It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Fargo" treating UFOs and alien abduction as reality

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
So imagine my surprise when they released a TV show that takes place in an alternate timeline, one where the Nazis and Japanese won the war... (the man in the high castle). Pretty good show too.

I read that book (The Man in the High Castle, by Phillip K. Dick) about 25 or 30 years ago. I remember liking it and thinking it would make a good movie.

I have Amazon Prime, and have been watching the series a couple episodes at a time. I'm too busy to binge-watch at the moment.

edit on 11/30/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I was looking for anything alien-related in last night's episode, and, sure enough.
I wondered if anyone else noticed it? You really had to look...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Is this show another 98% drama and 2% scifi?

Sounds like many here approve it,so I will check it out.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Yes but at least its not supposed to be a Sci Fi film, too many series pretend to be Sci Fi's and end up being Coronation Street with a mostly forgotten sci fi plot

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
Is this show another 98% drama and 2% scifi?

Sounds like many here approve it,so I will check it out.

It is ZERO percent science fiction as far as I can tell. The alien abduction aspect is not science fiction.

And yes, it is a terrific show, check it out!

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Season 2 is massively boring. Forced myself to watch through the first few episodes but couldn't do it anymore

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OhOkYeah
Season 2 is massively boring. Forced myself to watch through the first few episodes but couldn't do it anymore

Lol Oh Ok, sure it is. It's not only one of the very best television shows, it is better than any movie in theaters right now.

SPOILER ALERT! - The only UFO content in this weeks episode was hard to spot, you really had to look.
In the bar where Honzee shot the bartender, on the wall above the bar were alien symbols from one side of the bar to the other. Interesting.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: trueskepticnumberone

Fargo is Absolute class, Great storylines and great acting. We need more tv of this standard.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

edit on 3-12-2015 by paulmac because: posted twice

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not but in season one, Lorne Malvo(Billy Bob Thornton) is actually satin and if you pay close enough attention(you really need to watch the series twice) theres heaps of little hints. Only after the season finale do you really get the whole picture Therese lots of stuff on the web to help people out: overmental.com...

And im guessing the same thing is happening in season 2 with the UFO, only after the completion of the season will the UFO plot will make sense and will be allot more important than people realize.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I must tell ya....

I agree 100% that this is the best show and I love this season more than last!

In regards to last ep. I absolutely clocked the signs along the top of wall above bar... however, i assumed it was native indian symbology, due to the fact that just before he enters the bar, the indian reads a sign that says how some native was hanged (executed) at that spot back in the 1800's.
although it doesnt make sense why bar owner would dedicate anything to natives being so anti! so ur probably right and its symbology connected to the big black triangles!
i actually find it kinda insane to be writing about big black triangles on a 'Fargo' thread.... this stuff usually stays exclusive to the aviation forum.

to Fargo producers for finally bringing big black triangles to the public attention!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
SPOILER ALERT!

Wow! Monday's episode, the penultimate episode, did not disappoint on action, acting, or aliens!

The great scene where the flying saucer saves Patrick Wilson....!

As far as flying saucers in public media go, this was a better-than-most depiction. Not perfect, but they got the important things right.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: trueskepticnumberone
SPOILER ALERT!

Wow! Monday's episode, the penultimate episode, did not disappoint on action, acting, or aliens!

The great scene where the flying saucer saves Patrick Wilson....!

As far as flying saucers in public media go, this was a better-than-most depiction. Not perfect, but they got the important things right.

Here is the scene.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Terrific scene! Although it may not be exactly fair to shoot a guy in the head while he's being distracted by a flying saucer, in this case I'll make an exception. After all, Bear did shoot his own niece, and cut off a guy's ear and fed it to a dog. We are led to assume that the flying saucer has a real interest in that family, which is interesting.

The visual depiction of the saucers was good, they had different sections spinning in different directions, which is correct, they had lights around the center ring, although those lights are most often red.

They always tend to make any alien ship needlessly complex when in fact they are usually quite simple, I call it the 'star wars syndrome', because Lucas made all his spaceships ridiculously ornate and ostentatious.
So this flying saucer was a little overworked, with what appeared to be vents that had something to do with exhaust or propulsion, too many clearly defined sections to the hull, that sort of overworking to the design you find in most "modern' depictions of flying saucers. The funny thing is, the flying saucers in the 1950s movies were far more accurate than what you generally see today.

I did like the way they had water dripping off the hull of this saucer, we are led to think that the ship was probably hanging out in the nearby lake.

Bravo to FX, the Coen brothers, and writer Noah Hawley.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
bear was a monster. it took a hit to the head and then just raged out. that ufo saved solversons life.
i cant wait for the finale. i think there is going to be either a kick ass showdown with honzee and solverson or a bunch of crazy # will happen and then peggy will take out honzee.
pretty impressed with ole meth damon this season. he is doing a real good job.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
bear was a monster. it took a hit to the head and then just raged out. that ufo saved solversons life.
i cant wait for the finale. i think there is going to be either a kick ass showdown with honzee and solverson or a bunch of crazy # will happen and then peggy will take out honzee.
pretty impressed with ole meth damon this season. he is doing a real good job.

Jesse Plemons, yes he's great in this, but I'm still mad at him from Breaking Bad.

The greatest scene is the series so far was when he was staring at the alien ship and says to his wife, "Are you seeing this??"
And she replies, "It's just a flying saucer, hon. C'mon, we gotta go!"

Love it.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Yeah, that line at the end had me cracking up.

I can't wait to see where they take season three. I'm sure it'll be another era, another place. Kind of bummed that means no more Patrick Wilson in the show. He's been nailing it this season.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
wait.....all these people calling this the first depiction of an abduction.......has NOONE seen x files?...on THIS BOARD of all places....

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: myth420
wait.....all these people calling this the first depiction of an abduction.......has NOONE seen x files?...on THIS BOARD of all places....

I think the difference is that the X-files was a fantasy/ science fiction series, whereas Fargo is not.

The X-files was a joke, and the series did a great disservice to public understanding of UFOs and alien contact. Much more harm than good, in a dozen ways.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: trueskepticnumberone

originally posted by: myth420

I think the difference is that the X-files was a fantasy/ science fiction series, whereas Fargo is not.

The X-files was a joke, and the series did a great disservice to public understanding of UFOs and alien contact. Much more harm than good, in a dozen ways.

all of what you said is wrong.
Fargo is, as Xfiles was, a fictional TV series.
The rest is up to the interpretation of the writers and viewers.
I think you've been fooled by the intro to Fargo where it tells you it's a true story. Based on. Ie a million miles from the truth.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a debunker of the triangle phenomenon, I just think myth420 had a good point: the X-files, and even more so Dark Skies, dealt with UFOs and cover-up conspiracy regularly and who can honestly say, with indisputable evidence, that the JFK assassination and Roswell incident were entirely science fiction?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join