It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism, it's only for "White" people...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

So, yeah...my teen and early adult years were in the Northern VA and DC area.

I grew up seeing this sort of thing all the time.

It's funny....I truly only saw racism directed at "white people"...sometimes other minorities as well. And, when I saw it, it was from African Americans.

I once was walking to the Metro through an area of projects. A few pre-school kids were playing on the sidewalk. A little girl looked up at me, half in surprise, half in disgust....stating...

YOU'RE WHITE!!!!

The kind of thing that could only have been taught to the child.

No, not all African Americans act or behave, let alone believe in these behavior.

But, attention needs to be brought to this sort of thing.

edit on 27-11-2015 by nullafides because: SQUIRREL!

edit on 27-11-2015 by nullafides because: SQUIRREL x 2

+28 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Well, you've got guts; I'll give you that.
Prepare for the usual responses...from the usual respondents.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Nope. Racism itself isn't a racist.
That's not weird because we're all human.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
That's the sad thing about people who are racist- they always have excuses and justifications for why its OK for them to be that way. It's always about pointing the finger at the other side and saying "Well, they're way worse than I am..."

I've been seeing this attitude all over the place lately, especially here on ATS. Very, very sad...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Well congratulations for bringing attention to it, not like I haven't seen enough racism on ATS. I'm surprised I haven't read a thread about Black Friday, bleating about, "why can't we have a white Friday?
edit on 27-11-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
there will never be progress really in ANY social issue if we keep pretending that some group cannot be part of the problem.
we are all humans, with our flaws and limitations.
EVERYBODY can be a racist, misogynist, homophobic, misandrist or what have you.
nobody is immune to the type of ignorance that creates hatred.
But we keep pretending that is the case, and as long as we march to that tune, we will never truly evolve.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Even cows seperate themselves by color...so it's not just a human thing.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

You're never going to solve the problem or bring actual attention to a topic such as racism being something that can be perpetrated or experienced by any group that is classified by race, by whining and using hyperbole.

+25 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Racist black folk?

No Way! Not possible!

Obviously it was the white folks fault, they were probably oppressing the poor guy.

PS I see this everyday, they are even worse towards Mexican-Americans.

The only time I hear talk like this from white folk is when I am in the deep country at trailer parks. Rednecks and ghetto trash have so much in common, I am surprised they are at ends with one another. Probably due to the language barrier between the different types of terrible english.

Ignorance transcends race

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hey, I have a great idea!

Instead of discussing these issues rationally and academically let's all have a huge circle jerk where we each try to sarcastically imitate our straw man version of what we think a liberal will say! The more demeaning and the less realistic the better!

edit on 27-11-2015 by AudioOne because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Black people are honestly the most racist race of people...I'm not joking...

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

If you think you've seen racism on ATS, you've not experienced racism. The majority of people here are bringing logical sense to something completely irrational. If anyone actually posts something racist, they get dealt with. Thankfully the moderators have good sense.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I suspect that your experience is common with people that do not attempt to understand and empathize with the 'colored experience'. I've never had those types of experience and I've lived most of my life in mixed communities but then I can relate to the 'anger' being a woman and living in a 'man's world' (and having ideas and opinions dismissed and overlooked regularly because of that fact) and I do make the effort to understand the 'lack of opportunity' available to people of color and people living in poverty.

That last idea, living in poverty, should be the common ground among all working people. But hate of those different then we stands in the way.

Life happens to each of us just the way we 'think' it's going to and attribute motives to people's actions that are pure fantasy.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Where can i get my im white so pity me membership card, i must have missed it when it came in the mail.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Racism knows no color.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Video title, "Black guy goes crazy on white people"? What would have been 'gone crazy' is the metro cops showing up and shooting the black guy for "going crazy" on the poor white folk.

Then getting away with it.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: rowdyrich
Even cows seperate themselves by color...so it's not just a human thing.

No. They actually don't.

Humans might separate cows by color, but cows don't care.

Born and raised in Montana. Most of my friends and some family have and/or work cattle, and I help out quite a bit. You are misinformed or full of it.

Having said all that, racism is still racism regardless of the color of the one espousing it and a very common human thing. So is justifying it with utter nonsense apparently.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

It's funny....I truly only saw racism directed at "white people"...sometimes other minorities as well. And, when I saw it, it was from African Americans.

YOU'RE WHITE!!!!

The kind of thing that could only have been taught to the child.

No, not all African Americans act or behave, let alone believe in these behavior.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Obviously racism isn't something in the back of white people's heads. But it is extremely counterproductive and ironic to play "Who is more Racist" by comparing races.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Where can i get my im white so pity me membership card, i must have missed it when it came in the mail.

Hidden behind your race card.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join