It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI searching for armed anti-Muslim protester after Facebook threat to Muslim community in New York

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I understand the desire to make things true by sheer force of repetition, but he did not explicitly threaten anyone with violence in the video. Granted, he used threatening words and body language, and brandishing a weapon to do so is even more dubious, but he never explicitly crossed the line of the law, given that he did not state he was going to target mosques or individuals with violence.

Frankly I think he will be charged with threats, but if nothing comes of his rhetoric, and if the history of threats and free speech in law is any indication, it will end up being protected by the first amendment.

That being said, he is obviously a bigot and hate-monger.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
He doesn't seem any more extreme than some of the radical Muslim preachers all over the internet, many of them living in western countries. The thing about Islam is, their culture is one of extremes, so westerners don't consider them extreme even when they say extreme stuff. But westerners have higher standards for their own.

If anyone has seen the militant children's programming on palestinian television....

After Paris, London, Madrid, New York, Boston, is this crazy white guy really that crazy?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
A fake Gofundme account was set up to make it look like I was asking for $10,000,000.00 and further gave the media more ammunition to slander my name.

This was on HIS facebook page:

Source

He claims his Facebook was hacked as well. After the Az rally, he went TOTAL victim.

“Hackers have ruined my life,” Ritzheimer said on the video, in which he was shirtless and prominently showing off a red-white-and-blue chest tattoo with the words "Hard Knock Life."

“They’ve made fake Facebook accounts, fake GoFundMe accounts, fake — just all kinds of stuff," he said. "They’ve exposed my social. They’ve exposed everything about me, credit cards — you name it. They’re playing dirty.”

But he also appeared to have deleted at least two references to the campaign that previously appeared on his Facebook page.

On Monday, TPM got screenshots of those two posts. The first one, which was published on Sunday, contained a link directly to the GoFundMe page.

What a punk!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

He said he would drive by mosques and get pictures of himself flicking them off. Then he said if anyone tried to attack them they were ready to defend themselves. He didn't cock his gun and say "I'm coming for you". NOT a terroristic threat.

Like I said in my original reply, I agree that this guy is a moron, and agree that in NY he better be extremely careful how he travels with that firearm. I don't know about AZ, but NY definitely does not have reciprocity with my state. The only time I've had a firearm in my vehicle is when I flew into Buffalo to drive into Canada for a turkey hunt / IDPA competition. Even then, they had to be locked, cased, and in my trunk and my final destination could not be NY.

I was really only commenting on the inaccuracy of the thread title. This dude made zero terroristic threats in that video. He did highlight his means and willingness to use a firearm in self defense.

I also think the irony is kind of funny, and highlights his lack of intelligence. "All Islam is a threat / terrorist, but they call me a terrorist just because I am a gun owning white conservative... how dare they"

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Haven't seen those posted yet, but it looks like this is the same person who hosted the "Draw Muhammad" competition in Phoenix.

Yeah, that's the same guy... A real sweetheart. I hope the FBI finds him... He can't be very smart, as advertising his intent means more people are going to be looking to stop him and many have "upped" their own security. Muslims have guns, too, Jon...

I was all for the "Draw Muhammad" competition. Too bad one of the leaders of the competition turns out to be extreme.

Muhammad really needs to be made fun of ALOT more. At least until Islam is brought down to the same level of fair-play that other religions are on in this country.

When South Park is very hesitant to make fun of something, then you know something is wrong.
edit on 29-11-2015 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

I understand perfectly. . The problem that I see, is the flag in so many of his pictures (the one my father, brother and Grandfather died for........

I believe he may have been more successful with his campaign had he chosen his delivery and words/actions MUCH better. Now for some he is a hero, and others just another X-military delta-bravo....

Besides, who advises the 'enemy' of one's actions? Fail.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yes. Just putting it out there. He does not represent me (or my idealism I have) or that beautiful flag in the background; )

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Oh, I know... Or at least I figured as much. I was just posting something contrary to what he said, and it happened to be in your post.

I notice his FB post said, "We will make this country great again!" I wonder if he's a Trump supporter...
edit on 11/29/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I guess perception is everything. I do hate repeating myself so let's agree to completely disagree.

The FBI views him as threat. Case closed.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Of course he is. Their views go hand in hand.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Is this the guy that inspired ATS's own Draw Muhammad thread?

It's not often that I don't agree with the ATS owners, but upon reflection I now feel like that was an unusual thread to promote and I wish it didn't happen now. (not sure where it is though now, can anyone help me find it please?). I'm pretty sure it was a ATS moderator, possibly SkepticOverlord? I'm genuinely interested on how they feel (the op) on the subject now, and if they have changed their mindset at all?

I wonder if anyone now feels different about posts they made in that thread and got sort of whipped up in the 'fun'? I can't even remember if I joined in, but if I did I now wish I hadn't done so. I know I toyed with the idea in my mind at the time.

Islam needs to be guided to some safer modern reforms, poking fun with cartoons in my mind now is not an answer. It just leads to anger and more hate sadly, we need to be working at togetherness.
edit on 29-11-2015 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

This thread, created by a now banned member? www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looks like SO fully supported it.

edit on 29-11-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

Yes he is, we can't excuse extremism because of other 'worse' extremism.

Hate begets hate.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

The draw Mohammed contest wasnt all that bad in principle, don't think it was all that bad SO got behind it.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
And in 2 weeks he has done nothing?? I do believe the hacked part.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Yeah that was it, thanks. It wasn't skeptic then that made it, but yeah he supported it. I guess I probably also did at the time too. Felt like a peaceful, fun protest. At the time... I just know I feel quite different about it now, I just want to bring us all together these days. I think I'm changing my outlook a lot on things these days.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Doesn't matter to me, one way or another, who supported it. I was just relaying the information asked.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I was in NY late 70s on 42nd st and watched a group of Muslims hassle a christian street preacher who wouldn't back down. Muslim, one of the group, pulled a gun and waved it around. And then later started shooting, cops swarmed the place. Told christian to get off the street, they owned the street ect ect. That was 1979.

edit on 29-11-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Because your story is totally relevant to this thread? NYC in the 1970s is night and day to what it is today.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Great anecdotal story that proves literally nothing.

I could say I was there too and it didn't happen like that.

Because I don't believe that happened at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join