It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arting Out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Yeah--I used up all of my high quality paper/notebooks. Since I work so small, currently, I just scrawl it on whatever I have on hand at the moment with the intent of making a larger version/transferring it onto better paper someday. Maybe lol

I totally should ask for paper for Christmas, though

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia
i was gonna say something about not drawing on lined paper.
youve certainly got a talent than to do more than biro pics on an old txt book.
i'll look forward to seeing more of your pics.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hey man, 3.99 for non wet paper... It is thinner and harder to wash put however it holds only the brightest or slightest of shades. I can fit a lot in on one cheap piece of paper, if you work really small, you can test this out with the inkwash.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
What I'm trying to show you is, is that what your doing it the same way I did when I was in high school. Your style and vision require methods, ink wash is one of them, if you applied your writing to illustration you would be great.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Hey, here how's this: 100% Cotton Paper. Sharpie pen~just a little owl.
I did one of it just normal, then the other is me inverting the colors/a negative. ^_^ Yeah, nothing like good paper. Drawing is just so much easier on it.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Looks good, I'm glad you got better paper to use, it does make a difference.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

It does. Even in the photographs. You were right

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Oh come on dont stroke my ego about being right or wrong, there is a whole ocean of things that you can use to help you become a better artist. 😊 just keep doing what you do and when it finds you, no one can take it away!
I had attached recently ink washed images (less then 3 days old) I have linked you other avenue's towards hopefully your ultimate goal, that would be find the thing that expresses your ideas the best. I hope you find that, artists sharpen artists, your acorn squash still life inspires me to want to make more still life drawings.

edit on 19-12-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
More Sharpie Pen on cotton paper.

This one is called:

Lynx in the Sky with Diamonds~

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Build your lights into darks, if your looking for high contrast exaggerate your lights and make your darks absolutely dark. Try that once for my sake and tell me how it works out 😊

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

xD

you're neither the first nor the last to tell me that. lol
once, while doing a self portrait, I ended up making myself so dark that according to my teacher the drawing looked African American xD I think it looked shadowy, dammit!!!

Yeah, I'm still working on discipline when it comes to art. It's not my main hobby, so I just kinda do whatever xD

I wasn't necessarily looking for high contrast. If you look into the details, there are many subtle diamonds blended in to the fur. I was going for more strange than striking. I want to maintain the sketchy look.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I never suggested I believed your vision or technique was based on realism. Can I hazard a guess that you may be very young probably early 20s at the most? I have said before to you that your work reminds me an awful lot of my work when I was in high school. The thing is, is that I did an awful lot of drawing and I was always told I had to much value or I made it to dark etc. I later in life found out I was making things correctly for its size. I made all these drawings very tiny and they were very dark, when a mentor had me work larger, the simple change made that much of a difference. I've suggested before change your paper, I've also recommend you try ink wash, I highly recommend you keep creating art and never stopping.

The pic is high school vintage well before my marine corps career
edit on 21-12-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Just wanted to say that I am getting a lot of tips from being voyeur to the conversation that you both are having. I got my paints out again a few months ago, I usually just sketch, pen or pencil, but I wanted to express something specific for which colour became imperative. I pinched my son's felt tips, but then felt the absence of texture. I've always been too impatient and heavy handed for painting, but I have found a way to make that work for me.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

You got a darkness inside of you and a lot of unhappiness. Drawing it out can sure help and it can sometimes make it worse. Talent and unhappiness are two of those aspects seen in great artists.

A terrible burden and a lightening blessing. Can any of us lose the dark without losing the light as well?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bonesymphony

You got a darkness inside of you and a lot of unhappiness. Drawing it out can sure help and it can sometimes make it worse. Talent and unhappiness are two of those aspects seen in great artists.

A terrible burden and a lightening blessing. Can any of us lose the dark without losing the light as well?

Very well said, ain't no gain without the pain, the agony and the ecstasy, and it is that dance between the light and dark that provides colour (for me, and to me). As Brotherman said earlier (I think), once you find it, it's yours, like a locus...maybe?

Either way, thanks for sharing your thoughts, even if I wasn't the intended recipient.

Best to you.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Merci mon ami

You are too kind.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join