It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The game of life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Whether you know it or not, there is nothing more important than the ability to think clearly and rationally. I ask only that you reserve judgement until you've watched the video completely. While I have no problem with snarky comments(and inevitably they will occur on this thread,) I ask that they be kept to a minimum. This thread will be exclusively about the content of the video, with exception to the survey below. It would be best if this video is approached with rationality and class. Relax and enjoy, you just might learn something. I'll chip in the discussion when I can.

www.youtube.com...

Ps. Doing a little survey. Would anyone like me to make a series of threads on basic logic? Not trying to be condescending, its just many on ats could use it and I think it would benefit lives.
Pss. An apology is due to those whom I was debating on my previous thread, Thanksgiving and college got my time. Just PM me if you want to keep corresponding about it.

edit on 29-11-2015 by Thetan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Someone spent a bit of money on this. I'm ten minutes in and it's a tad interesting.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I think trying to live like a game is a great philosophy to live by. It means you'll never take life too seriously. Just a game with the challenges any good game presents. Life would be boring without the challenges it presents.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

Watched the video. It is very superficial.

Enslavement = freedom ? Problems = happiness ?

Looks like the perfect recipe to start a cult. Oh, wait..

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I'd star gosseyns post some hundred times if i could.

On the topic, i found the video irritating. It was probably made for different audience. I watched the video to the very end, altho had to skip couple minutes due to irritation.

I found out, in the very end, that i could order the DVD if interested about that train of thought the video is pushing. (See gosseyns post)

Also, scientology was mentioned several times, if i understood correctly. Not cool.

The amount of stock video/photography, not cool.

Like i said, i found it irritating. Wouldn't order the DVD.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

This is a gross misrepresentation. Scientology detests all forms of enslavement and the video never mentions enslavement. Problems don't equal happiness, it's saying since life is a game there must always be challenges for you to overcome in order to be happy. Besides that, it's saying that "problems" are only one variable in a happy life, it isn't the end-all-be-all of a happy life. The video is not saying "enslavement= freedom" and "problems=happiness."

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

Speaking of irritation, it really irritates me when someone attempts to promote an organized religion's viewpoint without mentioning that is what they are doing in their post. There are a couple JW's on here that continuously do that here as well as others.

It is disingenuous, sleazy and really reduces my respect for the group the poster is trying to promote.

It would have been far better to have ID'd the link as Scientology-based, then argued the logic behind it. You would have gotten some close-minded replies, but so what?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I'm not watching a propaganda video. But I will say that some eastern religions refer to life as we know it as a play and all of creation is really the same being acting out different parts, as one might make puppets interact with each other.

That being said, I look at life as a type of game. And I've gained a lot of XP in couch sitting and Internet surfing.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thetan
a reply to: gosseyn

Scientology detests all forms of enslavement....

Except when it comes to it's own members...what kind of people/organisation thinks it has the right to tell someone who they can be friends with?

Not to mention that you will be given a wealth of secret knowledge...if you can afford it.

top topics

join