It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgian Physicists Calculate that Everyone Is Lying About the Downed Russian Jet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

It’s rare to see physics being used as an effective tool to comment on current events, but astrophysicists Tom van Doorsslaere and Giovanni Lapenta of the Belgian KU Leuven used some simple Newtonian mechanics to show that both the Russian and Turkish accounts of what happened with the downed jet can’t be right.

Belgian Physicists Calculate that Everyone Is Lying About the Downed Russian Jet

I assume this won't come as a surprise to many of us here, although I'm sure we've all witnessed member of this site taking Russia's side while others take Turkey's side. It's obvious that both sides of this debacle would use the incident for their own political gain and are putting their own spin on it.

It would seem, for example, that instead of passing through the air space in 17 seconds as the Turks claim, the speed the aircraft was going would mean they were only in Turkish air space for a whopping 7 seconds! On the other side of the coin the Russians claim the plane made a 90 Degree turn after it was hit, as it was attempting to avoid Turkish air space, the science doesn't add up though, the plane was too light to have made such a manoeuvre and too slow.

Personally I think both sides are at fault, though Turkey are the bigger transgressor in this instance.

What say you ATS...?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Also important

On the Russian map, it can be seen that the plane makes a ninety degree turn after it was hit, which is quite impossible. According to the physicists, the only way this could be achieved is if the momentum of the incoming rocket was so much larger than the momentum of the jet that the latter would be negligible. “A change of course of 90 degrees can only be achieved with an object that’s many times heavier or faster than the jet,” the physicists write. From this we can conclude that the jets were not actively trying to avoid Turkish territory, which is the Russian side of the story. Physics 3, Turkey 0, Russia 0.

So everyone is lying, ha go figure.
Question is... Why would Russia be lying if it could easily prove that the Turkish government is lying. the Math proves it.
So could it be, the Russian bomber came from a totally different direction, maybe a classified base in a neighboring country? That would explain why they would rather give a bogus flight plan.

Just guessing here.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Belgium is NATO, of course they want to sow confusion about it.

They want us focused on whose side the jet was on, that part is clear. The Russian jets are helping the Syrians.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Personally I think both sides are at fault, though Turkey are the bigger transgressor in this instance.

They both should take responsibility IMO.

I say that because yes Turkey probably should have handled this better, but on the other hand Russia can't say they weren't warned...

The Acting Undersecretary of the Ministry summoned the Ambassador of the Russian Federation in Ankara to the Ministry and strongly protested this violation, demanded that any such violation not be repeated and affirmed that, otherwise, the Russian Federation will be responsible for any undesired incident that may occur.

www.mfa.gov.tr...

Now I am not saying yes Turkey was right, nor am I saying Russia was right...but they both could have avoided this that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Belgium is NATO, of course they want to sow confusion about it.

They want us focused on whose side the jet was on, that part is clear. The Russian jets are helping the Syrians.

This is an independent analyse from a teacher at a college lol. No agenda there.
But if you read the article it says BOTH stories are bogus.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Belgianbloke

So everyone is lying, ha go figure.
Question is... Why would Russia be lying if it could easily prove that the Turkish government is lying. the Math proves it.
So could it be, the Russian bomber came from a totally different direction, maybe a classified base in a neighboring country? That would explain why they would rather give a bogus flight plan.

Just guessing here.

I find that confusing too, the only thing I can think is they're trying to save face as they were told to leave the airspace (allegedly) and wanted to make it sound like they were trying to when they were hit. That's my only guess.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
Now I am not saying yes Turkey was right, nor am I saying Russia was right...but they both could have avoided this that's for sure.

Absolutely. There was no good reason for this to have happened.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Belgianbloke

This is an independent analyse from a teacher at a college lol. No agenda there.

Hah, Universities have big agendas. To make good robots of their students. The article stated that both can't be right. I agree. One side is lying.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Hah, Universities have big agendas. To make good robots of their students. The article stated that both can't be right. I agree. One side is lying.

Hope this doesn't come across negatively but did you read the article linked? It states categorically that both sides are wrong not that both sides can't be right...

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Even so, I doubt they would forge a flight plan for a 7 second airspace violation.
And again, knowing it was about seven seconds, the warning makes even less sense. 7 seconds is nothing.

Shrugs.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

There is a flaw. It misinterprets the turkish warnings. The warnings were they were approaching Turkish airspace and to turn south. Secondly it also claims, incorrectly, the warnings were given once they entered Turkish airspace, which is incorrect.

The warnings occurred prior to entering turkish airspace.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Question is... Why would Russia be lying if it could easily prove that the Turkish government is lying.

Here is a better question...if they have it why haven't they shown it?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
If the Russian plane was only 7 secs. into the airspace when they shot them down, then turkey was watching and waiting for them. I believe that's called an ambush.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
BELGIAN Physicists, you say?
Ah...well, then, never-mind.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Hope this doesn't come across negatively but did you read the article linked? It states categorically that both sides are wrong not that both sides can't be right…

And I say thats propaganda from one side, the side responsible for shooting down the aircraft.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Tom van Doorsslaere is so a Belgian name. Who is the liar now?

These eggheads forgot one important variable: the missiles. And more importantly (caps for emphasis) WHY WERE ASTROPHYSICISTS LOOKING INTO THIS INSTEAD OF LOOKING TO THE STARS LIKE THEY SHOULD BE DOING!!!

There is nearly 14 billion light years of amazement waiting to be discovered and these astrophysicists are chasing Jets. You Idiots! there was probably a undiscovered comet,pulsar of quasar with your name on but no-you too wanted to know about two downed Jets. Is there an equation this kind of madness? oh wait, there is!

S/P=2.

Sorry, My De Bono Anger hat is on the fritz but the last time I checked Astrophysicists look to the stars! there are others that could've calculated this and yes it's a he said she said situation.
edit on 28-11-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

There is a flaw. It misinterprets the turkish warnings. The warnings were they were approaching Turkish airspace and to turn south. Secondly it also claims, incorrectly, the warnings were given once they entered Turkish airspace, which is incorrect.

The warnings occurred prior to entering turkish airspace.

That's the story but if you read the article they correctly point out that the Russian jet was capable of a last minute turn to avoid the airspace so the Turks had no reason to assume they were about to be violated...

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Question is... Why would Russia be lying if it could easily prove that the Turkish government is lying.

Here is a better question...if they have it why haven't they shown it?

Because it's the Belgian physicists that have proved Turkey is lying, not Russia, I guess.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Absolutely. There was no good reason for this to have happened.

No good reason? It was inevitable. Too many players, too small an area with too many vested interests.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
Because it's the Belgian physicists that have proved Turkey is lying, not Russia, I guess.

Well that's not entirely true, it proves Turkey AND Russia are lying. Big difference...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join