It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama urges gun control after Colorado Springs shooting: 'Enough is enough'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Background checks on private sales and online sales does not equal " gimme ya guns"
I hope mental health records become available to the agencies that do background checks, but what's the point If the crazy person or criminal can go around the background check? That's why we call it common sense gun control. That's why even most NRA members support universal background checks.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

They instituted various bans and limitations that do nothing but make politicians look like they did something. Even California has ccw program. Doesn't make them pro gun.

I did not know that, thanks..

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Most of you will never learn I guess. Calling the puppet
names, blaming the puppet. Who could end up like JFK if
he actually gave a crap about his promise to us. The best
thing he could try to do for us righjt now. Is try to take
'em by force. For there shall be so great a cry thru out the
land.

link   
Wow, they've created a real doozie here, terrorism on both sides of the Atlantic. I suspect a police state or full-blown war in the near future, maybe both. All to take our protection (guns) away and make us go to war in the Middle East again. All this stuff happening at once is very suspicious in my opinion.

link   
And it took Hillary even less time to tweet her support of planned parenthood, who I understand has pledged to give her campaign a good chunk of change. Less time than it took Obama to talk about guns.

Egads, man! Politicians doing what they do during and after literally every crisis ever? Will wonders never cease?!?

I'm shocked at people's outrage.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

That's why even most NRA members support universal background checks.

You gun control guys keep repeating this like its true...

Reaching that far must hurt your shoulder. Be careful.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

You don't live in the states. If you did, you'd have the right to own or not own a firearm. It would be your right. NOT a government allowance. If you don't like guns, I can respect that.

Different cultures and all.

But in our culture, we do appreciate that we have a right to own them, regardless if we actually do or not.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighFive

Background checks on private sales and online sales does not equal " gimme ya guns"
I hope mental health records become available to the agencies that do background checks, but what's the point If the crazy person or criminal can go around the background check? That's why we call it common sense gun control. That's why even most NRA members support universal background checks.

We have background checks, we have mental records on people and they cant buy guns, privet sales will not be stopped with a law, if we get that law only law abiding people will follow it, so that wont work..

Gun control is a failure, gun control kills..

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Not asking you to understand, you really don't need to. All I, as a very responsible gun owner, have ever asked is that you respect my right to own them. Understanding isn't necessary.

Mr. Obama is, as all too many are wont to do, blaming the tool, not the cause. Guns do not, and I know I'm starting to sound like a parrot, cause any of these issues...not one of them.

That there is a problem is obvious. Me losing my rights, or having them curtailed in any form, isn't the solution to the issue. Getting rid of guns won't solve the problem of mental illness, or just plain evil, in humanity.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I think that's where my mulling took me, yes. That's what it would mean for me. That I felt like I wanted to protect myself from other people who could shoot me. You'll need to excuse my ignorance on this issue, it's something I really struggle to understand.

a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, that makes sense to me. Lots of farmers here have rifles too, mostly rural folk. No, that's right it is easy to forget how massive America is. Rural to you isn't the same as rural to me. I can drive from the south of scotland to the north in a day, easily. The Islands are a different matter, but that's not really relevant here.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Or are you thinking that you would be at the mercy of another group if you disarmed? The Government? Just mob together and overthrow them, then. A people's uprising. Maybe that would be good for America.

Let's think about the history of the country ...

The COTUS and the Amendment in question, was written by a group of men who had just won a war against a heavily armed and superior military. What did they use? Their own arms that they kept and bore in defense of their persons and property. Who was the heavily armed and superior military? The armed force of their own government.

So revisit your own questions there and you tell me.

And yes, an uprising might be good, but it gets infinitely harder if the people aren't armed to begin with which is, you know, why that Amendment exists and why we are allowed to have our arms. It is also why the government keeps trying to remove that safety valve. It gets easier to abuse the people if they lack the power to rise up.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
440 dead people in Chicago, one of the strictest gun control cities in the nation, would disagree with Obama.

Funny Obama doesnt propagandize this drivel when people are killed in inner cities that have strict gun control laws.

With Obama the 'ends justifies the means" It is pretty clear what his end game is! Im sure over the next 14 months it will be revealed!

Excellent Point!!!!

Chicago is the same area he rose to political prominence in too!

The South side of Chicago is more akin to a war zone.

He's just sitting pretty and safely on Pennsylvania Avenue these days.

When has anyone heard of him speak of the gun violence in his OWN city!!!!!

Oh, yeah that's right, he has his boy Rahm looking after all that stuff.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20085368]projectvxn......hey. is it alright if I use your " careful, you'll hurt your shoulder reaching that far " and tell everyone I thought of it?....

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Go for it man!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

That's why even most NRA members support universal background checks.

You gun control guys keep repeating this like its true...

Reaching that far must hurt your shoulder. Be careful.

I've been hunting all my life, I conceal carry at times, I was an NRA member til I was 21, took NRA sponsored gun training classes growing up.

I don't let the gun manufacturers lobby tell me what is safe gun control policy.
All I really want is universal background checks. I don't think that's radical

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

That's fantastic.

I don't hunt. I'm a soldier(currently on terminal leave) who understands fully the kind of power the US government can bring to bear. UBCs would REQUIRE registration to be effective. Registration leads to confiscation. I carry everyday. I train with my tactical rifles and pistols, and I train for force on force.

My guns are for two legged predators.

I don't want government knowing a damned thing I have. It's none of their business. The NRA doesn't represent the gun manufacturers. It represents its' members. The NSSF represents the manufacturers.

Stop BSing.
edit on -06:00Sat, 28 Nov 2015 18:22:09 -0600201528America/Chicago2015-11-28T18:22:09-06:0030vx11 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

originally posted by: wildb

He's not saying he wants to 'disarm law abiding citizens', he's saying there is a problem with the accessibility of guns in America

He's not saying that but he would do it if he could. As far as getting guns yes you can, no law will ever stop that.

Gun Control Kills

As a complete outsider to America, I have to say I would do that too. I just don't get it. Why would you want one? To kill someone? That's a genuine question from a gun-a-phobe.

I think I understand a little bit better what you are trying to say/ask...

My question to you is: why are you a gun-a-phobe?

Have you ever had one pointed at you?

Have you ever held one?

Have you ever shot one?

Before you can understand gun ownership, you should probably answer those questions first if you truly are that afraid of guns.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I don't think I ever will understand. Some of you are saying it's your right and it's not up to the current government to tell you what you are allowed to do or not. I can certainly agree with that, and I can see why it then becomes such a contentious and political issue.
But some other people are definitely saying they don't trust their government to be armed and for them not to be. That is a massive problem, how on earth do you begin to tackle that? (Not you personally, obviously).

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: wildb

This is exactly why I make sure I am armed when entering such a place !

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

By shrinking the power, footprint, and funding of government.

We are all over the world pissing people off.

We have massive expansion of Federal police powers that are out of control.

We have onerous regulation that benefits no one but government cronies and corporations.

We are on the precipice of a very hot world war 3.

My guns are staying right where they are.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join