It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious spiked baseball bats found scattered across San Francisco

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
It looks artistic in a way. Besides there is a big difference between aluminum nails and a studded bat drilled with nuts n bolts. In my opinion its for sure some kind of statement.

Those are Galvanized lag bolts for screwing large pieces of wood together, that will do more damage than anything. Meant only for very serious wounds.

Looks like some group wants their weapons put in place as they are too much to carry around.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
Looks like some group wants their weapons put in place as they are too much to carry around.

Yes, that makes sense.

We'll just leave our weapons in plain sight for everyone to see for some undisclosed amount of time until we come back to pick them up.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Since when are spiked baseball bats equivalent (in some stupid metaphorical way) to freedom? Unless you're wanting to be "free" in some kind of Mad Max world where might makes right, which wouldn't surprise me on ATS.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadeWolf

Since when are spiked baseball bats equivalent (in some stupid metaphorical way) to freedom? Unless you're wanting to be "free" in some kind of Mad Max world where might makes right, which wouldn't surprise me on ATS.

If you see Clubs as tools use to fight, then for that to be shackled means your ability to fight is being shackled. And if your ability to fight is restricted than your freedom ultimately is shackled.

And if you can't read that then am I afraid you can stop bitching about it..

edit on 29-11-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Very odd, indeed.

The chains do look long enough to make the bats useful as a weapon, at least in range of the poles to which they are chained. I'd love to know how many were found, if any, in places with a camera aimed at the location. All considered, I'd bet none. Whoever did this, and it's likely not just one person, they'd have probably scoped out the areas, and used locations where they could get them placed without being caught on camera. If not, they'll likely be apprehended in short order.

The reason is the real question. Art? I don't think so. All the pics I have seen show very similar altering, with spikes. Does anyone have a source for any that don't look like weapons? A statement? More likely, though what it is is hard to say. I do think it's possibly connected with them closing the gun stores in SF, though what message is meant to be conveyed is less clear. Some weird LARPing thing? Locate and list all of the bats, before the cops collect them? Maybe. As likely as a statement of some sort, really.

I wonder if any were used, as in bloodied.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Wasn't it a Halloween Simpsons where Lisa got rid of all the earth's weapons and then fights broke out with planks of wood with a nail in them? Then the aliens conquered with an even bigger plank and nail?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

originally posted by: ShadeWolf

If you see Clubs as tools use to fight, then for that to be shackled means your ability to fight is being shackled. And if your ability to fight is restricted than your freedom ultimately is shackled.

And if you can't read that then am I afraid you can stop bitching about it..

Agreed, this is totally metaphoric art, not thugs staging stuff (rotfl, get out more, plz)

To me, there's the immobile object each item is chained to. Probably representing law or authority, something rigid & inflexible. The chain should be self-explanatory. The bat could equal you as an individual, the bolts could signify along the lines of growing agitation or anger.

Potential felony aside, it's actually pretty cool. If people would just use the mush between their ears & think about it, that would be great. The beauty of interpretive art is it really sheds a lot of light on the inner most thoughts of the viewer than anything else.
edit on 11/29/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Is this in response to the last two weeks or so that the campaign for gun control has been kicked into high gear again? Culminating with Obama's recent statement that made a headline on ats's homepage which was along the lines of, "enough is enough it's time for gun control." Maybe an artistically and politically motivated fellow or lady who wants to make the point that citizens will make sure to make arms available to all to fight against those who try to spearhead an all out sweeping up of firearms in a particular community? I know it's reading into it a lot but they say great art can speak many messages to all different types of people and me...well, I've been stuck lately on the constant thoughts of how far the military would follow gov orders...if the good men and women of the armed forces again will actually allow the just following orders excuse to lead them to murder under an honorable guise, would law enforcement stop the feds from revoking the second amendment? But most of all my thoughts are, how far BEYOND already gone too far must our governing body go before people physically take to the streets and march to jaol those involved in the nepotistic rape, murder, abuse, and control we've witnessed for so long with no crumbs even left of checks and balances? Once again I know I'm taking this a bit far but hey if it is art I for one can say no matter what message it is supposed to evoke, it sure works on me to PROVOKE further thought

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
It could also be referencing the Key and Peele sketch "Text Message Confusion," for someone's post apocalyptic Jackie Robinson costume.

The spiked bat occurs at around 2:15 in the video.

So probably some kind of art performance like others have suggested.

-FBB
edit on 29-11-2015 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I could see it as a statment....or even just a really underground art piece.

Spent some time on the Haight back in the 90's...interesting collective of artisans-students-activists from all walks of life.

Fallout 4 is a big thing right now, so a lot of folks have their post-apoc on the mind. With all the talk of gun control and everyone being all a titter about removing one particular class of weapon, maybe it's a reminder that it's the PERSON wielding the weapon and not the weapon itself...hence the chains and public placement of the bats.

After all, we haven't heard about any yahoo's using the darn things for unsavory purposes.

That's what I'm getting out of it anyway.
Weird world man.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Stupid hipsters.
They're really taking things way too far in their quests to be "edgy, artsy and cool".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join