It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turn Out The LIghts!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'm going to make a few assumptions:

1. You have a very healthy immune system
2. You have a high lung capacity
3. Very resilient when injured
4. High pain capacity
5. Quick reflexes
6. Higher tolerance to cold.

Any of these applicable?

Are you relaxed when you arrive home after the light outage and, finally....what kind of dreams do you have after the events?

(yes, this is leading somewhere)

1. Yes, I rarely get sick
2. Yes, I live at high altitude (now)
3. Yes, although less so than I used to (which I attribute to age)
4. Shockingly so, or so I am told by my doctors. I will endure extremes to not have to go to places like...the dentist, etc.
5. Yes, very.
6. Well, I did grow up in Wyoming which is notorious for extreme winter cold, so yes.

Yeah, I'm not emotionally affected in any way, other than curiousity, with the streetlight thing. Regarding dreams, nothing notable or similar from event to event.

Now please do tell!

edit on 11/27/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Electrophysiology at work.

You MAY be experiencing what is a variated Electrophysiology. I make zero claim that this is what is the solution, but it certainly gives you something to chew on.

It is no secret that the human body functions as, and I hate to make this superheroish sounding, energy beings. We all resonate with and by energy. Some people can actually resonate with specific forms of energy and its source at will, or by accident, thus able to manipulate or interfere with electrical signals emitted from light sources and machines.

Having the characteristics I specified are characteristics indicative to electrophysiology at work.

I realize this is quite a notion and can offer no peer review documentation, but I have a family member that restarts my DISH satellite every 10 minutes like clockwork when she comes to visit. She has disrupted it so often, we've had to change out the equipment twice now. Fortunately for Dish, she moved to another state and her visits are infrequent. She has had other disruptions in her own home, at restaurants, and no longer attempts to go to a movie theatre.

She has researched her "ability" and Electrophysiology was her conclusion.

This could be way off and be scoffed at among others here at ATS, but I grew up with her and I stand firm in affirmation that she is ElectroWoman!

So, the question is: can you turn the light back on?

edit on 27-11-2015 by NewzNose because: typo

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Heh... nope I've never been able to turn the light back on. Not only that, but equally I have never been able to observe the lights coming back on despite many, many, attempts.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Tyrion79

Here in Holland, local authorities have been testing streetlights on certain roads, by fitting them with motion-sensors in order to save energy. However, I get the feeling that these kind of things are not what the OP is describing.

Using motion sensed street lighting is brilliant.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Welcome to the club for folks with useless, laughable and sometimes annoying 'paranormal' powers... some of us can make streetlamps blink out at strange times when we feel a certain, hard to explain mental state... some effect all electronics negatively, and I bet someone out there can make cats freak out from a distance, for example.

I'm not sure if it's an external, immaterial intelligence or whatever is residing in our brains (or even if such a separation is accurate), but it happens.. .and some seem to have more control than others.

But an interesting, well presented post... so thanks. If you figure it out, please share.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Isn't that the truth!!

Well, I've been working on the solution for over 30 years and I haven't found it yet.

...until then, random streetlights continue to blink out as I drive by. Not always, but just enough to remind us.

edit on 11/27/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

edit on 11/27/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: replied to wrong post

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I've read about this happening to somebody else but I can't remember where or when. It's very strange that when you look out or your window at the light, that it went out. How many times as a % would you see that happen when looking out of the window? Very interesting.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Yeah, so the streetlight can turn on just in time to illuminate the broken down garbage truck you're about to collide with.

Brilliant!!

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mwsmith

Not sure I understand your question; do you mean what percent of streetlights I drive by go out? This would be a very low number. There are so many factors; time, density of streetlights, duration of drive, etc.

If I were to hazard a guess I'd say it happens 3-4 times a week.

And, it's not really a function of 'looking' at the lights (at least I don't think it is). It's more I'll be approaching a streetlight which is in my peripheral vision (it's kind of hard to describe). This odd feeling will hit me and then an instant later the light will click out and stay out.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Sorry if I was unclear. I was referring to the time you looked out of your window to the light you could see from a distance and then it went out. That's what makes the story especially interesting as its not just a case of being close to the lights. How often when looking at that light from your window did it go out?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I have had similar experiences but did not pay attention to them.

So. Would be interesting to quantify the phenomen and find out if it works also in other situations.

- you have visual contact to the light
- the distance is every time about the same
- you are moving towards the light

Then. Arrange an experiment if you can "Turn off light" in other similar ocassions. Quickly thought. For example:

- Your friend has four playing cards (random number generator) with
- four colours. In front of him he has
- four light bulbs of those colours. All light up.
- Now you think that one of the lights goes off
- Your friend picks a card and
- switches off the light of that colour.

If you can guess the light colour significantly better than random guess is. Then move on with the experiment changing the environment bit by bit to find out what actually is the factor that you are best in guessing.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Tritocvafukei

Sounds really complicated...sounds like 'work'.

All I know is certain streetlights go out as I'm approaching them while driving.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Wouldn't it be nice to know more of your extraordinary skill.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your story.

There is a street light that goes off when I pass near it (not always but most of the time).
I thought it was just coincidence until I read your post.

You seem like you studied your case, I just let it go.

I guess we are not crazy after all.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Street light interference, or SLI for short. It's kinda late, and if I'm honest, I'm just to lazy to paste a link right now. Google it. Interesting stuff.
edit on 3-12-2015 by ValleyofAshes because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2015 by ValleyofAshes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
My experience is somewhat similar but different.
I have witnessed strange anomalies with me , and my immediate family and having light bulbs constantly burn out, electronics going out quickly, and some things no one would believe. My coworker actually witnessed one of the strange events and couldn't believe his eyes, he kept trying to do it himself but couldn't. So I did some research, this is what I found. ..
In your case it sounds like 'sliders'
usahitman.com...

Street light interference phenomenon

I think with my family situation it's just 'electric people'

amasci.com...

But read both see what you learn. God only knows.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Every night when I walk my dog, I'll pass three streetlights, all on different roads, that always, without fail, turn off as I approach, and light up again after I pass. Doesn't matter about the time either, they'll do it if I'm walking at 20.00 or 23.00 or whenever.

I've encountered a couple of people who have mentioned in passing that the same thing happens to them, so I don't think it's all that uncommon. As for why the lights choose to shut off for a few seconds whenever I show my lovely face, well I don't know. Maybe I'm the Goddess of Streetlights, and my glowing minions must avert their light-gaze whilst they are blessed with my presence. That's probably definitely the reason.

There's even a Wikipedia page devoted to the phenomenon - en.wikipedia.org...

And I found this www.csicop.org...

In that last paragraph there, it says

The whole thing, however, could become really significant when the same person, at different times and with different lamps, over a consistent period of time, keeps on noticing anomalous behavior of street lamps. So far, however, nobody seems to have had this experience.

I have this experience! I don't have any psychic powers though. I don't really feel much in the way of emotion, anything I feel is short-lived and superficial, so it can't be because of my "energy" as claimed by some psychic types, the ones who say that intense emotions can impact one's surrounding environment.

I always take my phone with me when I take my dog for walkies, in order to listen to my amazing taste in music*, so maybe I should record it?

Either way, it's a very widely reported phenomenon, as evidenced by the massive amount of hits you get if you google it. Personally I'm inclined to think it's some mechanical thing happening, as opposed to psychic alien ghosts or whatever.

----

*not really a total narcissist, was just kidding so don't worry

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DeepThoughtCriminal

That's weird, and strangely reassuring; I never knew about SLI. Interesting! When I saw the other poster mention it I thought it was just in jest.

Good to know it's not just me!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Definitely heard of this before, interesting stuff. I'm not quite sure what to make of it personally, whether it's a "supernatural" thing or a mental thing or...???

I thought this was happening to me at one point, and it may have been. I'd notice random lights would turn off as I went by, and having heard of SLI and all of its mundane explanations I figured I was just catching them at the right time. However there was one road that I frequently traveled on several years ago that had a lot of lights, and I swear I could count down to when one in a certain area of that road (not sure if it was the SAME light) would go off as I came near. Still not quite sure what to make of it, I thought maybe my vehicle was causing it or maybe those particular lights were just a bit finicky. I really haven't thought about it in a while. I haven't had this happen to me -- or at least noticed it -- in about 3-4 years. Since I'm temporarily going "home" to the same area as back then, it'd probably be worth taking that road again to see what happens.

Personally I wouldn't dare claim anything paranormal about it, at least without some more observation. It was always sort of a curiosity... I could never force it to happen, and most of the time I couldn't predict it except for on that one road. Never heard anything, and never experienced anything odd on those drives apart from the lights themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join