It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will answer every question about evolution you have

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
[Snipped]

With the best of my abilities (and hopefully the help of other knowledgeable members), I'm here to further knowledge on the subject of Evolution.

Now, I'm not quite sure what these questions will be so I'm opening the questions to others that may also feel that the Theory of Evolution is an inadequate way to determine how modern life came to be.

edit on 11.27.2015 by Kandinsky because: Edited unnecessary reference to another member

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I have always wondered, that what is the final form of our jawbone,, it seems, that it is going to disappear..

just finished assembling some reptile jaws, there was so many parts compared to mammals...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I'm confused a little - why did "Raggedyman" not start the thread themselves? Post count too low to start one perhaps?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

I have always wondered, that what is the final form of our jawbone,, it seems, that it is going to disappear..

just finished assembling some reptile jaws, there was so many parts compared to mammals...

The jaw is actually a really interesting set of bones to look at. In a number of species you can still see the fusion between different sections of the jaw where it once used to be separated in ancestral species.

As for your first line in your response, Evolution doesn't really have a 'final form', technically everything is just another transition from it's current form, to whatever the next form will be. In 1000 years, or several thousand years, or millions of years, if humans still exist, we would likely be classified as a different species under the Homo genus, simply because we would have diverged so far from what we currently are now.

originally posted by: MrCrow
I'm confused a little - why did "Raggedyman" not start the thread themselves? Post count too low to start one perhaps?

I'm not quite sure. He was either bluffing, as he has yet to post (and I responded to his comment in the other thread almost immediately), He didn't really thing I was going to do it, or he was a bit too flustered to realize that he probably should have been the one to start it. He did seem pretty agitated in the other topic.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I have moved my way of thinking about how and why we are here . Even our history books need to be revised from time to time because of new discoveries .We know we are hear and must have come from there ,where ever and when ever that was . Going back to the very moment of life sprouting up in a time frame should and is a hard act .

Digging in the dirt gives us information .It seldom tells the whole story and so a bit of speculation helps to paint a picture . Information observed and collected and put into a proper context is critical . If we put our own presuppositions into the telling of that story we may get it wrong . So the better the information the better our understanding (barring presuppositions )

"

"The Origins of Information: Exploring and Explaining Biological Information"

In the 21st century, the information age has finally come to biology. We now know that biology at its root is comprised of information rich systems, such as the complex digital code encoded in DNA. Groundbreaking discoveries of the past decade are revealing the information bearing properties of biological systems.

Philosopher of science Dr. Stephen C. Meyer is examining and explaining the amazing depth of digital technology found in each and every living cell, such as nested coding, digital processing, distributive retrieval and storage systems, and genomic operating systems.

Meyer is developing a more fundamental argument for intelligent design that is based not on a single feature like the bacterial flagellum, but rather on a pervasive feature of all living systems. Alongside matter and energy, Dr. Meyer shows that there is a third fundamental entity in the universe needed for life: information. www.stephencmeyer.org...

So my question would be .Does information come from a thing or a intelligence that created the information we see ?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Just watched a documentary on dinosaurs (blasphemy to some I know). Il get the ball rolling. What is dwarfism, why is it beneficial and do you think in many years time humans will revert to dwarfism type evolution? Simple and expandable question I feel.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hi

I ask this as someone who believes in evolution but theres one thing I dont get and thats the eye. What is the evolutionary path of the eye?

cheers

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
Not really an evolution question. Don't think he intended it to be a philosophical meaning of life type thread.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I'll ask a question. Homo sapiens: what will our next step be evolution-wise?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: johnrobca
Couldn't have asked a more christian question if you tried. Lol.

Although still a fascinating subject.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
What observable evidence did you witness that made you believe in evolution
show me so that I too may believe

For if you fail to show this evidence
Then you will be seen as a lier
Making false accusations

I will give you 100 years to present your evidence
Because I know there is no evidence

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: piney
Please don't troll. This thread is intended for people like you with nk knowledge or comprehension on the subject, so that you can understand the world around you.

If you genuinely don't believe in evolution please Google search chicken dinosaur embryo. If that doesn't prove to you that birds evolved from dinosaurs there is unfortunately no hope for you other than the lauds book.

I would ask you what observable evidence do you have not to believe in evolution? You have a million years to answer.

edit on 27-11-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Very well written comment! And I agree with much of what you've said.

Evolution doesn't really dwell on what created DNA specifically, that would lean more-so in the realm of Abiogenesis. Well, the transition from abiogenesis to actual life. In Abiogenesis, however, there are some very interesting hypothesis that depict DNA transitioning out from RNA.

We do know that changes in an organism's phenotype results from both its genotype and the influence from the environment it has lived in. Which is one reason why we have variation in the first place. So we have a naturalistic approach as to how new genes are added. As for what started RNA/DNA, that resides outside of Evolution.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
Just watched a documentary on dinosaurs (blasphemy to some I know). Il get the ball rolling. What is dwarfism, why is it beneficial and do you think in many years time humans will revert to dwarfism type evolution? Simple and expandable question I feel.

Dwarfism can be caused for a number of reasons. I'm assuming, since you just watched a documentary on dinosaurs, that you mean to ask why organisms become smaller?

Evolution or a species occurs at a population level, not an individual one. So if a population within a species were to slowly enter an environment in which it would become beneficial to be smaller, traits that would benefit the population would be selected through natural selection. If those traits are not selected for in successive generations, than the population will likely die off (if it continues to live in an environment it isn't well suited for).

The important thing to know is that Evolution doesn't necessarily mean a species is going to evolve into something greater, bigger, stronger, and better. Evolution often takes away features that are no longer needed. We can see examples of this in the guts of some worms, or the eyes of species that have migrated over a period of time into an environment absent of light. It's the very reasons vestigial limbs/organs/dna exists.

Size is no exception. If the environment is favors a smaller size, that feature will likely be selected for.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnrobca
Hi

I ask this as someone who believes in evolution but theres one thing I dont get and thats the eye. What is the evolutionary path of the eye?

cheers

There's actually quite a few physiological features in a lot of organism that seem very curious on how they came about. The Eye is a very good example of this.

One thing to remember is that the eye, at least in the evolutionary history of Homo sapiens is not a new feature at all. Our biological ancestors and us have had them for an extremely long time. In some other species, however, they are still in development. Here's a great visual depiction on how the eye evolved:

As you can see, it's an extremely gradual process - as is anything else in evolutionary mutations. However, this visual representation does simply show how very simple light censoring cells can gradually mutate into a more complex structure, like we see in our eyes.

Of course, the mutation will only further develop if the organism continues to live in an environment where sight is a favorable mutation. It doesn't need to continue on and on if the mutation is beneficial to the organism in it's current state.

You can learn more here if you want even more details

Link

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrow
I'll ask a question. Homo sapiens: what will our next step be evolution-wise?

If you read some of my earlier comments, it will answer this question. But, to directly address it, it would be determined by the environment around us. Everything living adapts to it's surrounding, if it doesn't it ends up being weeded out through natural selection.

Humans are an interesting species, because we've cutout a lot of natural selection by living in ways that prevent the environment from intruding on our survival (at least, to the best of our abilities).

Another thing to note would be that Evolution doesn't occur at a species wide level, it actually occurs at a population level. If a species is widespread enough to have groups of their population living in a specific, but different, environment from one another, each population would adapt to their own, specific, environments.

It's one reason we have so much variation in Humans to begin with. Skin colour, Hair texture, muscular features, facial features, red blood cell count, viral immunity, and so on. The variation is do to these different environments.

Some technological futurists have supposed that the convergence between humans and technology is our next step of evolution, and may be our last step before become a total 'singularity', where we essentially surpass our biological forms and become machines, to some extent.

originally posted by: piney
What observable evidence did you witness that made you believe in evolution
show me so that I too may believe

For if you fail to show this evidence
Then you will be seen as a lier
Making false accusations

I will give you 100 years to present your evidence
Because I know there is no evidence

I've actually addressed your question in the other topic you posted in here. Of course, you're more than welcome to read the other responses I've given in this thread that also give a clear representation of evolution.

If you're still not convinced, could you specify an exact issue you have with Evolution, so I can address it specifically?
edit on 27/11/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
Couldn't have asked a more christian question if you tried. Lol.

Although still a fascinating subject.

lol oh no I'm turning into a christian .. call me an abulance

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Just fight it...for dear life

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

great thank you
I will read further

would the light sensitive cells be similar to heat sensitive cells but just have a different function? Would we have once been covered in light sensitive cells in the same was as we are covered in heat sensitive cells now?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hi, I am evolution newby : )

Lets talk about mutations for a bit, shall we?

what are changes or mutations?
How does evolution explains progress by them?
Did progress suddenly appear for all over the earth? For instance when we were changing to homo sapiens. How did that go exactly? Is this just one lucky mutation from which all other humans inherit dna or smt? Or did this appear on a global level at around the same time?

It is wired to me, that there can be suddenly a whole new species which evolved from previous. But I know there is some logical explanation. Please teach me : )

also how come there is a certain balance between all creatures so we can all coexists? Although we are destroying that balance, but animals are all in perfect harmony, all over the earth by themselves from ancient times. Everything is so miraculously connected.

From my understanding evolution is fine and dandy, but to just say that evolution progression is by random chance is something which I cannot grasp. Especially if we take into account and widen prospective what must have happened before evolution can even take place - since the big bang and till now. Everything in balance forever.

It is a biggest miracle we are here, if it is by chance.

I think that everything can be explained logically! But we are far from seeing the whole picture. our senses and mind are deceiving us, big time. There are other realities which are not perceived by senses and the complete answer to evolution lies there. Evolution of the universe and evolution of life is the same thing, but just on different level. One is about material, the other is about life, which comes later after appropriate conditions are set. But there is a deeper level, a level from which everything is designed somehow...

any thoughts?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join