It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-ageing drug could let you live to 120 in good health

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Been On Metformin for type 2 about three years now...

I know I sound like a broken old 33 RPM disc as I repeat myself with this, but try to go keto. It work very well for type 2 diabetes.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sovaka
a reply to: Willtell

What makes you think they haven't already got a similar more advanced drug?

What makes you think that the 'elite' you have been shown is actually the puppeteers?

The elite we know truly aren’t the real elite

Only this worlds elite who control to some level our material ecosystem

The real elite....They are called the elite of the elite

Hu knows hu is the elite of the elite

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I don't like this.

Thinking about this makes me really really miss my home planet. It's a bit crap and it has a lot of problems, but the people are badass. They accept that things like death will happen, a lot more easily than people in my current haunting grounds in Australia. I don't mean to criticise or anything, but.... well, not long ago I had to go to hospital to see a neurologist because I have abnormal brain waves yet clear MRI results, I'm a walking mystery, and when I was there... ah man, I saw so many really old people, being wheeled about by younger relatives, and all hooked up to various tubes and equipment, hair falling out, eyes barely opening, wheezing breaths, unable to get out of bed or stand up unassisted and I thought, I ever become like this, bullet in head please.

How much many is taxpayers paying for this? Free healthcare is fantastic here, but I cannot help but think, maybe that money would be better spent on other things, rather than extending a person's life beyond its natural span. In that hospital, I got the impression that the relatives of these old people just did not want them to die, like they could not accept that great unknown abyss that claims us all.

People need to die. Yes it is true that this planet can support a much greater population, but that would require a major shift in global politics and economics in order to achieve appropriate distribution of wealth and resources. Because we can, does it mean we should? I mean hey, maybe I could live to 120... and I'd be old, and wrinkled, long retired, a drain on society. What is the point of living so long? This is well past reproduction age. It is selfish to hoard life like that, death is scary but I see no point in delaying the inevitable. Maybe it will give you more time to see the world? I'm 26 and have been all over like a frantic cockroach, if I can do it so can everybody else. Especially westerners, I think the average wage in my home planet is about $700 USD a month, there's no excuse for being lazy and waiting until you're 110 to visit Amsterdam or whatever.

Or maybe I just have a deathwish, I dunno. I'm going to go smoke some more menthols.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Although it might seem like science fiction, researchers have already proven that the diabetes drug metformin extends the life of animals, and the Food and Drug Administration in the US has now given the go-ahead for a trial to see if the same effects can be replicated in humans.

How old is this? I've been taking Metformin for years now.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

The hidden elite and corrupt world leaders will probably steal this drug once they make them announce it doesn't work, so they can have it for themselves and let us all die and they live to 200.

If they give this out to us then believe me they have a drug to live to 500 for the elite

This is a much more likely theory. Or they will allow some reduced form of it to the public but keep the good stuff for those who can pay for it.

Me, I'll be happy to not have to put up with their sorry elitist asses once I'm gone anyway. So if they want to hang out and f*ck each other over and stab each other in the back for a thousand years I say go for it. They all deserve a long life living with people just like themselves. Selfish, greedy, sociopath A-Holes.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Don't be so sure about that. The human bodie's carbon output is a main concern. They would rather have that done away with in the future as opposed to bodies living longer.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Metformin? I know quite a bit about that drug from studying it's actions on the cellular level. It may extend cell life a little because it clears the receptors, but it doesn't extend telomere length nor does it stimulate cells to repair themselves correctly. At least it is not an expensive drug.

On the flip side, it can give you the runs which can lead to loss of electrolytes and minerals, I know a few people with that reaction. It also interferes with sleeping, having a similar effect as taurine which is a similar acting medicine. Now if you can't sleep, you don't heal well.

Neither of these two symptoms will show up and start being a problem till after say three months or so. I sure wouldn't take this unless I was having insulin resistance. You could wind up with a hypoglycemic event which can be dangerous and cause an accident if it happens at the wrong time.

People who want to extend their life may actually shorten it.

It is a good medicine for treating type 2 diabetes for most people but not all people.
edit on 29-11-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

No, sorry. Just speculating out loud.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I've been taking my maximum dose of Metformin for years now - 850 mg 2 or 3x a day (any higher dose gives me the runs).

Perhaps that's why people think I'm 10 years younger than I actually am? I thought it was hereditary 'cause my dad & mum also look younger than their friends (to me only, perhaps) and they aren't diabetic.

Didn't know about sleep issues from it (thanks rickymouse) I often sleep really lightly at night, waking early and then might snooze during the day.

edit on 30/11/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
it will only be for the wealthy.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I heard recently that they've been testing collagen-generating pills on lab rats. Apparently the collagen is then the same in old rats as in adolescent rats.

Not sure where I heard it so it's just rumour.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly

Been On Metformin for type 2 about three years now...

I know I sound like a broken old 33 RPM disc as I repeat myself with this, but try to go keto. It work very well for type 2 diabetes.

Why? Is that a better anti-aging drug?......

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
According to the Bible, didn't people live (then) for 6 to 700 years?
Am I wrong?

What if the Bible isn't a story about the past, but rather a post-apocalyptic prophecy of things to come?
What if the stories in the Bible haven't happened yet?
The reportings of spacecraft in ancient writings was actually us or us from a few generations away...

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Why? Is that a better anti-aging drug?

Not that I'm aware of, but that depend of your definition of anti-aging and drug.

If avoiding scrapping your pancreas is part of your definition of anti-anging then yes.

Ketogenic diet work well to cure diabetes type 2 but be aware that when I say CURE it is required that you stay on the ketogenic diet. You stop it and the problem get back. If you want to try it, then hurry-up, if your diabetes worsen to a type 1, then you are no longer allowed to be ketogenic, I'm aware of some peoples doing it while in type 1 but it is very dangerous. Ketogenic diet is simply a drug free way to control your glucose back to a normal level without wearing your pancreas.

A ketogenic diet while in type 2 will bring back your blood level of glucose to normal and maybe slighly lower than normal (a good thing) but it shall NOT be combined w/t metformin as you will goes too low on glucose (your body depend on gluconeogenesis for glucose production in a keto diet).

If you want more info, check some of my old thread on carbs and post a message there to reactivate it, I will reply there.

Back OT, if there is any anti-aging resulting from metformin, it is probably the reversal of the condition hyper glycosis. High level of blood glucose is what will make you age faster than normally. It is probably the leading cause of vascular damages.

Why do you think diabetes is associated with amputation, cancer and blindness? The answer is high blood glucose level.

edit on 2015-11-30 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

That's a strange one as the list of side effects of Metformin are quite long. Basically its synthetic "Goats rue" something tells me it wont come to much.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Here is a much more detailed article about the OP subject.

There is some incredible detail in there that answers many of the questions asked in previous comments.

news.sciencemag.org...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: gazzerman

Pollak has demonstrated what he and others see as the key effect, which may trigger the other benefits of the drug: It inhibits oxygen consumption in mitochondria, in effect turning down the cell’s metabolic thermostat. “When a furnace is burning,” he says, “it’s heating up and it’s cracking and it begins to degrade. When you keep your house at a lower temperature, your furnace is going to last longer.”

One of the finest bull#ting ever heard of...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Rapamycin was the most impressive. “It has advanced to the point in which we not only know it extends life span,” Sierra says, “but more importantly, it extends health span.”

Metformin, the drug the group ultimately decided to take to FDA, was not among the compounds that starred in the animal trials. But it has both a promising history and a long, reassuring track record.

Interesting choice?

His colleagues agreed, sometimes reluctantly. “Rapamycin would have been my first choice, because the animal results have been so spectacular,” Austad says. “But Nir said, ‘We can’t afford in this first trial to kill anybody.’ And I thought, ‘Strategically, he’s right.’”

edit on 5am334334America/ChicagoTue, 01 Dec 2015 05:01:59 -060012am12 by gazzerman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrPlow
According to the Bible, didn't people live (then) for 6 to 700 years?
Am I wrong?

It also says in Genesis 6-3
And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Think the horse has bolted for that if true.

Its a common anti diabetis Drug that you can get for 10p a tablet.

Dirt cheap and common. To late for them to control it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join