It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationists, may I ask you...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
...why do so many of you not believe in evolution?

I honestly do not get it.

Evolution: Based on data that can be observed and tested.

Creationism: Based on an ancient book that has been consistently translated inaccurately and which contains several errors

I'm not looking for:
-defensive replies
-prolonged debate
-trolling
-rude behavior

This is an honest question and if it some how offends it, then I'm sorry...that you are so easily offended. But seriously, if anyone here can give a good (i.e. logical and valid) reason as to why creationism makes more sense (i.e. is more correct, not is easier) than the theory of evolution, I'd love to read about it.

BTW, if this has been answered before, pardon me. I'm not about to go through thousands of posts which are invariably interspersed with a bunch of bickering.
edit on 29-11-2015 by scorpio84 because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: scorpio84

Just to let you know...

Creation/ID is about how life started/began.

Evolution is what happened after life appeared to get everything where it is now.

2 separate arguments that have nothing to do with each other at all.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
whats inaccurate about creationism?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: scorpio84
BTW, if this has been answered before, pardon me. I'm not about to go through thousands of posts which are invariably interspersed with a bunch of bickering.

S+F for adding to the pile. Hopefully this one turns into an entertaining one.

Short answer to the OP though: Faith.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kvaughn
whats inaccurate about creationism?

What's difficult about sticking to the OP and answering the question?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

So, you are saying that creationists believe in evolution? If I'm not mistaken, evolution tries to understand the "how" and not the "why." If creationism doesn't concern itself with the "how" - what's all the big fuss? Ah, that's right...

creationists tend to absolutely REJECT evolution and think people walked with dinosaurs.

Even those who are not that extreme think things like God just willed DNA into existence instead of it evolving over a very long time. After all, it's not like we are clueless as to the composition of DNA.

No, I want a solid answer to the question put forth in the OP.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

S+F for adding to the pile. Hopefully this one turns into an entertaining one.

Short answer to the OP though: Faith.

Appreciate it! Unfortunately, I'm already seeing that people are unable to simply answer the question. It's like people don't really read the OP - or have the same attention span as my 2 year old.

Faith - interesting. But why faith in something intangible and for which zero evidence can be found, either physically or logically? We'll find out, I hope.

My guess is we will get these type of repliers:

-The "personal choice" replier
-The "why don't you?" replier
-The "unable to understand "tangible" if it hit them in the head" replier

Creationists, amaze me.

link   

You got one. They are unrelated.

A lot of scientists believe we are in a simulated universe. That is a form of creationism.

Do you know what that word you're using means?

link   

So, you are saying that creationists believe in evolution? If I'm not mistaken, evolution tries to understand the "how" and not the "why." If creationism doesn't concern itself with the "how" - what's all the big fuss? Ah, that's right...

creationists tend to absolutely REJECT evolution and think people walked with dinosaurs.

Even those who are not that extreme think things like God just willed DNA into existence instead of it evolving over a very long time. After all, it's not like we are clueless as to the composition of DNA.

Not all creationists reject evolutionary theory.

Evolution also doesn't exactly say how DNA was created. There are a lot of theories. One of which is creation (science hasn't discounted it).

I will agree that quite a lot of creationists reject evolution (Young Earth theorists) and literal word bible followers.

I still find it amusing and somewhat infuriating (yes at the same time) that so many creationists reject evolution and vice versa.

But really, they have nothing to do with each other. The sooner people realised that I believe the sooner we would have way less problems in the world.

link   

Because you asked for a reson that would accord with logic.. i doubt that the fundies will play ball.
That team doesnt use logic in the game that they play.
The guy who said faith was at least honest. But faith is not logical.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
When has Speciation ever been observed and tested???????????????

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
When has Speciation ever been observed and tested???????????????

You might want to have a read of this article

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If you wan't to know every aspect of the young earth creation model just search youtube for Dr. Kent Hovind.

The way one can believe in creationism, as opposed to the big bang/Darwinian evolution theories, is quite simple. The rejection of Darwin and the big bang is the logical conclusion of a literal interpretation of The Bible. To permit the validity of those particular scientific theories within Christianity requires either the relegation of large portions of The Bible to the symbolic or the inclusion of poorly supported extrapolations of the scripture (e.g. the gap theory).

The Bible warns through the apostle Paul in 1 Timothy 6:20 "O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called"

We would therefore conclude that any theory which contradicts The Bible to be summarily false.

How it's false, I think falls outside of the realm of Christianity. We're supposed to walk in the spirit; and while I think many Christians are coming from a good place when they seek to debate the evolutionist the world was well established in false and unbelief long before Darwin.

To me personally the proof offered by science is of zero account. Whether they are lies or merely incorrect conclusions the surety of their non validity is a product of faith. The Bible tells me in 1 Corinthians 1:27 that God chooses the foolish things of this earth to confound the wise and the weak things to confound the strong.

Also I would venture that the majority of those who are creationists also belief in the doctrines of both biblical preservation and inerrancy.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Read it.

Of course, there's no way to know if these paths will converge at some point in the future or are even completely distinct now. Another chance event on Daphne Major could cause the new finch lineage to begin interbreeding with the local population again. And blackcaps may never evolve differences beyond a slight change in wing and beak shape.

A layman may be fooled.

It'll take more than that to convince me two different species evolved from one.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Okay...then I will change the wording of the OP to reflect this new insight

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

For me it is two arguments - Creationists believe that there was someone/thing that started the universe and put the pieces together so that life could begin or evolve however you wish to put it and that is something hard to argue you with, because it is simple maths which is Universal.

Nothing plus Nothing = Everything that is was and ever will be -

That is impossible so what was there before, science says nothing and some turn to the multiverse theory that one universe gave birth to the other but even then you have to remember that at some point there must have been the first universe or the second universe so the same question is there - What was before.

Because Maths is universal and one of the languages that Scientists would use to contact alien life (NASA) it is correct to use maths to help finish the debate in a sense - So there has to have been something/one who created the very universe because you cannot have nothing put with nothing and have yourself an entire universe.

Personally I believe that the universe is intelligent that it knows we are here that it has always been but it isn't sentient in the sense that we would understand, that is is sort of like a Hive mind and that it is what gives us our inner voices our consciousness (Science cant explain) and that when we die, when it's all over we return to the universal hive mind and if we're lucky get to return again.

You should put the two in the same category now that I'm thinking about it - Something created the universe and put things in order so that life could begin and evolve allowing life to reach out and inhabit the universe. I mean it's actually a standard thing right, I cannot be the only person who realises this.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

All you've done is shown you've completely misunderstood what was shown to you. The thing you are quoting is in reference to future changes, not past changes.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: uwascallywabbit

I think he's an atheist...imagine that.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
As Wakeupbeer stated above: Faith is your answer.

Creation isn't so much the problem, anyway. The argument between creationists and evolutionists is what god created, as opposed to what evolution observes. Most creationist's believe we were created just as we are today. Evolution says, we evolved to what we are today. Hence, your point of contention.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

are even completely distinct now.

Misunderstood?

Really.

All you did was distract from the question I asked...

Observed & tested!!!

Speciation hasn't been or it would be worldwide news.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join