It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cards Against Humanity makes thousands selling absolutely nothing on Black Friday

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Cards Against Humanity makes thousands selling absolutely nothing on Black Friday

Bloody brilliant....

Ironically, I played Cards Against Humanity on Friday night with my children and parents. My mother had never heard of the game. While she was appropriately scandalized, I think she has become a secret closet lover of CAH...ha ha. In fact, she told me to go buy some extender packs and bring them to Christmas dinner.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Wow. I'm curious to see what the future announcement may be, but they have validated P. T. Barnum once again.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

It seems that the number of people with really low IQs is astonishingly higher than originally anticipated.

Careful everyone, idiocracy is just round the corner.
edit on 28 11 2015 by Ozsheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Another prime example of how brain dead society has become.

That would of been better spent on a charity or something.

Hell, I could of used it. To be honest I'm a little pissed off now that I didn't think of soaking a bunch of morons for $5 each.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Is this Cards Against Humanity a European thing? Never heard of it. Genius IMO, see if people will buy nothing, apparently they will.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Is this Cards Against Humanity a European thing? Never heard of it. Genius IMO, see if people will buy nothing, apparently they will.

No, it's a card game for horrible people....lol. Actually, it's a rather fun game to play with your twisted friends.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
In the last few years they're done shenanigans like this too. One year they doubled all their prices even.

The announcement to be?

I bet you a nice, shiny nickel it's that they've donated the money to one or more awesome charities. They're a pretty awesome company like that, and it's exactly what they've done in years past too.

Edit to add examples:
Time Magazine article on BF 2014
CAH stats from 2013
edit on 11/28/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added additional response.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Well that just makes it that much better! Honestly though, if they do nothing but pocket it, I'll say nothing but bravo good chaps!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It's very obvious that people knew they were getting nothing and the money would end up in the hands of a charity
Clever marketing strategy in my opinion

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Christmas sale, all this September, fabulous markups on famous brand copies!

Free "cha-ching" cash register sound with each purchase!

Hurry, limited time 'till the police shut us down!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I absolutely LOVE this game! We have it, but it's pretty hard to find people who are willing to play with us! LOL! It's kind of rough for some... I'm pretty "socially irreverent", though, so I love it.

originally posted by: ShadowLink
That would of been better spent on a charity or something.

They actually did contribute some to charities:

Among the charities that received donations: the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill ($803); Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains, whose Colorado Springs facility was attacked by a gunman Friday who killed four people there ($2,522); and the International Wolf Center ($1,971)

Source

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
As someone who is pretty non-politically correct I like this game.

We played it Saturday night with our friends after dinner and laughed our asses off.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yup. Some went to charity, some didn't. Looks like it was divvied up between the staff equally and they got to choose how it was spent.

Cards Against Humanity is known for our charitable fundraising - since 2012 we've raised nearly $4 million for organizations we love like Worldbuilders, the Sunlight Foundation, the EFF, DonorsChoose.org, the Wikimedia Foundation, and the Chicago Design Museum. We even started a $500,000 full-ride scholarship for women getting degrees in science.

There's been a lot of speculation about how we would spend the money from Black Friday, and we're happy to announce that this time, we kept it all. Here's what we bought.

The full list of everything each person bought and donated can be found at the link below.

CAH - Black Friday

Going by all they've done in the past, I'm okay with them having a bit of fun with it this year.

Attention Horrible Friends

Since getting together and actually playing a game of CAH wouldn't be entirely feasible, have you heard of Evil Apples? It's essentially CAH for smartphones. You can play with people on cross platforms too.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I absolutely love this game! Last year my wife bought bought me the Cards Against Humanity "12 days of xmas" gift pack, in which I received 12 gifts in the mail. Most of them were customized cards, comic books, etc. The last gift I received was a deed for 1 square foot of an island in Maine that CAH had purchased and renamed "Hawaii 2". The deed is non-transferable, but it grants me access to this private island...perhaps, some day, I will go vacation on my island. LOL

I think it is great they are donating the proceeds to charities. I can't wait to start receiving my 12 gifts this holiday season!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Only eight this year. They're celebrating Hanukkah this go around. They said it would be "quality of quantity this year" though.

Did you try those miracle berries from last year? They're pretty wild. I ended up buying more off Amazon. Also, parenting protip: If you have kids, and you need to give oral antibiotic suspensions, they work great. The oral antibiotic suspensions tend to be really disgustingly bitter. The miracle berries trick your tongue into thinking it's deliciously sweet, which works great for the little ones!
edit on 11/29/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixed typo.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I completely forgot about those berries. I'm going to look for them right now and then go eat some bitter things and enjoy the sweet flavor. What foods did you try them with? Which foods were the best?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Grapefruit, pickles, sour war head candies, cream and cottage cheese, and Guinness. I think there were others too. Maybe feta and goat cheeses, since we always have those around.

Guinness was by far the best. It's awesome to drink, both with and without the miracle berries. Grapefruit was really good as well, only way I've ever been able to eat it.

FYI, if you're on any medications that interact with grapefruit the miracle berry wouldn't stop that from happening. So I would avoid that one in that case.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

As someone who is pretty non-politically correct I like this game.

We played it Saturday night with our friends after dinner and laughed our asses off.

I bought a couple of extender packs which have some blank white & black cards. I Googled to get some ideas on what to put on these.....omg, I laughed my *** off. I'm going to have so much fun coming up with new ideas for the blank cards.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Never heard of this until now... sounds pretty funny and right up my street.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Omg...I nearly choked....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join