It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft Managed To Get My Money...Again...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I recently went the same route and traded in my Xbox 360 for an Xbox One. I got a pretty similar deal too, but through Game Stop a few weeks prior. I got the TB console, a second controller (op-ed for the Halo V styled one because it looked cool), a headset, the Gears of War games, Rare Replay, and GTA V for under $400 after the trade in incentive. I did not go with the Kinect version.

GTA V is crazy better on the XB1. Bigger lobbies, first person view, and way better graphics. And yeah, Star Wars Battlefront, while basically Star Wars COD/BF, is a lot of fun too.

I'll probably delve back into the Forza games eventually too. Last time I played it was Forza 3. I think they're on 5 or 6 now. But those always provided me tons of fun too.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Looking at the differences between GTA V on the One and 360, I would probably want to get the new version anyway. Majority of people seem to be echoing more on the side that game saves are account based, not HDD based though. I guess I'll find out pretty soon. Microsoft informed me that save data will transfer from 360 versions to the One versions too...hmmm.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I know Warhammer Vermintide is on consoles, I got it on PC it's pretty sweet if still looking for games.

It's good if you liked Left 4 Dead series.

bah: keep forgetting you said not big into FPS, apologies.
edit on 29-11-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys. I opted to tread safe with what I know for the time being. I of course got the Gears of War bundle, that came with the new Assassin's Creed. I also went out and got GTA V on trade in since the One version seems to be a bit more refined. I then also ordered Madden '15, and Devil May Cry, since I haven't played either franchise in many years.

I will probably be adding the new MGS game too before it's all said and done.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Shugo

Download rocket league!
20 bucks... Come on! If you are a light gamer such as me this is a must have!

im addicted!

Games are five minutes long.

My gamer tag is the same as my ats name.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I don't normally reboot threads, but I figured I'd give some of the Sony fanboy's that replied a bit of a chuckle.

I just sold my Xbox One this week for $180. I bought a PS4 two weeks prior to that.

There weren't any games unique to the Xbox that I wanted to play, and more and more games started to show up on the PS4 that I actually had interest in. God Eater 2 has seen a lot of my time, as has Disgaea 5. I'm hoping to get into Star Ocean before FF XV comes out in November.

In addition to the lack of games of interest, not a single game that I wanted on backwards compatibility has even been mentioned yet. I will probably buy a slim Xbox 360 to compensate for that. Shame, damn shame...wasted a good $150 on a unit I barely invested 24 hours in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join