visual art video on youtube

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I said the same thing
So someone told me let's create something more collaborative fun and loving to bring people together

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Oh the Jesuits, right! Nailed it

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I used to ask myself that question every day. Then that question became too much of a burden, so I started hula hooping as a distraction so I wouldn't become so overwhelmed with what a # hole some of the world is.

You'll likely never get the answer from me, all I can say is I try to be a good person and I take care of me and my family and friends to the best of my ability. I'll help a stranger out here and there if I have the means and the time. That's about all I can do at this point to contribute to a nice society.

-Alee

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

thank you for the sweet reply

You wrote hula hooping as I am listening to song : the spinning plates

While you make pretty speeches,
I'm being cut to shreds
You feed me to the lions, a delicate balance
And this just feels like spinning plates
I'm living in cloud cuckoo land

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Why is the world so screwed up?

Ego.

Plain and simple. You can like blue and I can like red and all is good as long as we respect and protect each other's choices and free will. It's when one of us decides that only we have the right/best answer -- ego -- and judge others accordingly, and/or force our will on others that there is a problem.

Ego.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
You can like blue and I can like red...

No, yellow.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly
Will this ever end ?

At the risk of oversimplification, I would like to propose that there is one pattern that characterizes most, if not all, of these disturbing problems: They all stem from a dualistic orientation.

What I mean by this phrase is a mindset that envisions a world of you versus me, us versus them, self versus other. A dualistic orientation is one that focuses on our differences instead of our similarities, promotes arbitrary divisions at the expense of social cohesion, neglects our interdependence by nurturing our sense of independence, and fashions a deeply polarized world where if you are not with us (or like us) then you are against us (and therefore, we are against you).

www.everydaysociologyblog.com...

This rant comes
Looking at this forum .. and the potential of a peace forum platform .. intelligent people .. yet even here we can't agree on one single thing

that quote be the change you want to see .. how do things remain same or worse ..

Yes and No

We live in a "dualistic" universe, everything is just 1´s and 0´s, + and -, yes or no, ying or yang, its all just waves
If you want to experience light, you first have to stand in dark - how else would you know what it is? The same goes for everything else, if you want to experience love, you have to know what hate is - if you want to experience movement, you first have to stand still - EVERYTHING
So everytime we experience something, we create the opposite - the goal is to unite

So we have to be divided, before we can unite

The "outside" world, is a reflection of your "inside" world, and vice versa
In "Your" world, you see things a certain way, have a certain belief system, which you believe to be true, and it is true as long as you believe it to be true
You see the problems in the world, so you can create the opposite
You control the power to change the reflection, in short - be the change, you want to see in the world
You surroundings will mimic your actions, and the reflection will change

But remember, lifes a journey, not a destination - so try to enjoy it, you might as well get the best out of it

Hope this gives somekind of meaning
Peace
edit on 30 11 2015 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Its written in the New Testament that Satan rules the world. Thats one tidbit that I wholeheartedly agree with.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
All good men and women must take responsibility to create legacies that will take the next generation to a level we could only imagine.

~ Jim Rohn

Oh did I say .. I can only expect this type of response on Ats I wouldn't want to be talking anywhere else .. you people are so yummy

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
evil exists within each and every one of us.
it's an innate part of what it means to be human.
you cannot escape it.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up imaginary reasons to kill one another.

Stephen King edited
seriously .. closet monsters designed to keep dividing us .. When will this crap stop lol

I'd say it's even worse than that. Even though many people are indeed violent & negative, that's only part of it. The worse part (to me) is that the people who are not violent, divisive, and generally d-bags get mocked for being "naive", "weak", "meek", "cowardly", "spineless", etc. And people act like they want warmongering "warrior" leaders, as opposed to diplomatic, friend-making leaders.
edit on 30-11-2015 by enlightenedservant because: spineless not spinless

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join