It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMPERSONATION - The Game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

I want to start a forum game because I'm bored. Anyone can play ... ANYONE!

The game is played when someone is chosen to be the "Initiator". The Initiator then thinks up of an person, place, living thing, or object for a subject. The Initiator then posts a statement saying "Impersonate a [CHOSEN SUBJECT]!"

All other members on the site EXCEPT that round's Initiator think up the most hilarious jokes, puns, or general comedic genius as long as those things center around the poster impersonating the subject stated by the Initiator.

The Initiator then chooses what he/she thinks is the funniest post out of all the impersonations after three hours in real-time has passed.

The member chosen as the winner becomes the new Initiator, and the process repeats itself till the end of time ...

For example ...

INITIATOR: Impersonate an orange!

RANDOM MEMBER 1: "You know, I'd rather be blue to be honest ..."

RANDOM MEMBER 2: "As a segregated member of the orange community, I'm now officially identify with the 'Orange Lives Matter' movement."

RANDOM MEMBER 3: "I'm a rebellious female orange and my name is Miley Citrus."

INITIATOR: RANDOM MEMBER 2 wins!

*RANDOM MEMBER 2 becomes new INITIATOR and previous previous INITIATOR loses his/her title*

ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT RULES:

1. If the Initiator is chosen and doesn't make a statement within two hours of being chosen, the thread creator (Passerby1996) will choose a new Initiator at random.

2. If you're chosen as an Initiator but know that you cannot be present after the three hours of impersonations has ended, after which you must choose the funniest impersonation, the time when you should state the subject the members must impersonate, you additionally say "I NEED A GRACE PERIOD". Before or after you say this, you must state the subject that must be impersonated. Invoking the "GRACE PERIOD" will add an additional NINE HOURS for impersonations to be made. If the Initiator fails to choose a winner after the twelve hours total have expired, Passerby1996 will choose a new Initiator.

For example:

*after being chosen as Initiator*

INITIATOR: Impersonate a famous movie star! Also, sorry guys, but I need to get some sleep ... I NEED A GRACE PERIOD!

3. After the typical three hours has ended for impersonations to be made, the INITIATOR is given a window of 45 minutes to choose a winner. If the 45 minutes run out before making a decision, Passerby1996 will choose a winner instead.

That basically covers everything. If you have any questions please ask.

ALSO, I'll be the first Initiator:

IMPERSONATE A FAMOUS GENERAL FROM HISTORY!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I defeated Nazis for Christ's sake...

& I don't even get a Patton the back.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
nvm....lol!!!! I already suck at this game.

edit on 26-11-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

If everyone is thinking alike then, someone isn't thinking.

General Patton

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Passerby1996

Kicked more arse than most people could even dream of, wrote a book about military tactics which is still referred to hundreds and hundreds of years after my death by modern tacticians and trainees alike, and what do I get for it? Being misquoted by armchair warriors on the internet, daily.

Are you proud Ma? I know I am!

Sun Tzu.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
About 45 minutes until I pick a winner. Hurry up if you want to win this round!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
"You try to do the right thing in the paternal role...instill a sense of honesty and honor...you lead by example, hoping that as the first in a long line of authority figures, your guidance will provide a legacy for generations down the line...And then, time passes, your influence wanes, and....
.....BAM!!! Next thing you know, everything's out the window and you're ashamed you ever became a father in the first place!! ...sigh...
.....Oh well...what're ya gonna do?
...Guess it's just what comes of being a single parent to an entire country...sigh..."

Okay - mine may not count...by the 'time frame' of the impersonation, he was no longer a general...

edit on 26-11-2015 by lostgirl because: George Washington...Father of our country - get it?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I'm slightly early announcing winners but oh well ...

YOU WIN "CharlieSpeirs" !

Also, I've decided to make a "Hall of Glory" (it's a scoreboard) for those who happen to win. Think of it as a way for the world to remember you forever once you win a round of IMPERSONATION.

Alright Charlie, as you're the new Initiator you've got two hours to make a statement. What will it be?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
~HALL OF GLORY~

(Name - # of wins)

CharlieSpeirs - 1

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
***Impersonate a Famous Celebrity from History***

top topics

join