It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you in group number 4?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: droid56

Group four also despises thanksgiving no?

And carrier bag charges......

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
but rather we are to become Christ and free ourselves and show the way to others.

Christian - Christ twin. Thomas, or Didymos, means twin. The intro to The Book of Thomas the Contender is worth a read:

The savior said, "Brother Thomas while you have time in the world, listen to me, and I will reveal to you the things you have pondered in your mind.

"Now, since it has been said that you are my twin and true companion, examine yourself, and learn who you are, in what way you exist, and how you will come to be. Since you will be called my brother, it is not fitting that you be ignorant of yourself. And I know that you have understood, because you had already understood that I am the knowledge of the truth. So while you accompany me, although you are uncomprehending, you have (in fact) already come to know, and you will be called 'the one who knows himself'. For he who has not known himself has known nothing, but he who has known himself has at the same time already achieved knowledge about the depth of the all. So then, you, my brother Thomas, have beheld what is obscure to men, that is, what they ignorantly stumble against."

Which is exactly the same Hindu teaching of Atman and Brahman
edit on 29-11-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
a reply to: Raggedyman

Are you Christian?

A dangerous question these days, sadly.

Can you define "Christian", please?

To the OP:

I believe in the possible....that which defies what the mortal mind can ascertain to exist. Open mind, open heart, accept that we do not command knowledge.

Live a life without
1. wanting what others have
2. despising others for any reason that suits you
3. demanding more from all
4. harm
5. prosylatizing your beliefs on others. Your path is yours alone.

Which of your groups are correct for me?

edit on 29-11-2015 by NewzNose because: correction

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

The last sacred text I read was "bring tp with you. We are out."

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
screw the groups, look it's easy. most of the educated know now that religion was a political tool and corruption of teachings of decent people. nothing wrong with setting some rules, having a decent code, developing a philosophy that helps you and others. screw religion.

anecdotal what? most of the stories of afterlife reincarnation telewoowoo nonsense are damned stupid. you get an understanding of the depths of the subconscious and quirkiness of the human psyche, all that blubber seen for what it is, something to feed on for the lazy minded fools.

i don't care about it. it's irrelevant. people can have their fairy tails for a need to feel they will survive death, i'll keep on working on building more monies to partake in the advancing tech maybe outlive most of the chumps. ain't nothin in this cosmos lasting forever. had a good run, sayanara.

no group here, just a guy that doesn't bother with the nonsense. doesn't mean i rely on the empirical 100%, but i'm not buying poor reasoning mixed with anecdotal reports cuz am lazy and stuff. the monies, i mean why not? don't care for the media telling me go this way, buy that... majority flow one way, you gotta go another, contrarian only way to the top or anywhere close to it.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I hate these kinds of self congratulating, ego driven, short sighted threads.

I don't wish to be part of any of these groups thanks.
edit on 29-11-2015 by b14warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I am almost alone in a small group number 5.

We are non-religious "people" who due to experience and remembering and many other reasons, know that neither the physical or non physical plane are all that is.

And we are much more than open minded searchers for the truth, we actually find it, and are amazed at how badly damaged and messed with ALL planes of existence are.

This group finds that group number 4 will most likely not be of any assistance at all, because they lack a critical component, I.E. "POWER" that can be utilized to defend oneself while preparing a possible fix for the myriad of scum who have slowly and inevitably made things almost unbearable in any realm.

We like group 4, but do not have time to say much to them, other than, quickly strive farther than your "open mind" thinks it can.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteHat
LOL I was sure you are in the group no 4, because "our" group is the best group, "our" way is the best way.

I'm in no group, never was. This allows me to change my mind whenever the needs come.
All these groups belong to one category : the seekers of truth.
My personal hope is to become a finder.

As long as you "hope" to find it you certainly will not be able to, no power is found in it, Ultimately.

You must KNOW that you will, which "feels" like hope but is so, so much more.

Time is up for seeking, only finding is what is important, this is NOT a Journey.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Passerby1996
If you see fit, I want to propose a fifth group on this list ...

Group 5

The fifth group hasn't really made up their minds about the issues concerning the other four groups and just wants to make the most of what they're given. Sometimes they might want to enjoy mind-numbing reality television. Other times they ponder religious ideas and scientific concepts. And then, at times, they aren't afraid to look outside the box. These people realize the fact that you can never perfectly fit another person into another's viewpoint of humanity, for it's not just the similarities that make us human but the differences as well.

Ahhh nice, I should have read farther, this Group 5 as you call it is a Group that does not realize it is just as badly controlled as the religious.

Truth has no personality or viewpoint when it is fully outside the "box".

Ponder away, it has never amounted to much....possibly the most "Inside the Box" group ever, is the ones with this viewpoint, as amazing as that sounds.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
What group doesn't really care but is amused by all the drama?

What group just likes to work, enjoy family and friends and the occasional martini?

What group doesn't like to be put into a group?

That's where you'll find me.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I have people in group 1 that are part of me
I have people in group 2 that are part of me
I have people in group 3 that are part of me
I have people in group 4 that are part of me

But I still don't belong in one of them

I am everywhere

I am Dumbass

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Primary colors are beautiful things....but once you perceive the full spectrum of possibilities it's kinda hard to just stick with those same three colors for every piece of art you wish to create. Ergo, pigeonholing is a start, but nowhere near an End.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
"I wouldn't be a member of any club or organization that would have Me as a member...."

- Groucho Marx (no kin to Karl)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I can't find myself in any of these groups
would you like to add a few more please

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I am on a journey. I belong to a group whose opinions and beliefs are forever changing and evolving. As new information becomes available, we assess it then we choose to accept, discard or hold on to it for further examining. Often with the acceptance of new information, and sometimes without, we assess old opinions and beliefs and are willing to discard those that have been proven false or harmful.
The people in my group often do not agree on the same beliefs and opinions at any given time. What we all have in common is that we are on a journey, a journey to discover the truth. That journey looks very different for each individual.
If one person tries to claim they have found all the answers, they are no longer in our group, because when you stop looking, you lose sight of the truth.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I'm in 1, 2 and 4... and quite happy about it.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

But they are not willing to accept anecdotal accounts of experiences that fall outside of our understanding of what is real.

This came up recently in another thread, to them empirical first hand knowledge must be had or experienced at a personal level or it can never be believed. Yet I don't need to see electrical current moving through the wires to know that it is there, I don't have to get out an electrical tester to prove it. If I hear a fan and see something blowing from wind I don't need to see the actual fan.
edit on 29-11-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I would say that I'm in this arbitrary "group 4," but not because of any real personal experience as much as acknowledging that there is enough not understood about our reality and enough odd happenings that indicate that something "else" (or coexisting) is coexisting with us.

What that is, though, I'm uncertain.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
There is no way you could fall into group 4 if you believe there is more here than a physical plane beyond this life without knowledge of it, and there is no way you could know.

Religious beliefs haze your thinking, fear of death causes you to seek some comfort with the belief there is more than just here.

Death is only change as nothing and no one goes anywhere, ever.

I don't claim to know anything other than it seems nearly everyone is maybe .... mistaken ?....

...But who am I to judge?...

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join