It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Blue Behind The Moon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Logman

never said it did, if you gotta poke fun at least say something halfway funny.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Boston is overcast, cannot check it out.

However, something similar to what you describe happened a few years ago to my brother and I. We were separated by Salem NH and Boston MA, and witnessed a blue and red color display around part of the moon. We could not photograph exactly what we saw and it was frustrating. We published here on ATS in this thread:

ATS: Check out the moon tonight....

Interested in any more detail that you have. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: tweetie

i wish you could to, at first i thought i was having problems with my eyes. ther is no one else at home so i walked down to the neighbors cause i saw their light on and they are they only people on our rd besides us and old frank said he saw it, but he thought that it kinda looked like it might go all the way around it.

I love stuff like this! I believe you. I might have to go look again.
I will bring my binocs!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I tried to look for it but there are heavy clouds where I love.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I have really good binocs and the sky cleared around the moon. Nada! It's not visible from my locale. Bummer!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Has its position changed since you first saw it?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

the second picture in your post here, www.abovetopsecret.com... sorta close.
it's like i said mine is blue and on the bottom right side. and looks more luminescent.

there another thread on here that has more what like i'm seeing, but it's not as close as like my attempt to illustrate it.

here's the thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

thanks for checking.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

thanks for checking.

It would be fun to validate something like this from multiple locations.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

maybe just a little higher, maybe like about halfway up now.

i'm starting to wonder if it's the way the light from the moon is reflecting. there are no clouds and you can see the stars with no problem even with the porch lights and driveway light on.

edit on 28-11-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

a reply to: charlyv

the second picture in your post here, www.abovetopsecret.com... sorta close.
it's like i said mine is blue and on the bottom right side. and looks more luminescent.

there another thread on here that has more what like i'm seeing, but it's not as close as like my attempt to illustrate it.

here's the thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks, Yes, similar as well. We were wondering if the moon reacted to electromagnetic disturbance from the Sun like aurora, but it could be an effect in upper Earth atmosphere that is causing refraction or aberation with the visual light reflected off the moon. That could make it a local condition. Always wondering.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Did you possibly witness Venus?

Tomorrow before dawn – November 29, 2015 – it’ll be hard to miss the planets Venus and Jupiter blazing away in the sky before sunrise

earthsky
edit on 28-11-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Is the air heavy with humidity? That can cause some odd effects to the light if you are in the right place.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

i don't think so, what i think is Venus and have been told was Venus through the years looks more like a star and is not like right up beside and behind the moon.

what i'm seeing appears to me to be behind the moon and you can see part of it on the right hand side.

i just same in from lookinfg ar it again and it seems to have gotten a little brighter, and is just about the same as when i replied to voidhawk.

edit on 28-11-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Get the free stellarium app ... type in your location see the night sky at the time of viewing in your location.

That may rule out Venus.

Let us know what you turn up.

edit on 28-11-2015 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Tomorrow before dawn – November 29, 2015 – it’ll be hard to miss the planets Venus and Jupiter blazing away in the sky before sunrise

earthsky

In the timeframe of this in North America, Venus is below the horizon until it rises very early in the Morning.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Vector99

i don't think so, what i think is Venus and have been told was Venus through the years looks more like a star and is not like right up beside and behind the moon.

Venus moves too, it's not stationary. Sometimes it cannot be seen at it's brightest because it is behind the moon. Venus has been mistaken MANY times for something it's not.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: Vector99

earthsky

In the timeframe of this in North America, Venus is below the horizon until it rises very early in the Morning.

I don't have any details to work with
AKA time, location. etc..

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

just check ed the weather to reply, humidity is high says 93%, wouldn't have thought it was that high doesn't feel like it. it's 61 degrees, i live in the panhandle of Florida.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Op what state are you? I'm in Ct and to much overcast. I looked on star walk II and it showed Gemini and Canis Minor both behind the moon now. Not sure what was up there when u posted try the app if you still see it. It will show all planets and constellations where ever you point phone.

a reply to: hounddoghowlie

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join