It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-ageing drug could let you live to 120 in good health

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Life extending drugs and therapy are most likely available now in some form. The problem will be what's about to happen in Paris when Climate Change fanatics meet up to discuss how to "save the planet."

The world's first anti-ageing drug will be tested on humans next year in trials which could result in people being able to live healthily well into their 120s.

Scientists now believe it is possible to stop people growing old as quickly and consign diseases such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's to history.

Although it might seem like science fiction, researchers have already proven that the diabetes drug metformin extends the life of animals, and the Food and Drug Administration in the US has now given the go-ahead for a trial to see if the same effects can be replicated in humans.

If successful it will mean that a person in their 70s would be as biologically healthy as a 50-year-old.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

Again, the problem with this will be Climate Change fanatics. They already think humans are a cancer to the planet and the last thing they will want is a growing population. In fact, if they could get rid of a few billion people that would help "save the planet."

I hope they slow down the ageing process and my kids and grand kids have a lifespan of 120-150 years of age or longer. I doubt it though, because the corrupt world leaders love Climate Change because they know they can control the consumption of resources and things like how many babies you can have, what you can eat and what you can drive in the name of "saving the planet."

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

The hidden elite and corrupt world leaders will probably steal this drug once they make them announce it doesn't work, so they can have it for themselves and let us all die and they live to 200.

If they give this out to us then believe me they have a drug to live to 500 for the elite

edit on 29-11-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure "climate change fanatics" understand that a large population isn't the problem and wouldn't pose any problem if changes were made to how we industrialize the world.

As far as the drug, I think it is just the beginning. Adults alive today will see their generation's life expectancy drastically increase. Your kids and grandkids may never die of old age at all.
edit on 29-11-2015 by Abysha because: spellinz

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

The hidden elite and corrupt world leaders will probably steal this drug once they make them announce it doesn't work, so they can have it for themselves and let us all die and they live to 200.

If they give this out to us then believe me they have a drug to live to 500 for the elite

That's a good point and I wouldn't be surprised if that happens.

edit on 29-11-2015 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Read the Dayworld Sci-fi series of books by Philip José Farmer. There are 3 books. The whole premise of the series is based on this idea.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

If this drug becomes real, it will not be for everyone. It will be owned and sold only to the wealthy. You and me and our kids will never be allowed to get near it. That is after, after people like us have been used as the guinea pigs in the human trials.

You say that CC fanatics think humans are a cancer to the planet. I think that the rich see the rest of us as a cancer on their garden and would just as soon be rid of us all. These corrupt world leaders you think love Climate Change don' give a hoot about CC. They will find a way to control things CC or not. If that doesn't work, they will find something else.

And believing that there are not those in high places who wish to control us with Anti CC propaganda is just as shortsighted as those who cannot see what you are pointing out.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I've begun to suspect that long term global underpopulation is a real problem that may be currently under consideration by international think tanks and political/industrial advisers.

This could be a step in the right direction to fixing this issue. Like others, I do think we won't be seeing the widespread application of drugs like this for quite some time, perhaps even centuries, but with regard to the eventual survival of humanity and the necessary climb of progress, it's a good start.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This would also have HUGE implications regarding space and possible inter-stellar travel if we can increase our lifespan to survive the trip! Really exciting!

Thanks OP S n F

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
LOL déjà vu, again...

Metformin - Wiki

Metformin decreases hyperglycemia primarily by suppressing glucose production by the liver (hepatic gluconeogenesis).

Metformin and other biguanides may antagonize the action of glucagon, thus reducing fasting glucose levels.

Another very good inhibitor of gluconeogenesis is simply ethyl alcohol.

edit on 2015-11-29 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

They should put restrictions on these types of "treatments", only to be used for life-threatening illnesses and certain circumstances. It shouldn't be abused, but it will likely just be unattainable unless you know someone or are loaded anyway

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Metformin you say?

:Looks over at the bottles of 1,000 mg he takes twice a day for his type 2 diabetes:

Y'all stick around for the next 20 years. I'll let you know if I still feel like I'm almost 50 by then.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Just another overhyped anti-aging product.

For a reason not understood, anti-aging product that have miraculous result on worm and mice never give nearly impressive result (if any at all) on human.

Remember the study on mice treated with C60 and showing incredible life extension?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
this one's not so good. forgot why heard of it earlier in the year a little research showed issues with some of the studies. i think we're on the verge of some antiaging superpill, but this one isn't it.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
1. Buy long term health insurance, I mean LONG TERM...

2. Invest in Long term health care, Investment Goldmine!

Was contacted about this over a year ago. Seems Alzheimer's is now classified as a Type 3 Diabetes if my memory serves, so the mention of Metformin(which has been discussed in great length here on ATS in the past) does not surprise me.

GREAT thread!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
As already mentioned by posters here, Metformin is actually one of the most common drugs used to treat diabetes. Research going back as far as the 1980's also indicate that Metformin has very good cancer fighting properties. I included it as one of the drugs in my thread titled The Ultimate List of Experimental and Alternative Anti-Cancer Treatments.

Researchers at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine have found that a commonly prescribed diabetes drug kills tumor cells that lack a key regulatory gene called p53.
Results from current studies in mice may result in new therapies for a subset of human cancers that tend to be aggressive and resistant to existing treatments.

Additionally, the findings open up a new avenue for targeting cancers whose hallmark is the absence of this regulatory gene.

The Penn team reported their findings last month in Cancer Research.

"This is the first time you can show that tumor growth is impaired by a diabetes drug," says senior author Craig B. Thompson, MD, Director of the Abramson Cancer Center and Chairman and Professor of Cancer Biology and Medicine. "It is specific for tumors that lack p53, which is the most common mutation in human cancer."

More than half of all human cancers have lost the p53 gene. Yet even in an era of molecularly targeted therapies scientists have had trouble figuring out how to compensate for the absence of a gene. Unlike a genetic mutation that changes the function or activity of a gene, which can be inhibited by a well-tailored drug, loss of a gene leaves nothing for the drug to target.

Thompson and his team, however, have been accumulating evidence over the last several years that p53, best known as a regulator of cell division, controls several metabolic pathways in cells. For potential cancer therapies, that means a drug that affects pathways controlled by p53 could help control p53-deficient tumors.

Significantly, the regulation of metabolic pathways by p53 is also influenced by metformin, the most widely used diabetes drug. Metformin activates the metabolic enzyme AMPK (AMP activated protein kinase), which exerts changes on cellular metabolism by affecting p53 function. Two observational studies already show that diabetic patients who take metformin have a lower rate of cancer diagnosis and mortality than other diabetics.

Metformin kills some cancer cells

edit on 29/11/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

What makes you think they haven't already got a similar more advanced drug?

What makes you think that the 'elite' you have been shown is actually the puppeteers?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Unresponsible

I've begun to suspect that long term global underpopulation is a real problem

interesting. Will you share your references on who these industrial advisers and think tanks are?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Research going back as far as the 1980's also indicate that Metformin has very good cancer fighting properties.

"It is specific for tumors that lack p53, which is the most common mutation in human cancer."

Another nice smokescreen to hide behind an awfull lot of complexity the fact that it is the lowering of glucose in blood that fight cancer.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Must be a wonder drug for those that would WANT to live that long.

With the way things are going, I hope I'm worm food by 60

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I'm not too worried about the climate change whackos.

Now the Social Security Crowd? They would worry me. Been On Metformin for type 2 about three years now...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join