It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism, it's only for "White" people...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I'm surprised I haven't read a thread about Black Friday, bleating about, "why can't we have a white Friday?

Black Friday is actually a reference to businesses 'being in the black' for the first time of the year or no longer in the 'red'. It is an accounting reference and has nothing to do with race, but then you made it that way for some reason. Congratulations for being a tool of division and hate.

LOL!! totally agree however here in the UK over the

past few years, the 'politically correct' brigade have been out in full

ridiculous force correcting years of what our children have grown up

with in innocence and without a shred of racism.

All old nursery rhymes have been rejigged ... eg. *Ba Ba Black Sheep*

is no longer, and *Happy Christmas* is now *Happy Holiday* and so on.

Couldn't make it up!! LOL!! My personal opinion for what its

worth is .... the fact that they are doing so Is racist

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: rowdyrich
Even cows seperate themselves by color...so it's not just a human thing.

Bullsh!t.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Well, if that's the case then we aren't really Americans but the majority English/Irish/welsh/German mixes because America is not a race it's an idea and most of our ancestors are European and more specifically English and mixes of.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia it's actually merry Christmas. I've not been anywhere, where its happy holidays apart from America. Your talkin paranoid BS.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality
Yes - even most 'English' people are not originally English, they are a mix also. The Queen for example - her original name is not the nice English sounding name 'Windsor'.
Prior to 1917, the members of the British Royal Family did not have a surname; but, they were members of the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. Queen Elizabeth's father, King George VI, was born in 1895 as a member of the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Well, if that's the case then we aren't really Americans but the majority English/Irish/welsh/German mixes because America is not a race it's an idea and most of our ancestors are European and more specifically English and mixes of.

American citizens yes, but of various denominations.

It stands to reason that the progeny of copulation is a mix of the DNA of two

*People* not the land/country/sea on which they were either conceived

or birthed on. You can change your citizenship but not your DNA/genes

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: eletheia it's actually merry Christmas. I've not been anywhere, where its happy holidays apart from America. Your talkin paranoid BS.

Well how many children at school do you have? and how many primary school

teachers do you know?

(post by TheLaughingGod removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I have been out of the teaching professon for over 20 years but when in, I was very active with the NEA, I am also mostly native American and belonged to a minority caucus of mixed minorities. We were the minorities within this group and were in fact egnored or discriminated against by the dominate blacks. I don't identify with any race, we are ONE, so I was intolerant of this discrimination and would confront,sit down and eat with these folks and just became a pain in the ass until I was accepted and changed them.

We, the minority within a minority brought a national meeting to a halt due to this. All races are guity of what that claim to find in other races, they too are shallow and human. By the way, I loved these people, never became bitter, just a pain in the ass for them and would never stop, reminding them of their weakness and never will.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: scorpio84

I know black people who get pissed if you call them AA. They have no connection at all to Africa.

And what do you call a Black European?

A European.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: scorpio84

I know black people who get pissed if you call them AA. They have no connection at all to Africa.

And what do you call a Black European?

A European.

There is no A European option in the USA. Anyone black is AA.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I'll go on record as totally agreeing with you OP.
In a previous job I was discriminated against for being white. If you looked at the stats it would be pretty obvious. And I'll admit that I probably wasn't TARGETED for being white, but there are times when affirmative action swings so far the other way that white people are perfectly acceptable collateral damage. And in this same previous job hispanics fell kind of in the middle, sometimes they got favors, sometimes they got screwed. But always whites got screwed without apology, and always blacks got anything they asked for...the job in the first place, promotions, hardships, you name it...and it seems they weren't subject to the same punishments either. Case in point:
A white and a hispanic were on the night shift. They were really tired at 4 am, so they came back to the parking lot, marked out on their lunch, and napped for a little while. They got 5 days off EACH. Unpaid, so yes that's a punishment.
A black rookie fell asleep while his partner was conducting a traffic stop. Highly unsafe and irresponsible. His punishment? Transfer to days- a coveted position. Nothing more.

A friend of mine worked at a Southern station, mostly black personnel. A black employee could break a rule and absolutely nothing would happen to them. A white employee could break the exact same rule in the exact same manner and have the book thrown at them. My friend filed a grievance. The department ignored it for a full year. He re-filed. They ignored it for another full year, then scrounged up a really shady reason to fire him. No investigation resulted from EITHER of his complaints. Which of course, was against their own rules and possibly against some law. But hey, he's white. Who cares.

Don't get me wrong. Racism is effed up and has no business existing and should not be tolerated. But it also bothers me when people get up in arms, outraged by faux racism. A friend (white but with 2 adopted black brothers) posted a meme making fun of racist cops on my FB. I responded with a verbatim quote from Dave Chappelle from a skit making fun of racist cops. Yet somehow I made national news under the implication that I was racist. ??? Or when Julianne Hough did black face for Halloween because she was dressing as an OITNB character. Was it well thought out? Obviously not. Was it racist? I don't think so. I think she was a fan of the show, and liked that character and was trying to emulate her.

Alllivesmatter is offensive to Blacklivesmatter? BS. Guess what folks. When you alienate people from your cause, you just end up with less allies.

1. Can't we all just get along?
2. Can we all try to treat each other equally?
3. Can we save the outrage for actual hate crimes?
4. Can we admit that singling out ANY race for harsher treatment, compared to other races in a similar situation, is wrong?

Affirmative action is one of the best recruitment tools for racism in our modern society. When one group of people feels dumped on, they start to resent it. Period. And if you think I deserve to be treated like crap because I'm white, or it's 'white privilege' to want to complain about it....um, I've never owned a slave and no one I've ever known has. I have never been hateful toward black people. If anything I'm a huge fan of their culture. I love rap and hip hop and I've even had my hair in dread locks on 3 separate occasions. So to be accused of racism is about the most insulting thing I could possibly think of, maybe second only to being accused of being a child molester.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99
The inane part of this whole "whites experience racism" palaver - is that none of these monumental displays of black on white racism, mention that laws were changed, amended and created to stop the institutionalised racism that deemed it an offence to be sitting in the wrong seat on a bus - effectively creating whole races of humans, persona non grata...not even giving them the vote - prescribing what doorways, toilets, service areas that particular races were to utilise exclusively...

Black on white racism - you poor things...

Å99

Segregation officially ended in 1954. How long do whites need to be punished until it's enough? And what of the black Africans who captured and sold their own people into slavery in the first place? They get a free pass because they're black?

If you go back far enough every race has been subjugated by some other race. How long do we stay bitter about the past? When do we move forward?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Yea.....thats why america is peppered with afro-centric schools, traditionally "black universities", ect, ect. LOL

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie

originally posted by: akushla99
The inane part of this whole "whites experience racism" palaver - is that none of these monumental displays of black on white racism, mention that laws were changed, amended and created to stop the institutionalised racism that deemed it an offence to be sitting in the wrong seat on a bus - effectively creating whole races of humans, persona non grata...not even giving them the vote - prescribing what doorways, toilets, service areas that particular races were to utilise exclusively...

Black on white racism - you poor things...

Å99

Segregation officially ended in 1954. How long do whites need to be punished until it's enough? And what of the black Africans who captured and sold their own people into slavery in the first place? They get a free pass because they're black?

If you go back far enough every race has been subjugated by some other race. How long do we stay bitter about the past? When do we move forward?

In this country? As long as there is money in it. Oh and tenure.
edit on 29-11-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Lol! I just want to know how long I'm supposed to be punished for something I've never done! Give me a ballpark so I can know when we can all move on to bigger and better things.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie
a reply to: Logarock

Lol! I just want to know how long I'm supposed to be punished for something I've never done! Give me a ballpark so I can know when we can all move on to bigger and better things.

The big question is how long will others get to advantage themselves because of persecutions? The issue of racist cops not withstanding.

My granddad started working in the mines when he was 14.....came out every day black as coal. Had little more than a shack to show for it. Now I am just 3rd generation poor white trash......but I can lightning strike that dead a**.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

White privilege is just another word for white guilt, neither of which you should hold, and only do the racists who see color both liberal and conservative latch onto such ideas.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Ok I am obviously a white racist for reporting this but. I live in a mainly white ,very safe town in West central florida. This morning at 5 am Im up going to work out. I see a black 40 year old man riding a bike no lite down the street with hubcaps on his handlebars obviously fresh from a crime scene. I followed him he dove into a wooded lot away from the road. I drove down the street to turn around and see where he was going . Out he comes back onto the street with no hubcaps. I followed him awhile then left to avoid a confrontation. So why are these people so insistant on commiting crimes? What is the fun of hurting people and stealing? I have to say I am becoming racist as we go ..DO YOU BLAME ME , ? I would guess since I saw more white female protesters at a BLM rally I would guess I will be labeled a racist for saying it was a black male . If this is racist post. I DONT CARE ANYMORE! Stay out of our town criminals or we will get you out !!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I had a very interesting conversation with a couple guys I worked with. They were both black. Nice guys, well spoken, and did not openly assert racist attitudes. However, when the conversation began it was evident that both held the same opinion: white people are racist, and black people are victims.

We cruised through all the main talking points about racism with little difficulty. Until we got to discussing racism today. Then it got weird. All of a sudden I was the problem. Not for anything I did, but my ancestors. I made the point that I never owned slaves and that neither of them was ever a slave. This was history we were talking about, not current events.

One of the guys said, "You hear about it and you read about it but it never happened to your people. You will never understand it the way we do." The other nodded in agreement. Then inspiration struck.

"I am Italian. Have you ever heard of roman slaves? My people were slaves just as long as yours, maybe longer. My people used to get dipped in oil, impaled on pikes, then lit on fire to provide light for out door dinner parties."

They looked at each other, then almost in unison said, "Yeah, but thats different."

And that is the crux of the issue. Its personal, even when it happens to a lot of people. Everyone believes that their particular tale of suffering and subjugation is unique and therefore noy understood by anyone else but them. There are seven billion people on this Earth, and there are seven billion different tales of slavery. Is it any wonder why we cant resolve the issue after all these years?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join