It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally, Most Young Americans Now Accept Evolution Over Creationism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
So we are still arguing this topic? I have a simple solution.

God created evolution.

OK...now can we be done with this?

God is not necessary for life to exist. If you believe in theistic evolution, all the power to you, it's a far more realistic belief than creationism. Still though, God is simply unnecessary for evoluton to occur, natural forces are explanatory enough. By Occam's razor, there is no God in the equation.

"Guided evolution" like some descriptions of Intelligent Design also go against the core principles of natural selection, and is neither falsifiable nor testable; it is a hypothetical dead end. Nothing wrong with believing in it on faith, but you must understand that it is not scientific in any way, shape or form.

Evolution is not a religious belief, it is not a supernatural process, to claim that it is, is antiscientific. Nothing against religious beliefs, but they simply are not relevant to scientific method and its findings.

I'm amazed once again at the level of ignorance displayed by members here, reminds me of this nonsense from a few days ago..
edit on 27-11-2015 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: spygeek

I don't actually believe in God. I just thought it was an interesting statement.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

It isn't very interesting, it comes from a purely religious stand point.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Cosmic911

Interestingly a falling away of faith was predicted long ago. I feel like laughing when I read people putting faith in mankind to rule and make everything better. we have one hope and he is predicted to come and the predictions are following course so I expect arrival soon. Thank our creator he has not abandoned us!

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

If he ever existed before, he certainly has abandoned us. There is ZERO evidence of his existence now or ever. But 100% evidence of the Universe. So if anything has always or must exist it is the force that has 100% evidence of being real.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Interestingly a falling away of faith was predicted long ago. I feel like laughing when I read people putting faith in mankind to rule and make everything better. we have one hope and he is predicted to come and the predictions are following course so I expect arrival soon. Thank our creator he has not abandoned us!

2000 years of 'any day now!'....

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

you might want to pop some corn, order dinner, grab some refreshments and settle in for a bit if you really think there are any actual predictions in the bible that are coming true. 1st century converts thought the 2nd coming was going to occur in their lifetime so your buddy is about 1985 years late if he's coming at all.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I believe I came from God and you believe you came from a monkey, and you've convinced me your right.....

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Allow me to translate. "Finally! 65% of young Americans, are brainwashed". This proves "public school" works!

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
I believe I came from God and you believe you came from a monkey, and you've convinced me your right.....

Umm..insulting another person does not prove your from God, in fact I am pretty sure that is against those beliefs.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
God is outdated. Accept it and move on.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LordBael

Outdated? Says who? 65% of young Americans and you? "Public school" kids? Percentage and polls? Torture data, long enough and it will confess to anything. God doesn't even need to be mentioned. And "Scientist" are still confussed about the "answer".

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LordBael

Percentage. 65% of 20% polled? 65% of 10% polled? 65% of 5% polled? ... Numbers are tricky and say a lot...of nothing. 5% of Americans agree, 100%, that no god exists. Now?!!!?! There's a news "story"!
edit on 27-11-2015 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

To play devils advocate, scientists will always be confused, as there will always be questions.

But is not religion confused? Even if we were to say all the myriad religions past and present, except Christianity, were false, but Christ was truly the son of God, why are Christians so confused about the answer? There are 33,830 different denominations of Christianity, all disagreeing in subtle or major ways.

If we are to apply your logic then also, 'Christians are confused about the 'answer'.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

2000 years of 'any day now!'....

Very short time actually if you don't think only in your own life span terms.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

you might want to pop some corn, order dinner, grab some refreshments and settle in for a bit if you really think there are any actual predictions in the bible that are coming true. 1st century converts thought the 2nd coming was going to occur in their lifetime so your buddy is about 1985 years late if he's coming at all.

The signs are all here I don't know if it will be my lifetime but it will happen and it will be soon.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

What, nearly a third of the time the earth has existed is short?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: toktaylor

If he ever existed before, he certainly has abandoned us. There is ZERO evidence of his existence now or ever. But 100% evidence of the Universe. So if anything has always or must exist it is the force that has 100% evidence of being real.

I feel very differently than you as you can see by my post, there is extreme amounts of evidence if you bother to look. We should be glad we have been given time to look learn and listen. I certainly don't feel abandoned.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

And as was pointed out, they have thought 'any day now, the signs are right' for nigh on two millennia. Is this 'soon' the same as the soon 2000 years ago?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

BS, is BS. It doesn't matter what you call it or who authored it. Your question is easily answered "biblically". You speak as if, everyone "claiming Christ" is "Christian". Or that every "scientist" knows what they're talking about. The bible is not confussed. People are. Doesn't matter what "title" they claim. "Science" is a search for truth, not excuses. I don't disagree with science, not in the least. But it seems, they put a lot of effort and funds, into disproving than finding answers. Back to "religion". Yes it's very confused! The Creator didn't establish a "religion", He made "a way" to be reconciled. Men make "religion" and "theories". Doesn't matter what they paint on the shingle...it was still written by a man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join