It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Downed Russian pilot vows revenge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Man I feel bad for Turkey cause you know Russia isn't going to let this go.

There's not really much Russia can do. Any economic actions that they take will be against the backdrop of the Russian economy that is already hobbled by EU sanctions for their invasion of Crimea and interference in Ukraine. Russia cannot do anything militarily on account of being outgunned in the vicinity and that big thing called NATO.

It'll all go quiet.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OrionHunterX

I think that the shot down of the Russian jet was an error on the part of the Turkish defense, born out of fear and i also think that it is punishable with sactions. Russia should cut off all the bilateral trades with Turkey immediately instead of retaliating by shooting down a turkish plane. When two elephants fight, it is the innocent that suffers, innocent people like foreigners will die but the leaders that caused the problems would always escape.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Seems like someone told the Turkmen to eliminate anyone who could refute their story about the SU-24 breaching their boarders. Their whole story kinda collapses when a live witness from the plane in question is there to give testimony. Man I feel bad for Turkey cause you know Russia isn't going to let this go.

Whoa reality check. Erdogan is an aggressive a-hole, Putin is an aggressive a-hole. Both are playing politics, both lie. There is no way a surviving pilot is going to state "Yes we did invade that airspace" or course he will state they were always over Syria...DUH!. Do NOT take the testimony of anybody as sacrosanct. Even the evidence of images from each side could be falsified. Here's what we can take 100%:

Syria is a nightmare for any military involvement, there are too many sides, too many hidden agenda's. Anyone wishing to get involved has to be a maniac.

On the other hand the Russians are as thick as pig sh.t to go anywhere near the Turkish border !!!! There is absolutely no reason for them to go there and be "accidentally" inadvertently provocative...stupid stupid stupid. There is plenty of "ISIS" territory elsewhere. What DOES exist on the border is anti Assad forces backed up by Turkey...Hmmmm

edit on 27/11/2015 by yorkshirelad because: oops

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
Very interesting and glad the pilot is safe.

Will be keeping an eye on this.... sf

Ditto that I know who's side I am on.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I wonder which side is telling the truth about the warnings. Most military aircraft monitor 121.5 or 243.0 which are guard channels which means they are universally used for distress or warnings. The Turkish warnings could have been over any frequency instead of the 121.5 or 243.0 frecs and thus the recordings.. The Russians would have never of heard a thing... On the other hand the Russians could just be lying..

Either way Turkey shot down a Russian aircraft and I doubt they will stop payback after just bombing the Bab Hawa border crossing check point.

US monitors it, Western Europe monitors it, but word im hearing is folks further to the east dont really pay attention to it... or their training doesnt push constant monitoring of it.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
does anyone know if the pilots folded their chutes to get to the ground faster and safer?

I'm curious...maybe the type of egress won't let them

edit on 27-11-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Well you forgot the biggest reason Russia would be conducting strikes near the Turkish border. That would be ...

The “ISIS Rockefellers”: How Islamic State Oil Flows to Israel

Oil produced from fields under the control of the Islamic State group is at the heart of a new investigation by al-Araby al-Jadeed. The black gold is extracted, transported and sold, providing the armed group with a vital financial lifeline.

But who buys it? Who finances the murderous brutality that has taken over swathes of Iraq and Syria? How does it get from the ground to the petrol tank, and who profits along the way?

The Islamic State group uses millions of dollars in oil revenues to expand and manage vast areas under its control, home to around five million civilians.

IS sells Iraqi and Syrian oil for a very low price to Kurdish and Turkish smuggling networks and mafias, who label it and sell it on as barrels from the Kurdistan Regional Government.

It is then most frequently transported from Turkey to Israel, via knowing or unknowing middlemen, according to al-Araby’s investigation.

The Islamic State group has told al-Araby that it did not intentionally sell oil to Israel, blaming agents along the route to international markets.

The information was verified by Kurdish security officials, employees at the Ibrahim Khalil border crossing between Turkey and Iraqi Kurdistan, and an official at one of three oil companies that deal in IS-smuggled oil.

According to the intelligence officer, border officials receive large bribes from local Iraqi smuggling gangs and privately owned refineries.

Once in Turkey, the lorries continue to the town of Silopi, where the oil is delivered to a person who goes by the aliases of Dr Farid, Hajji Farid and Uncle Farid.

Uncle Farid is an Israeli-Greek dual national in his fifties. He is usually accompanied by two strong-built men in a black Jeep Cherokee. Because of the risk involved in taking a photo of Uncle Farid, a representative drawing was made of him.

Once inside Turkey, IS oil is indistinguishable from oil sold by the Kurdistan Regional Government, as both are sold as “illegal”, “source unknown” or “unlicensed” oil.

I could re-post it all, or you could just read it for yourself. Turkish underground, with the obvious help of their intelligence apparatus, make money selling this oil back to Israel, and it just keeps going. Its funny I remember France protesting the Iraq war because of their manipulation of paperwork to purchase illegal oil under Saddam's sanctioned Iraq.

I suppose it is Turkey's turn to cry about its illegal oil purchases now being destroyed??

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20082804]GBP/JPY[/posst]

does the ejection seat apparatus have chute controls??

~~~
it would seem that the ejection seat might afford the pilot, up there all helpless while descending, at least a little bit of bullet protection at the bottom side
I seem to remember that the civilized rules-of-engagement was supposed to make it a war crime to shoot at those people that were parachuting from a disabled aircraft.... So

just that act, an act of uncivilized sub-humans yelling Akbar or something or other while target practicing on a human parachutist....gives us all an insight as to the WHY in the use of tactical nukes in the desert against these sub-human acting terrorists Is gaining traction as we speak...

these animals hate modern society, but drink liquor, smoke dope, rape females including minors & dream of a stone-age rebirth of living standards

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
a reply to: [post=20082804]GBP/JPY[/posst]

does the ejection seat apparatus have chute controls??

~~~
it would seem that the ejection seat might afford the pilot, up there all helpless while descending, at least a little bit of bullet protection at the bottom side
I seem to remember that the civilized rules-of-engagement was supposed to make it a war crime to shoot at those people that were parachuting from a disabled aircraft.... So

just that act, an act of uncivilized sub-humans yelling Akbar or something or other while target practicing on a human parachutist....gives us all an insight as to the WHY in the use of tactical nukes in the desert against these sub-human acting terrorists Is gaining traction as we speak...

these animals hate modern society, but drink liquor, smoke dope, rape females including minors & dream of a stone-age rebirth of living standards

No the ejection seat does not have controls.
The pilot usually separates from the seat after ejection and his parachute
is deployed automatically in case the pilot is unconscious. I don't think the parachutes are the steerable type that sports parachutes or demo teams like the Golden knights use.

Geneva Conventions
Article 42 of the 1977 Additional Protocol I provides:
1. No person parachuting from an aircraft in distress shall be made the object of attack during his descent.
2. Upon reaching the ground in territory controlled by an adverse Party, a person who has parachuted from an aircraft in distress shall be given an opportunity to surrender before being made the object of attack, unless it is apparent that he is engaging in a hostile act.
3. Airborne troops are not protected by this Article

Meaning if a plane is shot down and the pilot ejects shooting at the pilot is considered bad form.
If someone willingly jumps out of a plane with the intent on doing harm once they are down it's ok to shoot at them.
I remember in the Army some stupid rule that it wasn't ok to shoot Airborne troops but you could shoot their equipment, the fact that they were wearing said equipment was an unfortunate coincidence.
Either way I wouldn't expect much in the way of civilized behavior any middle east war.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OrionHunterX
Likely? Drink less mad ruski

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

But Russia are fighting all who opposes Assad, so of course this was going to happen. Not trying to justify either side, personally I think its the penis measuring competition that is really reminiscent of the cold war. One would lose their mind trying to figure out allies and enemies in the middle east.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20083432]
Either way I wouldn't expect much in the way of civilized behavior any middle east war.

Sadly, no. The world is as it is, and not how we want it to be. None of the warrior tribes running around in Syria are signatories of the Geneva Convention, at any rate.

Here's a fun potential conspiracy: All the reports of both pilots being dead were true. Russia drums up this guy, and makes him the "face" of the controversy/hero. *

* This conspiracy is pure conjecture, claims no basis in fact, and should not be used as a pretext to hate, injure, maim, or kill anyone

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Belgianbloke
Indeed, a conveniently truth left behind by the NATO. It always amazes me that France/England etc are talking about stepping up their air support when in fact they have no legitimate basis to fly there.

Actually, the recent UNSC vote (backed by Russia) gives them that legitimacy.

That resolution backed "all necessary measures" in fighting IS...

EDIT: And it's the UK, not England. Plus, so far, we have conducted zero strikes or even backed up other nations strikes in Syria. We have focused solely on Iraq where we have been invited by their Government.
edit on 28/11/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It's getting back to normal between Russia and Turkey .The Turks think that they can demand things after an attack on Russia and will soon be placed in heavy debris, for heaving such a big mouth. I hope that NATO remains outside of this confrontation between those two,they have brought it on themselves..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join