It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black lives matter movement = Domestic Terrorism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
People should not be calling groups domestic terrorists as you never know when the slander may be used against you and any group you belong to.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
If you would read the definition of terrorism that I provided. I am sure you would have to agree that the BLM has met the benchmark for what terrorism is. Think about the kids at Dartmouth College for example. Your at the library doing homework and studying what ever. All of a sudden a mob shows up and disrupts everything there. Getting in the faces of those students and screaming at them. Do you not think those students would not be fearful for their lives. That has to be hurtful on so many levels. So damage was done. I do not know if there was any physical damage done to the property or any individuals. But their aggressive behavior is uncalled for.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Do you think they get locked up more because ....uh i dunno they do the crimes lol.

I live in the city of Cincinnati and when i hear on the news teens assualt some on on street
or assualt or gun fire or store robbery or blah blah blah ect... and i go to look at the suspects
guess what ethnicity they are now could that be why they are more likley to go to jail.
And its not just the blacks or mexicans the real problem is the darned thug hip hop mentality .
Like hey im a hard thug dont mess with me cause ima man im a man im a man .
LOL no go get a job and get off welfare then and pay for your kids then your a man .

I just wish that the bleeding heart liberals that say some of the things you hear on here would go live in the ghettos
of cincinnati here and see if people ..................and i mean all races of people with the thug attitude
dont bring this crap on themselves.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Bull free speech he didnt call anyone anything he simply raised a question.
Questions are still legal right no ones calling the pc police yet are they lol.
God Bless America God Bless Free Speech.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Right.

See friend, all that works on the internet. Stats and links and such. Injustice, yeah, it's real.

But the reality of it is so far removed from fancy links and leftist influenced 'journalism' that it might as well be science fiction. It isn't where we are, it's why we are where we are. Keep the links and stats...they offer nothing helpful.

OBVIOUSLY, problems exist, bad, deep problems, in the black community. I know, I LIVE here. My kid died here. I came from here and will likely die here myself.

But man, it's the culture. It's the damning culture that so very many of people with my skin tone simply embrace and exploit and abide by and buy in to. It's the breakdown--not from the damned (apparently) 'all mighty whitey' ----it's the breakdown within OUR community that is by far the largest contributor to any 'stats' linked above.

Have you heard this damned music? Have you seen a community , like the one outside my window, that is 99 percent street level black?

Do you know how 'they'( my homies) respond to sentiments like yours in reality? "Mofo why you care??" Da '**** this white ******** think he care for?" "Take his ****."

Then they would beat your ass and take everything you have....at least....and send you back to leftist-land with a quickness. As they would run back to polish 20 inch wheels blaring some depravity influenced rap crap and never bat an eye.

Rarely, rarely a father to correct such behavior, the welfare drawing( and yes, virginia, she gets a check) mother either strung out or scared to death....as the poison culture grows and grows and grows. But "Oh, bro, those are stereotypes, Fox news and Rush Limbaugh myths, that isn't how it is" some leftist will always say....

Yeah, my black ass...thats exactly how it is.

I saw the real fight take place fifty years ago. We won that one. ...just to self destruct in the same era , ironically, that 'we' put a brother in the White House!

And no...no. Just don't try to place blame elsewhere. THAT'S the damned problem. And, in thinking on it, whitefolks that refuse to even acknowledge that the black race is in large part responsible for some( i would even say MOST) of the treatment we receive are ALSO partially responsible.( So I reckon any of you self-loathing whites do get to feel a little guilty after all...)

Maybe, just maybe, the way to have "equal treatment by law enforcement & judicial system" is to try to avoid breaking the law to begin with. That should start at home. By us. Across my street. Here in reality. Break the thug and drug culture, restore the family unit.

Sorry to turn this into a rant. It just totally sickens me, these things. Common street sense clearly knows the truth:

If we, as a society, don't learn to say no, if we don't learn to say suck it up, better yourself, if we don't pull up sagging pants and kick insolent asses, we are ALL going to lose. Terrorist ARE what 'we' will become.

Family, man, we have to bring it back. This has got to start at home.

#killthugculture

Protest for that, and I'm right there.

edit on 28-11-2015 by Maverick1 because: grammar

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
Washington Post article:

Even more black people were lynched in the U.S. than previously thought, study finds

Researchers said they determined that 3,959 black people were killed in “racial terror lynchings” in a dozen Southern states between 1877 and 1950.

Oh come on now 1877 and 1950 How many people can go back that far?

How can anyone be responsible for what another has done when they weren't

even alive. Lessons have been learnt from the past its time to close that door.

"1. While people of color make up about 30 percent of the United States’ population, they account for 60 percent of those imprisoned.

Is it out of the realms of possibility that for what ever reason they may actually

commit more crimes? OR are you insinuating that your justice system is corrupt?

2. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, one in three black men can expect to go to prison in their lifetime.

If you are making comparisons .... what are the statistics for other races?

3. Students of color face harsher punishments in school than their white peers, leading to a higher number of youth of color incarcerated.

As an observer I have been astonished at the difference in physical maturity of

black students of both sexes of the same ages and other students. I put it down to

the genes, but testosterone fuelled angst is quite intimidating.

4. According to recent data by the Department of Education, African American students are arrested far more often than their white classmates.

As above ^^^^^^

5. African American youth have higher rates of juvenile incarceration and are more likely to be sentenced to adult prison.

And again ^^^^^^

6. As the number of women incarcerated has increased by 800 percent over the last three decades, women of color have been disproportionately represented

Could it be a miniscule percentage?... after all a .05% increase, is an increase but

fairly inconsequential !! Gosh cant figures be manipulated. LOL!!

7. The war on drugs has been waged primarily in communities of color where people of color are more likely to receive higher offenses.

Primarily, more likely ... sounds more like assumptions than actual facts?

8. Once convicted, black offenders receive longer sentences compared to white offenders.

For the same offences?? Are you saying the justice system is biased toward

white offenders??

9. Voter laws that prohibit people with felony convictions to vote disproportionately impact men of color.

Felony convictions surely must impact equally to all guilty parties of all

creeds? So how is it possible to act disproportionately toward 'men of colour'?

10. Studies have shown that people of color face disparities in wage trajectory following release from prison."

Couldn't that be due to them having lesser qualifications rather than a colour problem?

So much easier to say they were biased because I'm black, than I've been in prison for

assault or armed robbery?

Guardian article:

Black Americans killed by police twice as likely to be unarmed as white people

"Guardian analysis finds 102 people killed by police so far this year were unarmed, and that agencies are killing people at twice the rate calculated by US government".

The Counted (Interactive)

Mentioned unarmed people.

Colour and sex not mentioned .... false flag?

People killed this year by police: 1033
Highest proportion of killed are black, followed by Hispanic then Native American:

Race and ethnicity per million total killed:
Black: 6.25
Hispanic/Latino: 3.05
Native American: 3.04
White: 2.61

Sorry am I misunderstanding? that totals 14.95 .... so what ethnicity were the other

Can you not see how twisted this all is and what picture statistics and analysis are painting?

Can you not see how all statics can be adjusted to fit any required agenda

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

Hey man, I just wanted to say your post blew that # out of the water, it was fantastic and well written . You must understand also that people world views are threatened with such ideas, people need a boogie man and society is always down for a good witch hunt, wether it be black white conservative liberal they all partake. Also I agree there are deeper issues at play here, however (to the OP) "domestic terrorism" is a serious word to use , and I do not believe this qualifies. I truthfully do not wish to talk about race because it is divisive anyway great post man! Take care
edit on 28-11-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

Your premise is absurd. Taking over a library with words is not terrorism nor was it associated with BLM but black student activists going by the tag 1950 . Rioting is not terrorism, nor was it a common tactic. Arson is not terrorism, nor has it been used as a tactic. Shouting in people's faces is not terrorism.

However, your desire to lock up people based on their ideologies, activism and/or skin color would be considered fascist.

(post by Logman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

So let me get this straight.... You want BLM protesters arrested and charged as domestic terrorists because of a protest at Dartmouth College library that caused no violence?

I can't believe you're serious and that people are starring/flagging this thread. What absolute nonsense.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Logman

Oh wow, you my friend are seriously sounding racist and bigoted, you are suggesting he is some kind of black conservative sell out. Also just running around saying to the general gallery," oh another racist" is bull#, why don't you put a address on that! and stop speaking generally and define who the racist is and why. Some posters are seriously having issues these days.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: sweets777
Not sure what your on about fella

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Be careful of what groups you label "domestic terrorists". Violence can happen in the heat of emotion when protesting something, but to label a group "domestic terrorists" will take it from protest to subversive and then the entire legal and police approach changes.

The Weather Underground group in the 60's and 70's would be called a terrorist organization for sure....you know, the one Obama's friend and fund raiser, Bill Ayers, was part of.

However, I would keep a close eye on BLM as it evolves and organizes. It could pass that threshold in the blink of an eye. I have long thought that some experienced community organizers are behind them and could easily take them to the next level. That would be very dangerous, imo.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

They have called for people who disagree with them to be fired and/or forcibly "re-educated" to agree with them. That is fascism.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

However, your desire to lock up people based on their ideologies, activism and/or skin color would be considered fascist.

Fascism is the new black - our tolerance for this nonsense has been building for a while now

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They have called for people who disagree with them to be fired and/or forcibly "re-educated" to agree with them. That is fascism.

Source?
edit on 11/28/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I believe it was in the list of demands made at either Amherst or Princeton. They wanted to go after people who had stated that All Lives Matter (not just faculty by the way it was worded) and one of the punitive measures they were to undergo was extensive re-education in race sensitivity.

edit on 28-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74 Ok Kali lets us look at what you said. "Taking over a library with words is not terrorism nor was it associated with BLM". You must not have seen the video www.youtube.com.... Rioting is a terrorist threat.
Rioting is 1) Technically a turbulent and violent disturbance of peace by three or more people acting together. 2) an assemblage of people who are out of control, causing injury, or endangering the physical safety of others and/or themselves, causing or threatening damage to property, and often violating various laws both individually and as a group. The common thread is that the people in a riot have the power through violence to break the public peace and safety, requiring police action.

"Terrorism" as "The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons. "

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
To gesture at a group and generalize them into "they" is a common rhetorical practice.

We all do it, and sometimes, when speaking generically, it can make some logical sense.

Usually, it's just nonsense pandering to an agenda.

As noted multiple times, some BLM members (see? add two words and the phrase actually has truthful, logical meaning) are certainly displaying racist behavior and beliefs. (Are they doing it intentionally to call attention to racism? Maybe.) A few individuals have even said or written things that are extraordinarily provocative, and others have said things that are just plain dumb, unworkable and extremist. These are individuals, not the movement.

BLM, as a whole, does not advocate for violence to be used for political change or gain. If it does, prove it.

OP uses a version of the Dictionary Fallacy to prove a point is in this case, which is not fallacious, but non-factual, as the actions of BLM have not met any of the "definitions" so employed.

I say, let's be real with BLM as a group and as individuals. When individuals make incendiary, racist comments, call them out on it. When it can be shown that the group (i.e. national leadership, chapter-heads, etc.) is actively advocating for violence directed at citizens, State and local governments or the USA itself, I'll be right there with you to condemn them.

Until then, when BLM makes you uncomfortable, afraid or angry ... take a moment to ask yourself why, honestly.

You might be surprised at the answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join