It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the shut down of the Magnificent Mile

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Chicago's Famous Shopping Area

While I understand the protesters wanting justice, when they purposely shut down a shopping center and interrupt normal civilian and economic life they are nothing more than Domestic Terrorist.

The owners of the stores and the property management in that area were forced to shutter their doors and close to prevent violent looting which would have taken place if they had tried to open their doors. The Business owners need to start filing laws suits against BLM, Rev Jackson, and other instigators for their monetary loss caused by the intimidation by these groups.

One Black Friday weekend sales would have produced a millions of dollars for the economy in Chicago, But it resulted in people being out of work, who needed work and the businesses who supply employment during this time of year now have a net loss and wont make it into the black by year end.

Time for the people and the business owners to stand up to these groups and make them pay for their destruction on the economy and property.

edit on 28-11-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
To hell with the citizens and what they are put through. LET THE CORPERATIONS MAKE THEIR MONEY!!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: boorabbit

So you are sayinbg, "to hell with the Economy"?

you must understand that the corporations had nothing to do with any of this.

Remember corporations are made up of people, Like me and you. without them we have no jobs, no income and no economy.

What did I or you do to these anyway? Nothing.

It is all about an injustice and now that justice is going to be done let's go back to our lives, get to work and let the economy go forth.

They had no right to disrupt city commerce and national economics.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

From Rodney King to Ferguson... The communities are to blame. Remember; it takes a village.......

ETA.... I remember the Ferguson riots.... the pic @ the liquor store. There was but one common denominator. ....... .

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

only one flaw.

The hundreds of thousands of black on white crime that has gone on since the 1970's everyday that has never led to a single protest against any corporation or disrupted any commerce anywhere that these racist crimes took place.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

In my opinion CORPERATIONS run this country. The economy,in my opinion, is tanking. Without corps we have no jobs. True. It seems the money I make, the money I spend, strengthens them. Not me, my family or friends. Prices on "goods" go up while my pay check seems to go down due to everything I need to pay in taxes, the great medical care offered, which I haven't been able to use because my deductible is so high yet I put out hundreds of dollars each month for it.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Yes, agreed. This and other rioting all starts with those one or two imbasales that roll the tide.... sadly....

The Tulsa race riots were started by a 17 yr old girl riding in an elevator... A young black man entered...shortly thereafter, a scream....by 1930Hrs that evening, 300 plus gather at the couthouse... 200 dead.. 3 times that many injured. .

In the Tulsa Race Riot of 1921, police flew airplanes and dropped nitroglycerin and dynamite on 600 Black businesses, burned 1500 homes and destroyed a 35 square block area of the Black community of Tulsa also known as the Greenwood District. It was so prosperous it was nationally known as Black Wall Street. The riot was intended to put Blacks back in their place.

In the years bridging the second and third decades of the twentieth century, episodes of racial tension and violence were frequent. In July of 1917, East St. Louis, Illinois erupted into a bloody battle between blacks and whites after an aluminum plant began to hire black workers to break a strike. Three hundred people were killed, and hundreds were injured.1 In August of the same year, more than one hundred black soldiers of the 3d Battalion, 24th Infantry Regiment stationed in Houston, Texas mutinied against their officers. The mutineers seized arms and ammunition and engaged in a three hour riot. This riot was in protest to the abuses that local white civilians had perpetrated against the soldiers and the lack of concern about those abuses shown by the unit's commanders.

As a final example, the Chicago Race Riot in late July, 1919 was based in a long-standing dispute over white-black neighborhood boundaries. A young black male accidentally entered a recreation area that was reserved for whites, triggering this riot that quickly moved beyond this otherwise minor incident and after a week of violence left many dead and wounded.

All in all perception and or the Lack thereof is often to blame for many unjust and unwanted outcomes. ...

Lest we soon forget.... and once more...only one flaw... Thanks CJ... great thread...

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I also don't understand this behavior. Ferguson for instance, how did destroying a neighborhood accomplish anything. I still don't know how the man that yelled to burn it down wasn't charged for inciting a riot!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: maybee

Agreed. I believe the mother & father both are responsible for the torching of the community. . Back to "the apple falls not far from the tree"...

"Burn this motherf---er down" and "Burn this b^€£tch down,"

So soon. We forget. I'm curious if the parents wl be counter-sued by the civilians of the community. ...

People lost that day. People. ..

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

It's highly unlikely being closed for a couple of hours on black Friday is going to make enough of a difference in whether they make it in the black by the end of the year. If it does, then they were barely going to make any profit anyhow. You don't go to the expense of running a Mag Mile retail shop for less than 0.1% return on your investment.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

For some reason, I recall (someone can't remember who) the phrase "Unapologetically black" on a shirt, or sign... did this not add fuel to the fire?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This was the best thing these stores could have hoped for.
Doubt they want a Ferguson looting spree..

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I must agree Blunt!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The Magnificent Mile the Miracle Mile, all the others. Pleasant Playgrounds established by old corporate salesmen to lure generations of consumers into believing that buying and buying and buying is akin to heaven. Kinda like Pleasure Island from Pinocchio but just for grownups with enough money to calm their extensional dread with the latest and shiniest baubles.

Basing an economy on bright and shiny, on 'shopping therapy" (now there is a Madison Avenue gem) is an economy doomed to fail. These edifices to consumer gratification should have been turned to rubble 50 years ago rather than being allowed to grow and act as shining beacons of western culture, a culture which has been dominated by the greed of the wealthy for far to long.
edit on 30America/ChicagoSat, 28 Nov 2015 11:43:18 -0600Sat, 28 Nov 2015 11:43:18 -060015112015-11-28T11:43:18-06:001100000043 by TerryMcGuire because: sp

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Cops shot an unarmed black man.
to protest they shut down a shopping district.

I'm sure the mayor and police chief are relieved BLMers are not on their doorstep yelling for justice

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

it was definitely a catch 22 for those stores. either way everyone lost and how will this day play out is yet to be seen.

the main point being justice will be served job done.

These riots come after the release of the video a planned event to stoke the flame of cop and black on white hatred.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The OP reminds me of this guy...

edit on 28-11-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Domestic terrorist? For protesting? Not even mass shooters are called domestic terrorists. Two threads in one day calling black protesters domestic terrorists. How odd.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc
Cops shot an unarmed black man.
to protest they shut down a shopping center.

I'm sure the mayor and police chief are relieved BLMers are not on their doorstep yelling for justice

McDonald was armed with a knife, whacked out on pcp, had already slashed at officer's windshields and tires whenthey tried to block his path with thier car and he ignored countless pleas to drop the knife.

And the officer was still overcharged with premeditated first degree murder, the most seriois charge there is.

What more do protesters want? A lynching on the spot? Somehow I don't think even that would satisfy them.
edit on 28-11-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: boorabbit

In my opinion CORPERATIONS run this country. The economy,in my opinion, is tanking. Without corps we have no jobs. True. It seems the money I make, the money I spend, strengthens them. Not me, my family or friends. Prices on "goods" go up while my pay check seems to go down due to everything I need to pay in taxes, the great medical care offered, which I haven't been able to use because my deductible is so high yet I put out hundreds of dollars each month for it.

Yeah and what does all that have to do with BLM shutting down businesses that have nothing to do worth what they are protesting?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join