It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama urges gun control after Colorado Springs shooting: 'Enough is enough'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

We all saw this one coming. He's about to leave The House and still doesn't know what's his job is about. Get Americans a better life and respect the Constitution.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Between my husband and I, we own over 20 guns.

Guess how many people we have shot? Yeah, ZERO!

Guns are not the issue...it's the people that get them that shouldn't ....that is the problem.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It's not a gun problem it's a male problem...

Show me the last female gun nut who went on a rampage in the US.

I bet it was years ago.
If it ever happened that is.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Obama is no judge of what to do with firearms....he should zip it about the important topics, huh!

I like him, I like him as long as he shuts it,....zzipit...Obama, this is serious stuff now
Nah, nah, zip, zipit...

And Charlie up there above ....spot on....it's hard to be a man when ya have a gun. Don't show if ya have one, don't pull it for nuthin...don't threaten to pull it and do not tell anyone you have one in an altercation. I had my .44 in my glove box when that idiot went around my car on the shoulder and then slammed his brakes three times, making me stab mine three times.....spilled coffee and water, but I didn't get angry....par for the times these days....guns are for when you see a gun....or when you're hiking and grizz gets territorial ....dang red pick-up truck.
edit on 28-11-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 28-11-2015 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildb
a reply to: projectvxn

Colorado is a gun control state.

What do you mean, there a shall issue state..

They instituted various bans and limitations that do nothing but make politicians look like they did something. Even California has ccw program. Doesn't make them pro gun.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

So Obama is basically complaining about the Constitution. We know he doesn't like it. Tough. Too bad.

If America is such a terrible place for having a constitution. . . . . . . MOVE!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: beansidhe

I will never understand the U.S.' need for guns, it seems insane that everyone would want one.

Probably because you trust your government more than we do.

I just mulled that over while I took my dog out to the toilet. You might be right about that, actually. Maybe if I lived in the U.S. and all my neighbours had loads of guns, and the police all had guns and my Government was as corrupt as you like then I'd have a couple of Kalashnikovs too.
But then that would imply I lived in fear of being shot and so I had to have something for protection? Jeezo, I couldn't live like that, my nerves wouldn't hold up.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Obama is no judge of what to do with firearms

I disagree, he sure knows how to sell them..

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: wildb

Access. To news, to guns, to hate talk. I blame the internet.

Considering this guy was an awkward loner who had no electricity or running water in his cabin ... how did he get access to news and "hate" (where hate means opinions that differ from yours) talk?

Certainly, he was steeped in them much less than many of us here who likely access the Internet far more than average.

I vote crazy is most likely.
edit on 28-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

a reply to: beansidhe

He's not saying he wants to 'disarm law abiding citizens', he's saying there is a problem with the accessibility of guns in America

He's not saying that but he would do it if he could. As far as getting guns yes you can, no law will ever stop that.

Gun Control Kills

As a complete outsider to America, I have to say I would do that too. I just don't get it. Why would you want one? To kill someone? That's a genuine question from a gun-a-phobe.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

The concept is simple, no one should have the monopoly on violence... I hope you understand what that means..

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Of course.They want your guns before the inevitable WW3 kicks off.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
440 dead people in Chicago, one of the strictest gun control cities in the nation, would disagree with Obama.

Funny Obama doesnt propagandize this drivel when people are killed in inner cities that have strict gun control laws.

With Obama the 'ends justifies the means" It is pretty clear what his end game is! Im sure over the next 14 months it will be revealed!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

I will never understand the U.S.' need for guns, it seems insane that everyone would want one.

Probably because you trust your government more than we do.

I just mulled that over while I took my dog out to the toilet. You might be right about that, actually. Maybe if I lived in the U.S. and all my neighbours had loads of guns, and the police all had guns and my Government was as corrupt as you like then I'd have a couple of Kalashnikovs too.
But then that would imply I lived in fear of being shot and so I had to have something for protection? Jeezo, I couldn't live like that, my nerves wouldn't hold up.

Honest question...

Are you implying that because people in the US have guns is because we live in fear?

Maybe I read it wrong but, that's what I took from your post.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Why would you want one? To kill someone?

Yes, to kill the bad guy who just busted into my home to harm me and my family. And for sporting reasons.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

If you live in a rural area especially, a gun is a necessary tool of daily life. All those nice services like animal control that city dwellers take for granted don't exist in the country.

If you have a nuisance animal or a sick animal that needs to be put down, the only person likely to be able to help you in any reasonable time frame is yourself. Any possible vet or other official is likely up to an hour away. So many who live in the country have a shotgun or rifle to deal with rabid animals, farm animals hit by cars or who otherwise need to be put down (is it kinder to make them wait hours for a vet to do it?), and yes, human threats too.

And something a lot of people who don't live in the US don't consider is the sheer size of the country. A day trip for us is a 3-hour drive or more, and that's one state out of 50. I know I've been told that many in Europe don't quite grasp the scale of the country until they are here.

edit on 28-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

He's not saying he wants to 'disarm law abiding citizens', he's saying there is a problem with the accessibility of guns in America

He's not saying that but he would do it if he could. As far as getting guns yes you can, no law will ever stop that.

Gun Control Kills

As a complete outsider to America, I have to say I would do that too. I just don't get it. Why would you want one? To kill someone? That's a genuine question from a gun-a-phobe.

People in the US don't own guns just to kill other people. lol

ETA: Not all of us anyway. There are always exceptions to every rule. I'm just not one of them in this scenario.
edit on 28-11-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I don't fear a damned thing.

Except for my government going out of control.

My neighbors having guns doesn't scare me. I WANT THEM to have guns.

What I don't want is the government I worked for to have unchecked power against the people.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Gun Control Kills

Do you really have to ask that question? People want a gun a majority of the time to defend themselves. Im sure the French would have hoped to have a fighting chance!

You do realize that even though you never hear about it in the news people defend themselves against attackers with guns every day?!?!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: wildb

The concept is simple, no one should have the monopoly on violence... I hope you understand what that means..

I think so. I'm in danger of derailing here, so I'll be brief. So everyone should be allowed to be equally violent? Hmm, I suppose. Why can't you just all be violent without guns? We manage being extraordinarily violent here - no guns required.
Or are you thinking that you would be at the mercy of another group if you disarmed? The Government? Just mob together and overthrow them, then. A people's uprising. Maybe that would be good for America.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join