It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post Your New Religions HERE!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The major religions of the world have failed us. Christianity, Islam, Buddhism ... they've all failed us. They are artifacts of a bygone era, and must be left behind.

That's why I'm starting a thread so others can suggest entirely new religions!

Just some few requirements before you post, so we don't get suggestions that aren't detailed or are WAY off-the-wall ...

Name: Your religion must have a name!

Core Beliefs: Your religion must have at least three ideas or morals that you strive to follow.

Holy Books (optional): What is the name of the collection of myths and stories that are written down for your believers to follow?

Creation Myth/Story: How does your religion believe the world was created?

Important Deities/Figures: List as many of the important deities in your religion as you can, while also giving a short backstory for each one.

Associated Stories/Books: Usually found in a holy book or passed down through oral communication, these are the stories that define the beliefs or mythos of your religion (and are unrelated to your creation myth or end-times myth)

End-Times Myth/Story(optional): How does your religion believe the world will end?

Other notable details(optional): Self-explanatory

Finally, try to keep your entrys into the above categories at least fifteen words and at most 120 words long to avoid clutter.

Now's your chance, ATS members! Give us more of a reason to worship at your feet!
edit on 26-11-2015 by Passerby1996 because: No religious thread is perfect ...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Passerby1996
Just book marking the post so I can follow and choose the best one. I like this game.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
A thread like this would be incomplete without:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Definitely the "White Monkey" cult/church.....

Or

The "Hershey White Chocolate Pretzel" church of good-ness

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Passerby1996

Name: Your religion must have a name!

Reepicheepavalokiteshvaraism. Reason: you cannot attack something you cannot name...

Core Beliefs: Your religion must have at least three ideas or morals that you strive to follow.

Um,

-be selfless,

-always follow your dream,

-chocolate is good.

Holy Books (optional): What is the name of the collection of myths and stories that are written down for your believers to follow?

My short stories! My short stories!

Creation Myth/Story: How does your religion believe the world was created?

At first Earth was not

Then it was.

Simple, short and sweet.

Important Deities/Figures: List as many of the important deities in your religion as you can, while also giving a short backstory for each one.

The two most important deities (other than me, of course) would be Reason, and Passion.

Associated Stories/Books: Usually found in a holy book or passed down through oral communication, these are the stories that define the beliefs or mythos of your religion (and are unrelated to your creation myth or end-times myth)

Um, maybe an encyclopedia of the universe and everything?

End-Times Myth/Story(optional): How does your religion believe the world will end?

I would choose, um, the Engulfed by the Sun storyline.

Other notable details(optional): Self-explanatory

Reepicheepavalokiteshvarists are awesome, and kind, and love to clothe as they desire; they are unconventional, they prefer working together instead of fighting with one another, they find hobbies which are complementary instead of competitive, oh and they alway remember to be childish from time to time.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The Religion of Silence.

All religious activity is maintained only in one's thoughts.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Today I am worshiping they turkey gods, praying that my wife hurry's the hell up and stops torturing me with this amazing aroma..

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You'd have a hell of a time finding followers if you cannot broadcast your religion of silence to thers, nor can the poterntial followers express their subscription to your religion of silence!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I suggest this:

Raise your hands in the air and ask God to guide you to the right religion.
Do this with full conviction for if there is a God, he will definitely hear you.
If you're sincere while asking, God will answer your prayer in his own mysterious way.
He will guide you but then it will be up to you to accept his guidance when it comes to you.
It has to come from both ways.

Good luck

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Definitely the "White Monkey" cult/church.....

Or

The "Hershey White Chocolate Pretzel" church of good-ness

I can swallow that.
Good religion.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The last thing this world needs is another religion.
As it is that's been one of the major causes of many of the worlds problems all through history.

Mind your own damn business.
Have respect for your fellow man.
Show some common sense.

That's all we need.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I received (as a birthday present from a friend) an 'official diploma' of Dudeist priest, I also have the bumper sticker. Hope this won't irritate my pastafarian friends.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
I received (as a birthday present from a friend) an 'official diploma' of Dudeist priest, I also have the bumper sticker. Hope this won't irritate my pastafarian friends.

The Dude abides.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Church of the SubGenius....

Praise Bob....

www.subgenius.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I would model mine a lot like the universal life church.

There are few rules and doesn't require money to be paid.

part of the reason I'm a member I guess.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Oh dont worry im sure the new world order will come up with something good like

Chrislamabuhddazionism.

Hey thats pretty good do i win a prize.,......

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I would say that my 'religion" would be more of a philosophy, similar to Buddhism. There would definitely not be a god.

I would say that my commandments would be:

1) All humans have equal worth, you do not know what lead someone to murder, you do not know what made someone poor, you are equal to all others, and all others are equal to you.

2) Rid yourself of banks and loans, they do not serve you, you ultimately serve them

3) Only keep that which you need to live naturally, do not overindulge with fancy things which serve no real value in your life. Excessive wealth is unnecessary.

4) Eat healthy and be active, the more 'clean' you are the richer a life you will live

5) Ignorance is the ultimate sin, expand your knowledge in as many studies as possible, even that which society deems as taboo, but place no judgements upon those that seek to know things that you would deem taboo, for they are too simply exercising their minds as you are

6) Work with others to gain momentum at a whole, individual success only serves to displace you from the rest of humanity

7) Feel pity for those that are stuck in a mental state which prevents them from expanding their knowledge. Help them to escape their chains and open their mind, but do not fill their minds with your own knowledge, leave them to discover the universe around them on their own.

8) Replace as much of the world around you from which you took the necessities of life. Aim to diminish your impact as much as possible. Live alongside the natural world, not exempt from it.

9) Do not overwork your body or your mind, even if others might be able to care for you, you may become a burden upon them. Take time to rest every day, relax, and relieve yourself from worry, discomfort, and stress.

10) Never stop trying experiencing new things. So long as those things do not harm you or those around you, new experiences will lead to a fulfilled life; regardless if these new experience may have turned out to have an unforeseen negative impact.

11) Do not let your mind crumble from an unfavorable event. Instead, acknowledge that it happened, learn from it, and allow it to become a part of your history, without holding you back.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Sub!!!! Now you speaka~mi langua! ! ! !

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

no. No more chains. No more psychological restraint with imaginary idols.

stop it. Just be a good person.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join